American Shorthair
Picture of Tyler, a male American Shorthair

Photo Comments (4)

Home:Liberty Twp(Cincinnati), OH  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 4 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 11 lbs.

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (3)

Photo Comments (1)

   Leave a treat for Tyler

itty bitty boy, Big T

Quick Bio:
-cat rescue

Gotcha Date:
May 25th 2011

May 7th 2011

Orange & White Tabby

chewing on everything

Favorite Toy:
fluffy ball, crinkly ball, any toy he can carry around

Favorite Nap Spot:
in his carrier

being cute!


Arrival Story:
5/25/11 ~ this tells the events today that led to us taking in another kitty. As far as I knew, this wasn't in the plan, but I guess you can't ever plan how things happen. I was on my way to work, driving down Tylersville Rd when I came around the curve and saw something in the road. As I got closer, I realized it was a kitty (that's how I refer to ALL cats, no matter what their age) and thought I really need to stop & move her/him out of the road. I turned around and tried to find a place close to pull over. The next drive I came to was still a little walk to where the kitty was, but I got out of the car, put on my gloves and started walking thru the wet grass & mud until I realized there was a sidewalk. The road was too busy or I would've been walking down the road. As I got closer to the kitty, I waited for traffic, then started walking toward her. I got closer and saw what I thought was fur on the side of the road. I suddenly realized that this "fur" was a baby. I scooped him/her up, laid him in the grass and went back for mama. I picked her up & put her safely off the road, picked up baby & headed back to my car. Never did I think twice about what I was going to do next. I dialed the phone to call Joe to tell him I was headed to the vet with this baby. As I drove to the vet with this tiny baby in my lap, I kept looking at him (that's what I was calling her) and thinking he really looked like Sparky....and in the back of my mind thought, can I really give this baby up? Really? So, I took the baby in, they were all checking "him" out. Right away, Alicia (our fave vet tech) said, oh...this is a girl. She said that her coloring was tortie/calico and she was fairly sure she was a girl. At that time, they estimated her age to be about 4 weeks. After a few tears and lots of thanks, I left that baby in the capable hands of Alicia and the rest of the staff. I talked to the vet office around lunch time and found out that she was doing well. They said she had a concussion, she had a laceration on her tongue and a few abrasions on her, but she was doing really well. They said they think she's probably between 3-4 weeks old. They said that they would be more than happy to put her up for adoption....and I said...well, what if we want to keep her? I know they were surprised, but they also know how we are. After finding this baby this morning and even though I thought that I wanted to find her the purrfect home, I didn't let myself think that that home could be ours. But, we decided little Tyler was going to be ours. She went home with one of the techs tonight as she is still be bottle fed. They will keep her tomorrow and we'll pick her up tomorrow night. We'll be like new parents, up every 3 hours feeding the baby. 5/26/11 ~ today we got news that Tyler did very well overnight. Then also found out that she is a he! Which is just fine by us. But...then later learned that he started having seizures. By 5:30 when we went to see him, he had had 4 seizures. Most likely they are from the trauma of yesterday. He lets out a meow, his little ears start twitching, then his paws & his eyes. So far, he has responded well to valium. One time he came out of it on his own, he didn't even need the valium. We were going to take him home tonight, but because of the seizures and the dr's suggestion, we let Katie (the tech who took him last night) take him home so she could monitor his seizures, if they continued. I could see such a difference in this little guy from the time I dropped him off yesterday until we saw him today. He was so much more alert & chatty (see videos) and though a little unsteady from the valium, he was quite curious and LOVED to be cuddled. Not that that part was different, he was just so much more responsive that the traumatized kitten than I found yesterday. Each day I will try to write updates on our precious little guy.

Lives Remaining:
9 of 9

Forums Motto:
I'm a little monkey!

my slideshow:

I've Been On Catster Since:
May 31st 2011 More than 4 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
us angel
Sparky ~
forever in our
Chip ~
Furrever Loved
RudySweetie ~ our
little angel
Romeo Mister

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Tales of a miracle kitty!

I is getting BIG!

July 3rd 2011 1:32 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

Now, it's time for me to writes my own diaries! Plus, momma has nots been keeping up with my stuff. hmmph!

Did you knows that I has my own Facebooks page? I dos! and there is lots and lots of pictures & videos of mes and my brofurs and sisfur.

I is 2 lbs now and been in my forevers home for over a months.

AND ~ oh, this is the biggest news, I is negative for all those yucky diseases that kitties can gets and now I gets to play with my brofurs and sisfur insteads of just playing unders the door.

I am one happy kitty! I am so happys that my momma founds me and togefer wis daddy, they takes good care of me and gives me a good home!



June 4th 2011 6:08 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Well, Tyler sure is changing daily.
He has found his little voice and talks whenever he can.
We dropped him off at the vet each day this week so that he could be cared for while we were at work. They started him off by putting him in the litter box after he ate to get him used to using it. Well, it certainly must've worked because this morning after we got him to pee, we put him in the box and he walked over, pawed a little hole and pooped right in the box. We've never seen him go on his own at all. This was such a great moment in this tiny boy's life.

He is becoming more & more active each day. It's so good to see him improving each day and becoming a playful little 4 week old kitty.

He is now up to 13.9 oz and growing.


My first weekend in my furever home

May 31st 2011 1:19 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Since I am so little, momma gets to speak for me.

We picked up Tyler from the vet on Friday. He had the seizures on Thursday, but didn't have any more the following 24 hours, so we decided to take him with us on our trip over the weekend. They had offered to keep him over the weekend, but we decided we could feed him & take care of him. We had all the information and the supplies to help him in case of any more seizures. Luckily, we haven't had any more seizures.

He was a great little traveler on Saturday. I kept him on my lap most of the trip and he mostly slept. Over the weekend, he became more alert and active. He was taking the bottle so well. With the laceration on his tongue, he doesn't often get to suckle it, he takes it more out of the sides of his mouth. But as the weekend went on, he suckled it more & more. He even ate a teeny bit of wet food mixed with KMR. Our only concern was that he wasn't pooping for us. We finally got him to poop (with the help of our vet tech Alicia). On the way home on Monday, he was definitely a different traveler than two days before. He wanted to walk all around my lap and further. He was still a good little traveler, but so much more active....which is a wonderful thing!

When we got home on Monday, everyone had their weekly weigh-in, including Tyler. He weighed 12.6 oz, up from 12 oz at the vet.
Our scale is usually right on target with theirs.

Tuesday morning (5/31), Romeo had his yearly vet appointment so we took Tyler with us. Everyone just loved all over him and were all amazed how much more alert he was and couldn't believe the change in him in the past week. They weighed him (he weighed 13 oz) and trimmed his sharp little nails. Of course, they loved all over Romeo too, since we adopted him from there. They love that they're able to see him grow (and he has).

Well, I better go check on the little guy, he's probably hungry again.

See all diary entries for Tyler