Likes: bird watching; cuddling with her brothers; being picked up and "danced" around the room; trying to befriend Simba
Pet-Peeves: she doesn't have many: just the vet and being rejected by other kitties
Favorite Toy: her brother, Dante; mini-mice; jingly balls (but only at 3:00am)
Favorite Nap Spot: anywhere Dante is napping
Favorite Food: IVD (now Royal Canin) feline modified and Science Diet W/D- she doesn't like treats or people food!
Skills: mother hen to all cats - she's a caretaker
Arrival Story: When Dante's best friend, Shakes, passed, he became very lonely. So the humans took a trip to the local animal shelter and found Ms. Gitta. While she spent a few months being an absolute spaz and a bit of a terror, she soon calmed down and wormed her way into Dante's heart. She's the quintessential buddy cat.
Bio: Gitta is terribly unique: she wants more than anything to be friends with all the other cats. She has succeeding in becoming Dante's best buddy and Nero's playmate, but Simba still wants nothing to do with her. Remarkably, 3 years worth of hissing from Simba hasn't deterred Gitta. She still expends quite a bit of energy trying to make friends with Sim or trying to cuddle up next to her for a nap. Only Gitta would work so hard at getting everyone to like her!
She works hard for most humans too: she'll greet visitors to our home, along with Simba, and hop up on almost any lap for petting. This friendliness, however, only extends to those in our home. The vet is an entirely different matter. Although it's the rare cat that likes the vet, Gitta dislikes it more than most. In fact, she causes so much havoc (and injury!) that she now has the distinction of being the only cat at our vet's practice (and it's a good sized practice) that needs to be anaesthetized before she gets a routine exam! It's not the office itself that bothers her: when she goes with her brothers, she's the first out of her carrier and she walks to the other two carriers to coax the boys out. Then she'll try to get them all to sit with her (and the people) on a bench together. When the vet walks in, she'll continue to sit quietly with us, going as far as to let the techs sit next to her. But beware the tech that tries to touch her! Even the gentlest pet from anyone but "her" humans will cause the offending hand to be withdrawn with blood. They've tried nearly everything to avoid giving her sleepy gas, but to no avail. One memorable trip, the vet managed to get a good scruff hold on her and took her to a separate room (the idea was a more calm environment) for the exam. After hearing quite a few bangs and crashes, a bloodied crew informed us that Gitta had managed to hide under every piece of furniture in the room (all of which had to be removed to get to her). We were asked to retrieve her (as we are now at all vet visits). I walked into the room, knelt down, and put my hand out. Gitta sauntered over, sniffed it and rubbed against me, much to the consternation of those who had been trying to do a basic exam. So now it's understood that when she needs a procedure, I will be allowed in surgery to control her. It's quite a 180 from her normally loving - persistently loving! - demeanor at home. She's so good at home that I've had to get certified in Pet First Aid so that I can deal with some of the more minor things (pulse, etc) that the vet would have to sedate her for!
A diary for me? Oh joy! I never thought I'd see the day! Thank you, Wally, for tagging me in Kazumi Joy's meme game! Now I get to have a diary too! ~bonks catputer screen in attempt to hug Wally and all Catster kitties~
Oh right! Simba told me I have to use the keys! ~bonks the keyboard~
Aw shucks. Well, if I can't hug every kitty I can play a game with everyone! Welcome to the meme game!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write on their own diary about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your diary.
My Seven Random Facts
1. Catster treats are yummy and sweet but real live treats aren't for me to eat. I don't like them!
2. I may not eat treats, but even on my diet food I can gain weight. That means there's more of me to love! ~bonks catputer screen again~
3. I like to make certain I'm in the litterbox so I stand right at the edge of it. That's helpful, right Mommy? ~blink blink~
4. Once upon a time, I was a street kitten. They called me feral. ~purrs~ ~nuzzles~ ~blink blink~ Were they right?
5. I wear my sunglasses at night! And during the day too. While I was on the mean streets, some kitty scratched my eye and now I have a spot on it just like a smear on sunglasses.
6. I love my brothers, but I don't play like they do. Why jump here and there and everywhere? I think about my pounces and then I pounce just once before I sit down to think again. This comes in handy while watching birdies: I am the only kitty who doesn't scare them away.
7. Before I even met my sister Simba, the ultimate Mommy trainer, I trained Mommy and Daddy. I used to roll right off the back of the futon so Mommy and Daddy would catch me. They are VERY trainable. Too bad they caught on. That's ok, Mommy and Daddy! ~hugs them very tightly~