Vacuuming can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to kitty litter. Every cat owner knows that their pet can make quite a mess after they do their business, leaving a trail of litter everywhere they put their little paws! Don’t worry, though—there are excellent vacuums out there designed to tackle even the toughest feline debris. While powerful suction is a must, other great features make these vacuums adept at getting rid of scattered litter and pesky odors. To help you in your search, we have reviews of the best vacuum cleaners that will make cleaning easier and leave your home spotless.
Let’s dive into the world of feline-friendly cleaning wonders!
A Glance at Our Winners in 2023
|Best Overall||BISSELL Clean View Swivel Vacuum||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Value||Dirt Devil Endura Reach Upright Vacuum||CHECK PRICE|
|Premium Choice||Black+Decker Powerseries Extreme Stick Vacuum||CHECK PRICE|
|EyeVac Home Touchless Vacuum Cleaner||CHECK PRICE|
|Hoover Evolve Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum||CHECK PRICE|
The 9 Best Vacuums for Cat Litter
1. BISSELL Clean View Swivel Vacuum — Best Overall
|Vacuum Type:||Upright, bagless|
The BISSELL Clean View Upright Vacuum is essential for removing cat litter that accumulates in every corner of your home. Its swivel function makes maneuvering easier than with other less-ergonomic options, which makes cleaning (almost) fun. Even though this vacuum is lightweight, that doesn’t take away from its suction power, which picks up the hair that your adorable fur baby leaves everywhere. Once you’re done cleaning, simply empty the dustbin, and you’re good to go!
There are two downsides, though: There is no crevice tool included, which makes it tricky to vacuum the corners of stairs, and the extension hose could be longer. That said, with its affordable price, the BISSEL Clean View remains the best overall vacuum for cat litter.
2. Dirt Devil Endura Reach Compact Upright Vacuum — Best Value
The Dirt Devil Endura Reach Compact Upright Vacuum is a great budget option. Despite its lightweight design, this model has a filter to promote suction powerful enough to rid your floor of litter and pesky cat hair. An extension pole is included to reach the tough spots, and the dust container is easy to remove and empty.
However, there are three things that you should know: Despite its great suction power, this vacuum isn’t the best option if you need to remove debris from large, thick carpets. It’s also considered a bit short for tall people, and it’s not the quietest model. Nevertheless, its small price tag and valuable features make it the best vacuum for cat litter for the money.
3. Black+Decker Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum — Premium Choice
|Vacuum Type:||Stick, handheld|
If you’re looking for something more on the high end, the Black+Decker Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum should do the trick. This self-standing cordless stick vacuum comes with an angled floor head for use on multiple types of surfaces, V-shaped rubber bristles to pick up all types of debris, and an anti-tangle brush bar. The included crevice tool enables you to use it as a handheld vacuum to reach hard-to-reach spots. There’s also a button to disengage the carpet beater roller, which is a great feature when you need to switch from thick carpets to hardwood floors.
You get nearly an hour of use time when it’s in low-power manual mode. However, at full power, you get around 20 minutes of battery runtime, which is relatively similar to other models in its class. That said, the battery charging time is relatively long—a whole night if you want to get the most out of its capabilities.
4. EyeVac Home Touchless Vacuum Cleaner
The EyeVac Home Touchless Vacuum Cleaner is designed to do the job for you—almost! This fairly quiet model has sensors designed to alert the vacuum to the presence of dirt, prompting the device to clean. All you have to do is sweep the dirt in front of the cleaner, and it will suck it up automatically. However, sometimes you have to turn the broom sideways to push the debris far enough back to be sucked up. Also, it is not designed to clean carpets and other hard-to-reach surfaces like stairs.
It’s highly recommended to keep it near the litter box, as it will automatically detect when your cat has finished doing their business and begins to throw litter everywhere other than inside their box!
5. Hoover Evolve Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover Evolve Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum has a lightweight, space-saving design, making it easy to use and put away afterward. Its powerful filter traps litter, pet hair, and other debris without having to empty it as often as most other models on the market. You’ll have no problem picking up dirt from most surfaces, even large, thick, plush carpets. The battery only takes 3 to 4 hours to charge, giving you about 35 minutes to clean up any mess left behind after your kitty’s visit to their litter box. However, its fairly steep price may put off some people.
6. EyeVac Professional Touchless Vacuum Cleaner
The EyeVac Professional Touchless Vacuum Cleaner is a gem of a robot cleaner that was designed to make your life easier. It works wonders for cleaning up fur and debris and is powerful enough to pick up kitty litter messes. The sensors automatically detect where there is dirt nearby, but you can activate the manual setting if you wish. Filters are included to promote fresh air circulation.
