I love watching my cats being mighty hunters — and looking really silly as they bat a toy around the house. I found these fun cork cat toys online and thought I’d give them a try. They’re really easy to make and the cats love them.
- Steam the wine corks for a few minutes to soften them up.
- Use scissors to make a hole about 1 inch deep into the corks. You might need to do a little twisting to make the hole big enough.
- Twist the trimmings around each other to make a point, then roll the twisted ends in enough epoxy to make the point fine.
- Apply a little more epoxy into the hole in the cork, then place the pointed ends of the trimmings into the hole.
- Let the toys dry completely before giving them to your cats to play with.
What you’ll need:
- Wine corks (if you’re not a wine drinker, you can find these at your local craft store)
- E6000 epoxy glue
- Trimmings — feathers, pipe cleaners, jute, raffia, etc.