Anyone who lives with a feline friend — or spends any amount of time on the Internet — already knows that cats make the world go ’round. My cats can get me to do things I wouldn’t normally find desirable, such as keeping a poop-filled box in my sunroom, waking up at 5 a.m. to pass out salmon-flavored anti-hairball treats, and scrubbing vomit from the living room rug after discovering that said hairball treats actually do not work.
It seems that advertisers have finally discovered the overwhelming power of feline magnetism. The good news, of course, is that television is becoming way more adorable; the bad news is that I kind of want to eat at Pizza Hut now. Enjoy these five crazy cat commercials from around the globe, and don’t forget to hail a giant tabby for the commute home.
1. Eat Pizza Hut in Japan
Admittedly, there are about 500 things I’d eat before Pizza Hut, but if the store were staffed by cats wearing tiny visors, I’d dine there every day — massive weight gain be damned.
Though I’m not sure why this odd commercial introduces the cats as though they are starring in a film about explosions alongside Bruce Willis and Steven Seagal, and I’m pretty sure at least one of the cats is trying to take off his hat by crawling out from under it, kind of like when you put duct tape on a kitty’s back. Not that I’ve ever done that. Nope. Never.
2. Drink this British milk
This commercial for Cravendale, a British milk company, explores an age-old question: What if cats had thumbs? Answer: The scenario that plays out here would probably be pretty realistic. Nobody’s breakfast would be safe.
3. Eat Skittles in Canada
This bizarre Skittles commercial goes from cute and cuddly to all kinds of not okay in 10 seconds flat. On a related note, am I the only one who likes it when my kitties lick my fingers?
4. Wear this American T-shirt
If you could get 25 kittens to sit still and keep their claws retracted, would wearing a kitten shirt really be such a bad idea? I mean, the shirt would purr! According to the dude in this Hanes commercial, they’re available on SkyMall.
5. Chew this Japanese gum
Morning commute got you down? This Japanese gum commercial provides an out: Just pop a piece of Link in your mouth, and within seconds you’ll be making snow angels on the head of a giant tabby as the animal safely transports you to the office. Because waiting on the subway is for suckers.
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here’s a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I’m Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box — Here’s Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she’s an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.