Cats make the world a better place. They make your home a happier home and your life a better life. There is a special joy to being owned be a cat, and there’s nothing nicer than surrounding yourself with these fabulous furry friends!
Here are a few reasons why everyone should have a cat (or two or three or 10!) in their lives:
1. They purr. This precious rumbling soothes you when you’re sad, lulls you calm when you’re angry and makes you smile even bigger when you’re happy. The simple little built-in motor cats have can give any mood a tune-up.
2. They don’t judge. Cats don’t care what you’re wearing or if your hair is a mess. They don’t mind if you spend the whole day in your pajamas and they could care less if you’re wearing mascara or not. They just want to love you for who you are.
3. They give you someone to talk to. When no one else is around (and even when other people are around!), cats can be the best conversationalists. Sometimes they just sit and listen; sometimes they speak up and give you their opinions on things. It’s nice to have someone around to always lend you a furry ear.
4. They don’t try to control the remote. Sure, they might sleep on the remote and make it completely useless, but they’ll never demand that you change the channel or complain that you want to watch a chick flick or yet another basketball game.
5. They get better with age. Just like a fine wine, cats get better as the years go on. As you get closer and get to know each other’s routines, you and your cats get as comfortable together as an old married couple. You know their favorite foods, favorite spots and the best times to talk to them. They know when it’s time to get to bed, time to wake up and when it’s OK to curl up next to you and sneak in an extra cuddle.
6. They smell good. Any cat lover will tell you cats have a delicious cat scent. There’s just something about it. Kittens smell even sweeter. Sniff one and I promise you’ll understand.
7. They love you unconditionally. Give a cat your heart and earn his trust, and you have a friend for life. Sure, it helps that you’re the person who feeds them and doles out the treats, but more than that, you’re the person who gives them a safe, healthy place to live. You are their mom, their dad and their best friend and they will thank you every day for it. Sometimes it might be with little presents like bugs or lizards delivered to your bedside, but more often that not, it’s with a tender look, a loving rub or a soft nuzzle with a little nose.
Cats. What other breed of animal draws such worship and such strong emotion that the people who love them so much are often referred to as “crazy?”
Call me crazy if you want, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Our Most-Commented Stories