Sex: Male Weight: 8 lbs.
|Home:Austin, TX ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a treat for Morris--In Loving Memory
Catster stats for Morris--In Loving Memory
14 times 482
Special Gift Box:
Boo-Boo, Mo-mo, Moman, BoBa, Morris Doyle, Big guy, Morris the Wondercat
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
|-mixed breed||-part feral||-cat rescue|
July 4th 1997
Mommy, cuddling, ice cream, beef stew,Fancy feast grilled food
Baths, being put down, going to the vet
Favorite Nap Spot:
Mommy, cat hammock, cupboard above the oven
Beef stew and ice cream
Opening doors, jumping to high places, saying "Mama" when he wanted me
I was visting a friend in South Dakota. We were in her father's shop on the computer. All of a sudden this gorgeous little orange kitty came in the room, jumped on my lap, played with the strings on my sweatshirt and layed down and started purring. We were soulmates from that day forward. They gave him to me for my birthday and our life together began.
Morris seemed to be born under an unlucky star. I wasn't able to keep him indoors only when I first got him. So he used to run away every year on his birthday for a few days. The first year he walked across a freshly tarred driveway. The second year he got in a fight and got a puncture wound on his leg. The third year he got hit by a car. The vet was amazed that he made it back to me. His hip was broken in three places. He told me that it was only because Morris loved me so much and because he knew that I would take care of him that he came back to me. It was rough getting him back into shape, but we did it. When I got married he and my husband fell in love with each other. We were then able to keep him indoors only. Unfortunately Morris came down with an incredibly rare skin disease. I can't remember the name of it. Usually it only affects dogs. It is very rare that it affects cats. The dermatologist that we took him to helped us take care of him for 3 years. She warned us that the path for him was not good. That we should enjoy him while we had him. But Morris was going to eventually get Lymphoma and leave us. On October 28th, 2005, I lost the most wonderful friend I had ever known. To be loved so unconditionally is such a wonderful thing. I pray that everyone will be able to experience this type of love at least once in their lifetime. I know that he is waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge and that we will be together again.
Love never ends...
The Groups I'm In:
♥A TEAM♥, Brilliant Orange Cats Unite, Multiple Cat households!!!, Orange kitties ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Over The Rainbow in Heaven, Rainbow Bridge Kitties
The Last Forum I Posted In:
I brought home McDonald's one night. Morris was sniffing around trying to smell everything. He wanted to sniff my soda, so I opened the lid for him to smell. All of a sudden he jumped away. I thought he had grabbed an ice cube. He came back over. Then I saw him take a lick! He went MEOWER! and jumped up on the coffee table.
When God Made Cats--
When God made the world, He chose to put animals in it, and decided to give each whatever it wanted. All the animals formed a long line before His throne, and the cat quietely went to the end of the line. To the elephant and the bear he gave strength, to the rabbit and the deer, swiftness; to the owl, the ability to see at night, to the birds and the butterflies, great beauty; to the fox, cunning; to the monkey, intelligence; to the dog, loyalty; to the lion, courage; to the otter, playfulness. And all these were the things the animals begged of God. At last he came to the end of the line, and there sat the little cat, waiting patiently. "What will YOU have?" God asked the cat.
The cat shrugged modestly. "Oh, whatever scraps you have left over. I don't mind."
"But I'm God. I have everything left over."
"Then I'll have a little of everything, please."
And God gave a great shout of laughter at the cleverness of this small animal, and gave the cat everything she asked for, adding grace and elegance and, only for her, a gentle purr that would always attract humans and assure her a warm and comfortable home.
But he took away her false modesty.
I've Been On Catster Since:
|Orange kitty's Rock!:|
|February 14th 2007
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
March 27th 2008 2:44 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
You know, they always say that as long as you're loved, you're never gone. That must be true, because Mama and Daddy see my influence everywhere.
Here's where you can see me...
1) When I went to the Rainbow Bridge, Mama wanted to get a stuffed animal that looked like me. She wanted to have that stuffed animal wear my collar. She couldn't find a kitty that was all orange that she liked. She ended up picking an orange and white kitty to wear my collar. Little did she know that I had sent that stuffed animal as a sign to her. I was telling her that the next kitty that she adopted would be an orange and white beauty named Amber.
2) Zipper took over my ice cream eating responsibilities.
