March 24th 2013 7:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]
Below is a copy of a poem I wrote based on Timmy Tomcat's Diary and photos - Catster won't copy the photos over, so you have to go to his real diary to see them. The photo captions are here. His diary is first, then the poem, Hope you enjoy it!
Diary of Timmy Tomcat about his Legendary Caturday
March 24th 2013 12:13 pm
Golly-Gee-Whiskers cats we had a grand Caturday.
So let me fill you in.
We love Caturday as Pops can be with us a whole lot. We have morning treats, play time, then, of course, time fur a bit of snooze. A cat needs his energy you know. I had really gone down hard. Deep into the snooze was I. Just as my dream went to the part where I am King of he World... Huh... What?
What was that noise? I look around and... Where is every cat? I look at Pops and he is looking back into the kitchen. Hey! What gives Cats? So I get up to see what is up.
There are the Three Little Kittens sitting like statues.
Looks like Some Cat needs to Take Charge. Timmy Top Tomcat of Course!
HEY YOU! WHO IS THAT OUT THERE! Come out and fight like a TomCat!
YEAH YOU! YOU HEAR ME! This is BUTTONS!
Buddy, where did Buttons go?
Buddy: He'z thinkin dey comin so he got goin!
HEY YOU GIT! YES YOU! GIT-OUTTA-HERE!
Well I think who ever it was is gone now.
Calling All Cats, Calling All Cats, All Clear, All Clear!
Goodness. All that for just a visiting cat. Can I get back to sleep now.
So there you have it. Quite a Caturday. I wonder what would have happened if we had a Hippopotamus visit? I wonder...
Purred by: Tink the Cat (Catster Member)
March 24th 2013 at 2:18 pm
The Legend of Timmy Tomcat's Caturday
Timmy Top Tomcat took himself a nap,
Then there was a noise and he said, "What's that?"
He took a look around and he saw he was alone,
He thought, "Weren't there more kitties here? Wait! Hold the phone!"
There are three little kittens like statues on the dresser,
Now four little kittens like statues on the dresser,
Staring at the window, but there's an air condishner -
Something's on the other side, but none of them could see,
He thought, "Either it's a monster or a kitty bully!"
"Who can move the dishner?" he yelled, feeling the pressure,
But the four little kittens just stared from the dresser.
Buttons cried, "Git outta here!", but then he disappeared,
and the other three said, "Just wait a minute here!
None of us can move the dishner - it's a heavy thing!
But we know YOU can push it out without making a ding!"
So Timmy climbed up as close as he could get,
And he yelled, "Hey, you, now git, Git, GIT!"
He didn't push the dishner in case it was a monster,
Cuz then they'd all be kitty soup for a kitten connoisseur.
Timmy climbed high enough to peer through the window,
He thought, "Well I think the monster got scared and is gone now."
They all sat quietly on the dresser in fear,
then Timmy got up and he cried, "All CLEAR!"
He went back to his nest, and he thought as he sat,
"That noise was a meow - IT WAS JUST ANOTHER CAT!
It's a very good thing I was taking a nap,
So I could think quickly and know how to act!"
So he snuggled in once again and got all cozy,
Then pretty soon he's out again and all sleepy-dozy,
Dreaming, "What a good Caturday, with Pops at home,
We've done some of everything, and I'm NEVER ALONE!"
March 18th 2013 7:50 am
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]
I cannot believe it!! I have been Cat of the Week for a week now!!! I have gotten so many nice prezzies and messages that mean the world to me!! Mommy is making a list so we can thank all of you - you have been so wonderful to me!! Thank you!!! Luv to All, Tink
January 1st 2013 4:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]
In case any newer members want to send lots of free gifts at once and don't know how:
Hit the top right "Community" button and choose "Gift Store".
Choose the free Gift that is 0 Zealies.
Hit "Add/Edit Recipients".
Under "Choose Recipients" it will show your furmily.
Where it says "SHOWING" change from "My Family" to "My friends".
Select each of your friends by tapping their photo to shadow it and make it click into the lower space. Those are efurrybuddy you are sending to. To take it off, click it in the lower area. It will click off the lower area & unshadow the upper area.
I did this one page at a time, but I'm sure you could do all your furriends at one time. We had 8 pages. Do not go back a page or you will have to start at the beginning.
When you are ready, go to the bottom & click "Continue".
It will take you back to the main gift page with the furriends you chose appearing afterward. Then at the bottom of the page select "Keep Shopping".
Like usual, choose sender, write general message, and send gift. It goes pretty fast, considering.
Others may have suggestions about how to make this even easier, but I actually clicked each of my furriends, and it was easy and pretty fast.
So there you go, all who are trying to send one at a time!
