Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Catster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting area of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our November/December 2016 issue. Click here to subscribe to Catster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Do you need a tote that suits your black-cat style? Whether it’s a gift bags or even something to collect candy during trick-or-treating in the fall, this is one cat you’ll never want to let out of the bag.
What you’ll need
- 1 black gift bag — if you can’t find black, any gift bag will do (with a coat or two of black paint). A great way to upcycle!
- Black and yellow construction paper
- Black pipe cleaners
- Glow-in-the-dark paint (optional)*
1. Using the black construction paper, cut:
- 2 triangle shapes for the ears
- 2 small circles for the inside of the eyes 1 small triangle for the nose
- 1 creative tail shape of your choosing
2. Use the yellow construction paper to cut 2 pointed ovals for the eyes.
3. Glue the eyes and ears to the front of the bag and the tail onto the back.
4. Glue the pipe cleaners onto the bag and glue the nose on top of them.
5. Fill with whatever you want!
*If you opted for glow-in-the-dark paint, paint the yellow part of the eyes and your pipe cleaners before gluing them onto the bag. This will add a spooky glow.
Samantha Meyers is a writer, baker, crafter, and Instagrammer. Check out her blog at Sugared and Iced, and see her dogs’ Instagram adventures at @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.