Editor’s note: This story originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Catster print magazine. Click here to subscribe to Catster magazine.
There’s nothing like a popsicle on a hot summer day. Let your cat join you in this summertime tradition with popsicles made just for her. To add a degree of fun — and authenticity — we used a tray that makes fish-shaped ice cubes.
- 1 6-ounce can of water-based tuna
- 1 tsp. organic catnip, crushed finely
- Drain the liquid from the tuna into a pouring cup.
- Lightly sprinkle catnip into each of the cube holders in the tray.
- Carefully store in your freezer.
- Wait a few hours until the cubes are frozen solidly. Then, plop one tuna popsicle
into your cat’s clean bowl and watch her enjoy this homemade fishy feast.
￼Source: Fit Cat: Tips and Tricks to Give Your Pet a Longer, Healthier, Happier Life, by Arden Moore. Copyright 2015 by Firefly Books. Used with permission.