Close X


Tales of a Biscuit Maker

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing Diary Entry 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  

My First Christmas

December 25th 2007 4:03 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Today was my first Christmas. I couldn't ask for a better day. Mommy made bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning. Although she never lets me eat human food, she let me eat a little bit of bacon and eggs. WOW!! What a great treat! I didn't know people food was so tasty!

After breakfast, I got to open my stocking. Oh boy, I got mice, mice, and more mice. I don't think I will ever run out of mice. After that we all laid on the couch and took a nap. Pure perfection. I hope every Christmas is as wonderful as this one.


I saw Santa!!

December 8th 2007 6:12 pm
[ View A Comments ]

I went to Petco today and saw this guy in a red suit they call Santa. I sat on his lap. I really wanted to just look around but they wanted to take my picture. They got a pretty good one but mommy wanted a really good one. She asked them to take another. Well, I turned my head *click*, I meowed *click* then I finally settled down and they got a pretty decent one. After that, I was so comfortable, I didn't want to get off of Santa's lap. He was warm and snuggly.

On another note. I went to the vet Dec 5. That was the day before my eleven month birthday. The vet said I have a bladder infection and have to take this yucky medicine for ten days. Ugh! But the cool thing is I weigh 9 lbs 8 oz. Mommy told my breeder this. They said they've never heard of a female Tonk being that big without being fat. And I'm not fat. I'm all muscle, see *flexes muscles* mol I wonder how big I'm going to get. I'm already as big as the boys. Maybe I'll be the biggest Tonk ever!


A Mystery Solved...Sort of...

November 10th 2007 4:18 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Tosca would never tell you this as I'm sure she thinks it's quite normal, but I had to share this as I've never seen it before. Since I got her, I would occasionally find toys in the food dish and I knew it was Tosca. But I never knew anything more.

Today I walked in on her eating with a toy in her dish. She would take a bite of food and chew it up then chew the toy a bit then take another bit of food and repeat. I have no idea why she does this but it explains how her toys get so wet and nasty.

I think it's rather amusing. I wish I could talk her language to find out why she does this, but then again, sometimes the mysteries of life are twice as interesting as the answers.

Angie (Tosca's Mommy)


On the catwalk

September 3rd 2007 12:25 pm
[ View A Comments ]

I'm almost eight-months-old. Today I decided to get on the catwalk for the first time. Mommy was proud of me and surprised. Then she warned me not to get up there when Marina is up there because one of us could fall off and get hurt. I told her not to worry so much.

I'm still growing. Mommy weighed all of us yesterday. Velvet weighed 7.6 lbs and Marina and I tied at 8.2 lbs. I'll be the biggest kitty in no time!!


I meowed for the first time

August 29th 2007 7:29 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Normally I sqeuak or open my mouth and meow very softly so you can't hear it or can barely hear it. Tonight I was playing in the bathtub (no there was no water) and I let out my first real meow. Mommy was stunned. She just kept asking Velvet if she heard it too. I don't know what the big deal is. I just usually prefer to be more quiet and subtle with my conversation.

Mommy also told me that she wants her kitten back. She said I've turned into a cat and it happened way too fast. I'm too long, too heavy, too grown up. I told her it's much better than the alternative (rainbow bridge) and she sighed and agreed with me. I'm glad to be a big girl. Now I can pick on Marina and have a better advantage. And now I can jump on mommy's shoulder better. But I still like to play like a kitten.


I can lay down

August 7th 2007 8:02 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Today is mommy's anniversary at work. She has been there for seven years. That's a long time. I decided to give her a great present. I let her think she taught me how to lay down. Actually, we kitties know I trained her to give me a treat by laying down when I want one.

On another note. I'm still trying to find a food that my tummy can handle. We got some by Naturals today. I really like it. Hopefully it settles well on my belly. If not, we have some Artemis waiting in the wings. And I have only peed on the couch once in 45 days!! Mommy said she's very proud of me. Hopefully, now that I'm a big girl, I can remember to pee in the box all the time from now on.


What is junky eye?