3) Pixie has been with Mama and Daddy for awhile now. She has become the best little bedtime buddy ever. She likes to sleep as close to Mama as she can.
4) Mama and Daddy rescued another kitty this weekend. Their neighbor kicked the little guy out of his house, because he is more of a "Dog Person". (hiss) They couldn't leave him on the street. It is so dangerous. The cars drive fast where they live. So they took him in this last Friday. They changed his name from Taboo to Chance. They figured that it was appropriate since they're giving him a second chance. Mama was talking to Daddy on the phone today. He's taking a vacation week so he's home with the kitties. Mama heard Chance meowing at Daddy today. He sounds like he's trying to form words... Just like I used to.
Just like they say... Love never dies...
February 8th 2008 5:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I got tagged by Boingo. Thanks Boingo!
Here are the rules of the game! Each
player starts with seven random facts
about themselves. Cats who are tagged,
need to post in their Diary the rules &
their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7
cats to tag and list their names. Don’t
forget to purr them a pmail that they
have been tagged and to read your
Diary or send them a fun Rosette
announcing they've been Tagged!
1) My middle name is Doyle. Mama gave me that name after my auntie got so upset that her favorite character in the show "Angel" died. His name was Doyle. My auntie loved it!
2) My secret food passion was strawberry ice cream. Especially Blue Bell ice cream!
3) I could climb up and down trees!
4) I only lived for 7 years, but I had a great life! The last 6 with my Mama were more than any kitty could dream of!
5) One of my nicknames was "Godzilla". Mama and my auntie used to love to play the game of "Life". Well... Zipper and I loved it too! They'd be playing a game when all of a sudden "Godzilla" and "King Kong" (Zipper) would attack the board! My favorite thing to do was pick up a car and shake it until all the little people fell out to their deaths! I think they were ok though. After all they were just plastic!
6) Daddy always said that Mama and I were soul mates. He was jealous sometimes, but he knew I loved him too. It's just that Mama and I helped each other through some really rough times together. I always pray that every cat, dog or other pet and every human can find their soul mate. You'll never have another love like it.
7) 7 is a hard number for Mama. I only lived for 7 years. But as much as she misses me, she would never trade my memory for not feeling the pain. Just like all the other mama's and daddy's on Catster, she knows that one day we'll be together again.
January 19th 2008 9:56 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I can't believe that its already been over two years since you went to the bridge. Why is it that after all this time that I yearn for you to walk through the door? To turn around because I just heard the special meow that you saved just for me? There are so many people in this world that think you're crazy if you miss an animal as much as I miss you. They mock you and think that you're crazy or stupid. The truth is that people like that have never and will never experience the pure love that comes from someone so devoted to you that you are their life. I feel sorry for them that they will never experience that.
I know how lucky and blessed I was to have you in my life, even for the short time that we had together. Below are just a few of the reminders that will help me to never forget your love.
1) I remember the first time I saw you. I was with my friend in her dad's shop. You lived in there and it was your job to kill rodents. You took one look at me, jumped up on my lap, played with the strings of my sweatshirt and then laid down and started to purr. Did you know that I fell in love with you right then?
2) Your meow. I loved it so much. You had one special meow that you always used whenever I came home. I always wondered how you had learned to meow "Mama". What I would give to hear it just one more time.
3) You were always there when I needed you. If I had a bad day or was sick, you were always there. You'd lay beside me and be my nurse. It didn't matter how sick or unhappy I was, you always made me feel better.
4) That day... that horrible day when you made it back to me after you were hit by the car. Please understand that I didn't want you to be an indoor/outdoor kitty. But where I lived at the time, it wasn't my choice. To see you so injured broke my heart a million times over. I thought I was going to lose you... The vet called me into his office later. He told me that he was amazed that you had made it back to me. He said that most cats as hurt as you were would just crawl into a bush and die. He told me that your love for me was the only thing that got you back to me. That you trusted me so much that you knew I would be able to help you. It took you awhile to heal. And you were never completely the same after that. But you never lost who you were. You were still the same loving Morris that you had always been, just missing a life or two.
There are so many other memories. I'll write more of them down as I can. Please never forget how much I love you. I can't wait to see you again.
P.S. Arwen just came to sit on my lap. She told me to tell you that she misses you and loves you, and that she's doing the best she can to love Mama and Daddy as much as you did.
See all diary entries for Morris--In Loving Memory|