However, it’s bulkier, noisier, and more expensive than the other EyeVac contactless vacuum cleaner model on this list.
7. Hoover PowerDrive Pet Vacuum
|Vacuum Type:||Upright, bagless|
Hoover PowerDrive Pet Vacuum is an upright model that is particularly useful for removing pet hair due to its advanced brush roll. Furthermore, its excellent suction capability enables it to tackle larger debris, like your kitty’s litter. The pivoting head works well in hard-to-clean areas and is convenient to maneuver on floors, though less so on stairs. Also, a downside for some people is that you have to manually turn off the rolling brush head when you lift the vacuum, as it’s not automatic.
8. Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Handheld Vacuum
The Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Handheld Vacuum is powerful enough to clean up all kinds of pet messes. Its lightweight design is primarily intended for cleaning small spaces like car interiors, but you can use it to pick up small litter messes that your cat leaves behind. However, due to its size, the filter requires frequent cleaning. In addition, be aware that the motor of this little vacuum cleaner is loud, which can frighten noise-sensitive pets. There are also no built-in brackets to store the device away once you’re done cleaning. That said, its cheap price should appeal to owners whose cats don’t make big messes and therefore don’t need to spend much time cleaning up after them.
9. Black+Decker Dustbuster AdvancedClean Vacuum
Black + Decker Dustbuster AdvancedClean Vacuum does a decent job of cleaning up cat litter, though it’s better at picking up pet hair. You will also need to empty the cup several times per vacuuming session, especially if you have multiple pets—and therefore, more hair, debris, litter, and dirt to pick up daily. However, the washable filter is easy to clean, and the battery is fast to recharge. The included extra-long crevice tool is a welcome addition for cleaning up hard-to-reach debris.
Things to Consider When Buying a Vacuum for Cat Litter
To make an informed decision about which cat litter vacuum is right for your needs, take the time to answer the following questions:
- Suction Power: How strong is the suction power of the vacuum? Will it effectively pick up cat litter from various surfaces?
- Filter capacity: Does the model that you want have a good filtration system to trap dust, allergens, and odors associated with cat litter?
- Included Accessories: Are there any useful accessories that come with the vacuum cleaner?
- Vacuum Size: Do you need a bulky model? Would a smaller but less powerful handheld vacuum meet your needs?
- Maneuverability: How easy is it to maneuver the vacuum? Is it lightweight and equipped with interesting features like swivel steering for effortless cleaning?
- Noise Level: How much noise are you and your pet willing to put up with?
- Durability and Reliability: How durable is the vacuum? Does it come with a warranty? Will it withstand regular use and effectively handle cat litter over time?
- Price: What price are you willing to pay based on your budget? There are plenty of affordable options that still offer good performance and features, so there’s no need to spend a large amount of money on a high-end model.
Finding the right cat litter vacuum can make a significant difference in maintaining a clean, odor-free home. Considering factors like suction power, filter capacity, maneuverability, noise level, and your budget will make it easier for you to select a model that meets your specific needs. Among these reviews, you’ll likely be pleased with the Bissel Clean View vacuum, which is the best overall pick. If you’re on a tight budget but don’t want to skimp on quality, the Dirt Devil Endura Reach Compact Upright should be your choice. For a more premium option, we highly recommend the Black+Decker Powerseries Extreme Cordless.
Whichever option you choose, you should be able to effortlessly tackle the messes caused by kitty litter and enjoy a cleaner, more welcoming living space for you and your feline companion! Happy vacuuming!
- You Might Also Be Interested In: Best Cat Shampoo for Dandruff
Featured Image Credit: Sharomka, Shutterstock
- 1 A Glance at Our Winners in 2023
- 2 The 9 Best Vacuums for Cat Litter
- 2.1 1. BISSELL Clean View Swivel Vacuum — Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Dirt Devil Endura Reach Compact Upright Vacuum — Best Value
- 2.3 3. Black+Decker Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum — Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. EyeVac Home Touchless Vacuum Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Hoover Evolve Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 2.6 6. EyeVac Professional Touchless Vacuum Cleaner
- 2.7 7. Hoover PowerDrive Pet Vacuum
- 2.8 8. Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Handheld Vacuum
- 2.9 9. Black+Decker Dustbuster AdvancedClean Vacuum
- 3 Things to Consider When Buying a Vacuum for Cat Litter
- 4 Conclusion