July 17th 2007 7:04 am
[ View A Comments ]

Tosca: Last night I was sleeping on mommy's lap. She was petting me and watching TV. After about an hour, I looked up at her. She freaked out. She forced me into the cage and put me in the car. We got to the E-V-e-t and they took me right in. Mommy told them my eye was cloudy and it had come on quite suddenly. She was also concerned about my recent vomiting and diarrhea so they checked that out also. They took me to the back, shaved my neck, stabbed me, took blood, put me under a bright light to look at my insides, and shined a really bright light in my eye. The vet told mommy I have junky eye.

Tosca's Mommy here: No, honey, it's conjunctivitis.

Tosca: Oh, con-junk- con-junk- junky eye.

Mommy: *sigh* yes, baby, it's junky eye.

Tosca: Anyway, they told me that my insides and my blood look really good. Mommy has to smear stuff in my eye twice a day for seven days and I still have to go back to my regular vet to talk about the diarrhea and vomiting because they think my stomach doesn't like my food.

On the up side, I've gained more weight. I'm 6.5 pounds now. That's 7 ounces in 12 days! I'm going to be a big girl when I grow up. Maybe even bigger than my sisters.


What a Week!!

July 7th 2007 4:14 am
[ View A Comments ]

Wednesday July 4: Mommy was home today day so we got to go outside quite a bit, that is until she wanted to watch a movie. About halfway through her movie she noticed my paw swelling. I wasn't going to tell her about it because I knew it would mean bad news for me. And it did. It was swelled up like a catcher's mitt and I couldn't walk on it, so it was really hard to hide.

Mommy gave me some Benedryl but then decided it was best to just take me to the vet since the same thing happened to Velvet a few weeks ago (but hers was all four paws). Since it was a holiday, mommy had to take me to the Emergency Clinic. I hate going to the vet but I think I like that place better than my regular vet. The car ride is about half as long and there's almost no animals there. The vet took blood and gave me two shots and some antibiotics to take home. She didn't know what caused my swelling but suspected it was from a spider or other insect. Mommy said ok but what happened to Velvet? We still don't know but at least we know how to treat it.

I was very glad to get back home but then the noises started: eeeeeeeeeee, boom, pop, sizzle, boom, pop, pop, pop. It scared me so I hid under the dresser for about an hour. I thought the noises were never going to stop. Mommy said they lasted for five hours. Once I realized they wouldn't get me, I climbed in bed with mommy, but I was still cautious. Neither one of us slept very well because of the boom, pop and my paw. By morning, my paw was almost normal again and the boom, pop had stopped.

July 6: Today I'm six months old! I'm also six pounds and half an ounce according to the vet two days ago. I'm getting to be a big girl. I bet I catch up to Marina in no time.

Mommy had to pull two of my teeth today. They were loose and bothering me. I didn't want her to touch my mouth but I couldn't get her to stop. I was glad when they were gone. It's tough being a baby.

July 7 (Part 1): What a great surprise to wake up and find I'm a Diary Pick of the Day! How exciting! Mommy said that means someone likes my stories. I will have to keep writing so whoever liked my stories can hear more.

Today I get to be a flower girl in Marina's wedding. I'm excited. I can't wait for everyone to see me walk down the aisle. I hope I do a good job for Marina. She and Truman are so happy.

Time to go prepare for the wedding!!


What is this?

July 1st 2007 8:25 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mommy just put some funny looking things on my toes. They are red and green and kind of rubbery. She called them soft paws nail caps. They bother me a little but not too bad. She said I did really well letting her put all but one on. By the last one I was just too awake and I didn't know what she was doing. I tried to take one off but it won't come off. Oh well. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.


I lost some teeth

June 14th 2007 9:51 am
[ View A Comments ]

Oh my mouth has been hurting something terrible. I lost a tooth last night and was sucking on one of mommy's t-shirts to make me feel better. She saw all the blood when she got up this morning and wondered where it all came from. One of my other teeth was really hurting too. I was licking my lips and pawing at my mouth. Mommy decided I had to go to the vet to get it taken out. Oh it hurt but it feels much better now. I'm still bleeding a little bit but now I don't hurt so much. I have two other loose teeth (the fangs) that should come out by the weekend.

I was having trouble with my poop but it is normal now. Yea! And I'm still peeing on the couch but mommy is trying to break me of that. We will see who wins. I'm 22 and a half weeks and I weigh 5 pounds and 14 ounces. The vet said I've almost doubled in size since she first saw me. I really am becoming a big girl!

  Sort By Oldest First

Tosca Biscotti


Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)