Many cats feel the need to knead their favorite bed or blanket (or your leg or chest) before nap time. Also known as “making biscuits,” this adorable, occasionally painful (and painfully adorable) act is not without benefits: Sometimes, a circumstantial fluke (perhaps you’re wearing a thick sweater or lying under a quilt) allows your cat’s happy-time ritual to feel like a gentle massage. Here are five cats-turned-massage therapists who just want everyone to chill out so they can sleep.
1. Cats massaging dogs
Using the magic power of their padded paws, these cats are trying to tell these dogs to stop with the endless people-pleasing and just take a 10-hour nap already.
2. Kitten massaging kitten
Just like human children, kittens have drastically different personalities. The little black-and-white guy tries to resist this relaxing rubdown, but the brown tabby is all, “Shh, just let it happen.”
3. Cat massaging Pug
This dynamic kitten-pug duo share a special bond. Apparently the cat massages the dog on the regular, causing the Pug to fall into such deep slumber that he snores like a creaky door.
4. Cat massaging boy
When this cat climbs on this boy’s shoulders and really starts to dig in with a deep-tissue rub, the kid sums up what we’re all thinking: “This cat is awesome. We should be giving him treats for this.”
5. Woman massaging cat
If you want to thank your kitty for the massage by returning the favor, the woman in this video has a few ideas. If your’e doing it right, she says the massage will bring out your cat’s “best mega-meow moments.” Drooling is another sign of approval — and don’t forget to sing your cat a song about how awesome he is!
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here’s a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I’m Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box — Here’s Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she’s an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.