May 19th 2009 12:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Four years ago today, history was in the making. I was BORN! Look out world, here comes Lily, CUTEST future Q-Tip queen and wife of handsome CURLY! It has been one wild ride, quite literally. I was but a tiny 7 week old kitten when mom spied me in the neighbors garage. Their Momkitty had had a litter of 4 beautiful babies, and mom was captivated not only by my stunning blue eyes, but with my attitude and spunk. I waddled about on my stumpy little kitten legs, holding my stumpy little kitten tail high (almost as if in defiance, which I do so well so often as of today) *beams proudly* Well, mom scooped me right up and took me for my first and only bike ride ½ block down the street to my future forever home, clutching me close to her heart. *blissful sigh…*
We were only a family of 4 kitties at the time; my grand Q-Tip laden appearance made us a family of 5 kitties! Little did mom know what she was getting into when she picked cutest ME! I grew from charm and innocence to downright naughtiness, defiance and breaking of all rules; as it should be, for I am the Queen of Q-Tips!
I’ve taught my humans in those 4 years that it is hopeless trying to get me to “follow the rules” so they have submissively given in to my not listening. HA HA! I now have full run of the kitchen counters and “back talk” whenever mom tries to warn me not to do something. *sticks tongue out at mom* Nyah! Not only am I Lily, it’s my birthday!
I must admit that my life has been nothing but fun and happiness since being here. That comes mainly from being an INSIDE kitty; safe and protected from the dangers of the outside world. I have 6 beautiful brothers and sisters (I’m still a little hissy at Chance; he needs to go through his “training” routine MOL) and I love my dog brother and sister. Life is good, life is very happy, and I love my family very much. Happy birthday to me!
*flings celebratory Q-Tips everywhere and invites everyone to share some birthday cake*
LILY'S FOURTH BIRTHDAY CAKE!
May 1st 2009 6:36 am
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]
*hums the theme song from Spider Man*
I’m giggling wildly and very proud of my latest accomplishment! I literally became Spider Woman, climbing the walls and defying gravity! I deftly climbed to the top of the kitchen cabinets, which I love to do on occasion, especially since I’m not supposed to. Whenever mom comes down to the kitchen I freeze and don’t breathe a word. She usually doesn’t see me, or pretends not to, knowing that it’s hopeless trying to get me to stop doing this. *sticks tongue out at mom* After reaching my kitchen-top plateau, I actually managed to open the cupboard above the microwave. This wonderful cupboard contains ALL of the dry catfood and treats, and I KNEW it! I actually did this from above; quite the tricky feat for your average kitty. So I pawed the door open and proceeded to dump dry catfood kibbles ALL over the kitchen. It was a MESS! Kibbles in the stove, inside the microwave vent, all over the floor, all over the counters, into the drawers.... We had a party that day! My siblings were overjoyed! Except for Oreo… she got locked in the bedroom and was just ***SHRIEKING**** in frustration to be let out! Tsk, tsk…
So mom came home from work that day and walked into the kitchen. I defiantly stared her down from my countertop perch, challenging her to get mad at me. Not only for having done what I did, but for sitting there right on the counter staring her down. Mom just looked at me (I KNEW she was whipped), smiled, and said "good job girlfriend"... *snicker* She was muttering something about continually having kibbles appearing out of nowhere when she thought everything was clean.
She even took pictures! I may be famous someday.
April 24th 2009 8:05 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Spring is here and the spirit of sharing and caring is in the air!
We are working hard at and having fun with helping our friends in need! Please check out the auction to raise funds to help Teal’C and his family!
This auction is a fund raiser to rehome about 15 cats in Tennessee who are victims of the economic crisis and some tragic personal events. We wish the best for these kitties… please check it out. The auction is great fun and there are many great items available!
We’re also helping out the Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary raise funds to enable them to build beautiful kitty shelters for the blind kitties!
Another source for some beautiful items! In addition, you can help by sponsoring a blind kitty! I sponsor sweet CORA … I’ve really fallen in love with her!
If you’re in need of a beautiful handcrafted gift for your kitty or a friend’s kitty, please check out Hazel Lucy’s website. Odie received her first tranquility blanket and we ALL love it!
If there are any kitties in the Minneapolis area, a wonderful local shelter, Caring For Cats, is having a garage sale to benefit the kitties in the shelter. They are accepting donations of household items this weekend. Mom is doing major housecleaning and will be delivering donations this weekend. Plus, it’s an excuse to visit with the kitties! teehee
Please purr for those in need too; we have many friends that are sick or injured. The Power of the Paw works in wondrous ways.
Spring is in the air! Take a moment to get out and enjoy, say hi to friends and help a friend out!
March 13th 2009 11:23 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
WHAT a week! Furrrrst of all, my sisfur Odie has come home with a clean bill of health, after having been diagnosed as being STONE FREE on Thursday!! WooHoo Odie! We are ALL so very relieved!
I am simply floored at the honors bestowed upon the girls in my family, all within this week: Odie, Oreo, and cutest Q-Tip ME!!
