Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Catster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting area of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our September/October 2016 issue. Click here to subscribe to Catster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
It’s time for Halloween candy — but not for your cat. Instead, give her some yummy treats made just for her.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened plain applesauce 9 1⁄4 cup flour for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, blend carrots, applesauce, and pumpkin until smooth.
- Mix rice flour and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently until dough forms.
- On a floured breadboard, place dough and roll out to about 1⁄4-inch in thickness. (If you have trouble rolling, you can also just pat down the dough with your hands.)
- Use cookie cutters to cut out little cookies.
- Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for seven minutes.
- Flip treats over and bake for five more minutes. Remove from oven and cool thoroughly.
Recipe courtesy of the ASPCA.