Happy FREE GIFT Day, efurrybuddy!!! Luv, Tink
December 13th 2012 8:51 am
[ Leave A Comment | 10 people already have ]
I checked out our Cat of the Day and she has been with Catster since March but she only has 59 furriends!! Her last diary was a month ago.
Let's show her what real Catster love is all about and surprise her with lots of attention! just a prezzie, a message, and/or a furriend request could mean so much. Remember when you were getting used to Catster.
Luv, Tink and the White Tornado
Catster ID: 1237160
September 19th 2012 7:40 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
Hi efurryone!! We have a free gift available in the gift store today! Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!!! On Aug 1, I wrote a diary entry on how to send lots of gifts at the same time - it's the third entry back from here, just one to skip over. It explains in detail how to do this through the Gift Store, so nobuddy has to try doing them one at a time, which is frustrating, trust me.
This way, you don't have to worry about missing anyone. Please check it out and go crazy!! And, argggghhhh, don't forget to talk like a PIRATE!! MOL! Luv, Tink
p.s. Thanks SO much, Catster, we appreciate SO much that you are letting us send REAL gifts, free, instead of mini-ads, the way it used to be!!! You're the best, and we LOVE Catster!!!
August 24th 2012 4:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]
Who are you really?"
The Sweetest Kitty in the World
1) Tell me your funny Christmas story.
I have a giant stocking that says "Dear Santa, I have been a good kitty. Love, Tink". Mom puts this in the top of the window I look out of, and it looks like I'm waiting for Santa, so all the neighbors walk by, laugh, and say hi to me!
2) Where's your favorite hiding place when playing hide and go seek?
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
3) What did you dream of being as a young kit?
I dreamed I'd have a home.
4) What's your favorite hobby? Anything goes.
Sitting on my perch and looking out the window.
5) Whats your one "bad habit" that you love and your Mom hates?
I don't have any because I'm so sweet. Mom says I never do anything wrong!
6) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
The Great Wall of China. It has a trail that I could zoomie all the way through.
7) What is your guilty pleasure? Food, skirts and suits or cars? What?
Answering the door - and it's always for me!
8) What is your favorite make believe monster? And yes girls, unicorns and fairies are included. Post a pic of this mysterious beast.
I have an imaginary enemy that I chase and growl at. I added the pic to my profile, but don't know how to do it here. It's blank.
9) What is the one dreaded thing you have to do at home? Babysitting, taking baths, entertaining guests....what is your dread?
Snow will suddenly attack me and bite my butt. He's a goofball.
10) I’m not so sure if Zach and Zoe are going to have coed ships this year or not, but in any case, which ship would you want to be on: Zach’s, or Zoe’s?
Sorry Zoe, but I'd spend some time with Zach. After all, I'm his FGGF(Future Geriatric Girlfriend)
This was a really fun game, Zoe, thanks for including me! I encourage everyone to play, because we want to get to know you! Snow will play soon.
The news here: Mom pulled a ligament in her lower leg. It's really hurting her. She's such a klutz that we never want to get underfoot, because she will trip on her own! So, she has a broken big toe on the same foot. She broke it last fall and they just found it in June when she went in for a bunion on that toe. Whew. She wore a walking boot for 6 weeks - those things are scary! She got out of the boot but favored the toe, so she stepped down wrong and heard a pop and the PAIN! So the toe has to be screwed together, but that surgery has been delayed now, until the ligament heals.
Lemme tell you, we RUN when we see her coming! She's allowed to walk, but she has to take baby steps, which is hilarious! Don't worry, Snow and I only laugh behind her back!
Hope you are all doing well! Luv, Tink
February 2nd 2012 12:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 13 people already have ]
It is Kringle!! I love it that he's kind of a FraidyCat, like me, I'm a total SweetieCat, but I'm not as smart as most kitties.
Kringle has the coolest gray suit, so he's dressed appropriately no matter where we go! He has quite a few accidents, but maybe I could help him to slow down until the two of us can put together one complete thought.
He is silly and fun, and makes for SO many MOLs!!
Maybe he didn't think he'd get picked this year, so I've kinda made sure that he was picked before anyone else!
We're like Ted & Georgianne on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" - anyone remember them?? I think that was her name.
Anyway, I'm VERY happy to announce that my Valentine is Kringle! Blizzard will prolly be SO surprised! Hee Hee!
Luv to All, Tink
February 1st 2012 12:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]
1) This is ALL obviously some kind of sinister conspiracy. A RODENT Meteorologist? Who voted for him? Most of the time, he doesn't even wait until the sun comes up. Tomorrow he will rise from his den, in the middle of the storm, at the one moment when the clouds part, see his shadow, then BAM! WE, who reside above ground, are SENTENCED to six more weeks of winter!! A CAT would be too busy napping to do this kind of widespread damage. We'd say, "I'm busy, tell 'em I didn't see a THING!"