My sisfur Oreo was named MEMBER OF THE MONTH in Cobblestone Square just last Monday; concats sweetie!
My sisfur Odie was named QUEEN FOR A MONTH in the Royal Feline Group today; concats sweetie!
And last but certainly NOT least (MOL) CUTEST me won too! I am the MARCH PAGE WINNER in the Royal Feline Group today as well!
The three of us are STUNNED! Thank you everyfur on Catster for thinking of us! We have SO much fun here and are hopelessly addicted to fun and friendship that we just want to spread the joy and happiness!
Isn't it funny how girls are so pawsome? ALL of us girls have won honors; however none of my brofurs have... must be a "boy" thing...
*blows a raspberry at her brothers, inviting chase*
*zoooooommsss off in her Souped Up Pumpkin, flinging Q-Tips to all of her friends* Well... who does NOT like a good Q-Tip?
February 26th 2009 1:45 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
*happy dances and scatters celebratory Q-Tips everywhere!*
ROSIE THE CAT
NELLY BELL MAY
ITTY BITTY KITTY
PRINCE STORMY OF BALTIMORE
have tagged cutest ME for a game! I love to play, so here's my diary entry!
I am SO blessed to have SO many wonderpurrrrrr friends! THANK YOU for picking cutest me, the Queen of Q-Tips!
(Note to those that I tag...Just copy the questions and delete my answers. Then tag four furriends to play along!)
1)-What color is your collar? I don’t wear one. I chewed through 3 collars in one week with the help of my Great Dane sisfur. *covers mouth with paw and giggles*
2)-What kind of food do you eat? Now that Odie has been sick, mom is revamping our entire diet. She’s experimenting with Wellness, Before Grain, Natural Balance, Evo and Innova. So far we’ve liked everything we’ve tried. I also love lettuce; It’s my favorite human food snackie.
3)-What are your favorite treats? Oddly, I don’t eat ANY!! All I want is my IAMS dry kitten food.
4)-Do you have a Valentine or significant other? I sure DO!! I’m married to the very handsome Curly!
5)-Do you get table scraps? Yes… all I have to do is gaze adoringly at mom with my big baby blue eyes… and I get chicken, turkey and tuna bites!
6)-What is your favorite toy? If you know me, then you know it is Q-TIPS!!!
7)-When is your birthday? May 20, 2005. I’m almost four!
8)-How many times a day do you get to eat? Twice. Once in the morning and once in the evening. We each have our own bowls of wet food, and our own bowls of dry food.
9)-Do you have a favorite color? I'd have to say my favorite color is pink. I looked in the pink collar that lasted about 4 hours….
10)-Do you hope all your pals put this in their diary? Oh, I hope so.
My turn to tag!!! I will invite these kitties to play:
1. MR LOLLYCAT
Have fun, everycat!
January 29th 2009 10:10 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
*zooms in, VERY excited!!*
Everykitty, everydoggy! My sweet furiend WORM IS COTD today! I am VERY proud of her, and I wanted to help spread the word because her page looks lonely without many pressies on it. :(
Let's cheer for Worm! Being COTD is such a special honor!
*flings celebratory Q-Tips everywhere and hugs all of her furiends*
January 27th 2009 8:52 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
The thrill of the mystery just gets better and better! This morning I received some pretty lips, ANONYMOUSLY! Today's secret message read:
“S.W.A.K. I'm playing the Friends of the Blind Cats Valentine game! I'm your secret admirer! Here's a big kiss just for you! Be sure to post that you got a gift on the Group Page. Happy Hearts Day to You! Love & Hugs Your Secret Admirer”
*giggles and claps paws happily!!* This is SO much fun! Thank you, my anonymous secret admirer! LOVES, purrrsss and forever Q-Tips to you sweetie!
January 26th 2009 12:42 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
On Thursday 1/22 I received a blue ribbon! That is exciting in itself, but what makes it REALLY exciting is that it was sent to me anonymously, with this note:
"A 'classic' blue rosette to the coolest catsters!"
ME?!! A coolest Catster?! I am tickled! Thank you, mystery gift giver! However I will be going insane trying to figure out who you are! Could you purrrlease give me a hint? If I figure out who you are, I have a lovely, handmade sparkly Q-Tip bouquet for you! It's a signature "Limited Lily Original Edition"!
Happy purrrsss, my mystery friend!
December 14th 2008 2:14 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
My Christmas wish is to help any and all kitties, and mom let me!! I am now the proud sponsor of Cora, a blind kitty from www.blindcatrescue.com, a WONDERFUL sanctuary for blind kitties in North Carolina. The sanctuary is run by a saint by the name of Alana, who out of the generosity of her heart and genuine compassion takes in these vulnerable, WONDERFUL little kitties! Please take a peek at the website and consider sponsorship, or even a small gift! Blind kitties deserve a good home as we all do; it is unfortunate and very sad that they are overlooked because of their handicap.
Please watch the video of the blind kitties playing! OMC! How heartwarming and how BEYOND cute!!!! You cannot even tell they're blind!!
