I keep an Elizabethan collar around the house, and have found about a hundred uses for it. I use it when we put SoftPaws on Skeezix so he won’t chew the nails off (It takes about ten minutes for the glue to dry). We’ve used it when one of the cats is scratching and chewing himself to shreds. It’s handy when your cat has a facial abscess.
Comfy Cone is a great way to keep pets from scratching and biting at skin due to wounds, allergies or post-op stitches. A flexible alternative to stiff, lampshade-style recovery collars. Comfy Cone yields, so your pet can eat and sleep in normal positions while wearing. And, when your pet bumps into walls, there’s minimal force on the throat, unlike stiffer styles. Because it’s flexible, your cat can do many of her normal activities without your having to remove the collar.
Velcro fasteners let you adjust the collar for a secure fit. Your pet’s own collar threads through the cone to keep it in place. Made of water-resistant nylon fabric, laminated to 1/2″ foam, to produce a collar that is soft and yielding, yet protective. Wipes clean easily with cold water and mild soap but can be machine washed, too. Folds and stores flat. Retail price, depending on the size, is less than $15.
Here are Cozy Cone’s Features:
- Sturdy and protective
- Soft and yielding
- Veterinary tested and approved
- Secures to pets collar
- Easily folded back for eating, drinking or checking head or ears.
- Conforms to any shape
- Uses velcro adjustable tabs and closures
- Water resistant
- Easy to wipe clean and dry
- Reflective for night-time walks
- More eco-friendly than plastic e-collars
- Can use waterproof markers to personalize it
- Suitable for cats and dogs
- Available in various sizes