2) Punxie is only about 2 hours due east of us, but for approximately 1,500 cat years it has been completely overcast where we are, yet he SOMEHOW manages to see his shadow. Even when we send him VERY CLOUDY THOUGHTS.
3) He sends his erroneous message to the BURDS in Florida. They heed the call for six more weeks of winter, so they don't show up for about 42 MORE days! (It exhausted me to figure that one out.) I depend on said BURDS for entertainment, so I am destined to four extra, above-and-beyond, NAPS a day. Until well into MARCH. I'm TIRED of sleeping! (need a nap to get over it - brb...)Sorry, DA TABBIES!
4) WHO are his HANDLERS??? Pomp & Circumstance, Victorian-Era garb, a Town Decree? It's all so LAST CENTURY! He'd do MUCH better with a Facebook Campaign & a few well-placed tweets(LOVE that word!) Still, for the MOST fun possible, elect a CAT. It would be bright, fun and AWESOME on Catster, with presents and MUCH BETTER FOOD. Catster Mommies Rule!
5) He is obviously high-strung. THIS is what you get when you assign an important job to a VARMINT. He cracks under the pressure and runs away at the sight OF HIS OWN SHADOW. What?! "Scaredy-CAT", my everlovin' tailbase! When I see MY shadow, I POUNCE on it! They need to give that gopher a Xanax! Then let him sleep - all the way thru March! Don't ask, don't tell. Do us all a favor!
6) NOT a media darling at all. Just LOOK at that face(if you dare)!! Beady eyes, buck teeth, not exactly soft & cuddly, no graceful moves, no adorable antics - and what is UP with that tail??? Manx & Bobtails have backends that look a THOUSAND times better. These CRITTERS must have dirt diets, or they wouldn't be called ground-hogs. I mean, who would come up with a name like THAT if it wasn't true? And, of course, we all know that you are what you eat.
IN CONCLUSION: Punxsutawney Phil, I am so sorry that you were handpicked to take over for the old Punxsutawney Phil. They couldn't even be bothered to give you a new name like Punxsutawney Paul or Punxsutawney Punk, because they have the local myth that your cocktail-of-choice, Punxsutawney Punch, has kept one "Phil" alive for 110 years, even though your life span is more like 10 years. You're probly even A GIRL, but who but another groundhog(or not) would be able to tell? I'm sure you were just minding your own business, digging your FOUR HUNDRED THOUSANDTH tunnel when they nabbed you. Nothing personal - but this business of seeing your own shadow, especially considering that you're PRACTICALLY BLIND, has GOT TO STOP.
whew! GLAD to get THAT off my chest! back to napping....prrrrp, Tink
January 10th 2012 9:11 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 15 people already have ]
Okay, so I'm going to try putting a link at the bottom. I don't know how links work, because Catster changed it and mom does it with direct code that she has to type out, the old-fashioned way! Well, so that didn't work, we had to delete that version and start again. Mom will type out the address this time so you can copy it into your browser to get there. If it doesn't work, she'll try again giving specific instructions. Geez, Catster!
This link is to Light A Candle for Ivey. Please light a candle for Moma Ivey's family. Many of you have the link already & the Group Name is "Ivey". 1193391 is her ID if you want to visit on Catster. She is the biomom of some of these kitties of the family of Booboo, littleboy, Calie, Tiny Tot, and Tiny Mighty Moe. She was feral-ish, but was brought inside into the family, and though it took a lot of time and patience(and hissing), she finally fit into the family, and became a real mommy's-girl.
I hate to even tell you this next, awful part of the story.
Her mommy came home to find her gone, there, yes, dead. No apparent reason and she had been fine & checked by the dad just an hour before that. Her mommy is devastated and unable to say anything about it now. It was all she could do to let anybuddy know.
I know, it's just a heartbreaking story, one that has happened to some of us and we hope won't happen to anyone else. We are heartbroken FOR her. All my mom did was cry last night after she heard about it; she looked like she had been hit by a truck this morning! These are dear furriends of ours, and we experienced Ivey's journey through them as it happened.
Please include them in your purrayers. Please light a candle to show them support. Please hold your own babies just a little tighter, and give them a kiss for Ivey. Luv to all, Tink
December 24th 2011 8:32 am
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]
Mommy was going to write a diary entry for each of us, but since there are free prezzies, she's going to give them to as many kitties as we can before she has to leave for the day!! Merry Christmas Happy Chanukah Happy New Year!!! Luv to All, Tink
Sort By Oldest First
(What does RSS do?)