Age: 10 Years Sex: Female Weight: 5 lbs.
|Home:Ithaca, NY ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a treat for Frost
Stinkerton, Frosty, Baby girl, Chicken
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
|-mixed breed||-disabled ||-cat rescue|
July 1st 2004
Chasing the laser pointer
the plastic tab from a jug of juice, furry mice, feathers on the "fishing pole" toy, little pieces of cat food
Favorite Nap Spot:
Next to me in bed or on the couch
She has to eat canned food, but she isn't too picky
Imitating "Bill the Cat" from Bloom County
I found out about Frost on our local Freecycle list. She was scheduled to be euthanized unless a new owner stepped up. Frost's lower jaw broke when she was very young (possibly prenatally) and was never treated. Basically, her jaw is frozen and the lower jaw is undersized, and her tongue always hangs out. She needs frequent baths and can only eat canned food. I knew I could provide the care she needed, and took her in.
Despite her disability, Frost is an athletic and active cat. She was underweight, dirty, and flea infested when I got her, and all she wanted to do was sleep on my lap. Now she has filled out and grown a bit, and has boundless energy. Additionally, she is super playful and has gotten my older cats to be more active and playful, too. When she does finally slow down, she likes to curl up in a tight little ball next to me or on top of me. She is a sweetheart!
9 of 9
The Groups I'm In:
**Environmentally Friendly Cats & Dogs (EFCD)**, ♥ Democats ♥, As the World Purrs, Cats who love keyboards (computer, Frends of Skeezix (FOS), Love 'em? Fix 'em., Moonbeams, NeuterNeuterLand, Pure White Kitty Club, Special Needs Cats, The Pound Puppy Project
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Urgent need to find a home for two disable cats in North
I've Been On Catster Since:
|November 21st 2005
||More than 9 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
May 23rd 2007 7:56 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
....by two kitties, Kailey and Frosty!
Seven random facts about me:
1. I was so skinny and hungry when my mom got me, all I did was sleep. She didn't know how energetic and playful I really am!
2. Everyone feels sorry for me, but I'm really a happy kitty who likes to chase birds and run around in the grass.
3. I'm the smallest one, but I shove the other kitties out of the way of the food bowls.
4. I sleep curled up next to my mom every night and purr purr purr!
5. I've played with dogs! There was a dog in my first home and then I played chase around the living room with my mom's brother's little dog. So much fun!
6. I have one big blue eye and one big green eye. They are very pretty, but people always focus on my tongue and don't notice them!
7. I live out in the country in a cottage with my two cat siblings and a pet mouse. In the big house on the property, there are five more cats, plus two (semi-) feral barn cats and two horses!
I'm tagging some quite kitties from the PWKC so we can learn more about them!
See all diary entries for Frost|