*trots over and plays with her blind friends, noticing how HAPPY they are at the sanctuary!*
My heart swells with happiness! Everykitty deserves a good, loving and warm home, but I am especially touched by the handicapped kitties and the humans that devote their time and love to them.
I love you Cora and am PROUD to be your sponsor! MERRY CHRISTMAS!~
November 19th 2008 11:31 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I am SO excited!! I keep getting tagged and I feel SO special! THANK YOU EVERYKITTY! I was tagged TWICE in two different tag games! 7 Pawsome Facts and the Thanksgiving Game! And since you are kind enough to stop by and read my diary, I will give you not only a two-for-one special on Q-Tips, I'll weave you the Q-Tip dream toy of your choice for FREE! I will weave you ANYTHING you wish: a mouse made of Q-Tips, a ball made of Q-Tips, a feather made of Q-Tips, a necklace made of Q-Tips! YIPPIE!
Here is the first one: I got tagged by EDWINA in the 7 Pawsome Facts Tag! AGAIN!!! Thank you, swee’pea! We love you!I have to list 7 things about myself, then tag my pals and then we all have to write a diary entry about it. You HAVE to play! What BETTER way to get to know your fun friends!!
1. Ummmm… DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT I LOOOOOOOVE Q-TIPS??????!!!!
2. My mother in law sang my dad a very special song yesterday. (that is MY mother in law, CURLY’S mom!!!!) Everybody knows I married CURLY, right? I know, this fact isn’t about ME, CUTEST ME, but this song was very meaningful to me and my family.
3. When I spy a Q-Tip, my eyes dart back and forth SO fast mon thinks it’ll make me dizzy. She holds up a Q-Tip as if it were a magic wand and my eyes literally DANCE!
4. I ALWAYS have the last word; I back talk mom & dad ALL the time! *bows with a Q-Tip flourish*
5. I am the only kitty in the house that is NAKED! Oh. I mean that I’m the only kitty in the house that doesn’t wear a collar. *giggles* bet THAT got your attention! I know… my answers are getting boring because they are not all Q-TIP related!
6. OH!!!! I just remembered… this is a good one. Mom always takes extra measures to “guard” the hooman dinner so that I don’t, er, “get into it”…. Because I have a WAY of “accidentally” getting up on the counters and “happening” to notice hooman food up there….especially when the hoomans aren't looking. So mom had a big bowl of warm, cheesy pasta with CHICKEN in it sitting on the counter, covered with a towel. She went downstairs to clean MY kitty box... I glanced at the bowl and thought to myself, "boy, does this smell GOOD!!!" *rolls eyes at the towel covering the bowl* Did she even THINK that I KNOW that’s the oldest trick in the book?! I KNOW what's under there! So… I, er, I jumped up on the counter and DUMPED the whole bowl of pasta on the floor!!! Hahahahhahaa!!! I even made it land right side up with the towel still over it, but boy was mom mad!!! I DID IT! Mission accomplished! I ran and hid until the mom-storm blew over, only to reappear as cute and innocent as I am SO good at doing!
7. I MUST make this a Q-Tip related answer, please? I leave my Q-Tips ALL over the house, and afterward, mom collects ALL of them (that she can find) and leaves them for me to play with. But… this is part of my secret stash that I use to weave Q-Tip crowns, Q-Tip necklaces and Q-Tip bouquets for my friends!!!!
AND HERE IS THE SECOND ONE! My beautiful Guardian Angel CHINA DOLL tagged me for Thanksgiving Tag. YIIPPIEEE! I have to name 5 things I'm thankful for, then tag 5 more Catsters. I have a lot to be thankful for; much more than just 5 things!
1. I am most grateful for my forever, warm, safe, loving home. I LOVE my family and my siblings; we are very, very lucky kitties, for we have fresh water every day, food on the table every day, toys everywhere, soft beds and kind humans that give us endless love and attention~
2. The second thing I'm grateful for is my health. I see so many sick and disabled kitties, and SADLY I see too many abused and abandoned kitties. I can see, I can hear, I can run and play, and my insides are all healthy. My little Guardian Angel was not as lucky as me on Earth, for she is now a bright and shining star in Heaven. *looks up and smiles at CHINA DOLL*
3. I'm grateful for my handsome husband, CURLY! CURLY, you are beautiful inside and out. I am so blessed to have crossed paths with you and to be your forever wife!
4. I'm grateful for Dr. Dave. Dr. Dave is our vet. He not only saved Tigger’s life, he has treated all of us for different things, and we always leave the v.e.t. feeling better. He is the NICEST man (er… next to daddy! Teehee) in the world and we trust him with our lives!
5. Lastly, I'm grateful for all of my friends on Catster. You have all truly made me the happiest girl ever!
‘Kay, here is another TWO FOR ONE deal! I am going to tag the same 5 kitties for both games, and you can choose which, or BOTH to play in! *happily flings Q-Tips to her friends* Have FUN!
Sort By Oldest First
(What does RSS do?)