Doesn’t your cat deserve a little something this Valentine’s Day to show how much you love her? I’ve rounded up some of my favorite stylish Valentine gifts for cats as well as some fun things for all the cat lovers in your life. There are cat toys, scratchers, and collars for kitty, as well as jewelry and other cute kitty-themed gifts for you or a friend. And don’t forget the Valentine’s Day cards!
Valentine cat toys are a great way to give kitty a little treat that’s safe for her to play with, since chocolates are definitely off-limits to cats. Check out these adorable toys to make kitty’s day special:
- Handmade Crocheted Catnip Hearts from Cherry Willow; $8.50 for a set of three
- Valentine’s Day Catnip Toy from The Dots; $9
- Yeowww! Hearrrt Attack Catnip Toy; $12.84
- Felted Wool Balls with Hearts from De Kleine Kunstenaar; $10 for a set of three
- Catnip Heart Cookies for Cats from Legendary Pet Toys; $5.50 for a set of two
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Organic Catnip from Miso Handmade; $15 for a set of three
- Valentine Cat Toy Assortment from Hauspanther; $10 for the whole assortment — 50 percent off regular price
How about a new scratcher for kitty this Valentine’s Day? The Yoga Cat Mat from Feline Yogi is the perfect treat for cats who like to take over your yoga mat. This mini yoga mat comes in bright red with a catnip-filled twine toy attached for extra fun. Cats like to scratch the soft material, plus it makes a great lounger, too. $30.
And for cats who like to scratch cardboard, this special Valentine scratch board will really make kitty purr! The wavy shape will entice kitty to scratch and lounge and the cute Valentine graphics will make for a terrific photo op. $42.
Perk up your cat’s wardrobe for Valentine’s Day with a cute new cat collar. These adorable Valentine designs are, left to right, Sweet Pickles’ Designs ($12), Mrs. Simpson’s Collars ($9.65), and Swanky Kitty Designs ($10).
For a very special treat, here are a couple of stylish hideaway beds in soft Valentine pink. The Perseverance Cat Tree from PetPals ($89.99) and the Serenity Cat Hideaway ($74.99) are both made from pink and white woven paper rope. They have soft cusions inside for taking a cozy nap. Both would make a lovely addition to your home for Valentine’s Day — or any day.
And don’t forget to treat yourself on Valentine’s Day! Here are some little gifts for you or a cat-loving friend:
- Silver Cat Earrings with Heart Shaped Tail available from Triple T Studios; $19.99
- Heart Cat Necklace from Triple T Studios $49.99; get free shipping at Triple T Studios with discount code “Hauspanther”
- Love Cat Mug from Shirt Burger; $14.95
- Sterling Silver Cat & Heart Necklace from Jewellery Fur Keeps; $61.78
- Tuxedo Cat Heart Pendant from Artsy Clay; $6
- Be Mine Cat Tag from Ebony Paws Pets; $11
- Heart Print Cat Face Sleep Mask from Julia Wine; $15
Grab one of these handmade plush cats for a little decorative touch at home or at the office. Left to right: Lola the Valentine’s Day Plush Cat from Sleepy King, $30; Upcycled Wool Sweater Valentine Plush Kitty from Zuparoo, $18; and Miniature Valentine Cat Doll from Dancing in the Rains, $22.
And, of course, you can’t forget the Valentine’s Day cards! Here are some awesome original cards that are perfect for your sweetie!
- “My Heart Belongs To You!” Valentine’s Day Cat Card from J Doore Creations; $3.35
- “Be Mine, Meowentine!” downloadable PDF so you can print your own cards from Miumicat; $3.99
- “To My Puurfect Valentine” Card from Janey Mac; $3.86
- “I Love You” Articulated Paper Cat Valentine Card from Vumap; $20.87
- “Me + You” Folk Art Cats Valentine’s Day Card from 3Crows; $5
- “Love You” (chair rip) Valentine’s Card from The Dancing Cat; $4.95
- “Love Is In the Air” Black Cat Valentine Card from Deborah Julian; $5
- “Too Much Love” Valentine Card from The Dancing Cat; $6
Read more of Kate’s cat style tips:
- Banish the Ugly Beige Carpet
- Stylish Cat Socks to Keep You Feet Toasty This Winter
- 10 Fashion Finds for Stylish Cat Ladies
- Best Cardboard Creations for Cats
About the author: Kate Benjamin is the founder of the popular cat style blog Hauspanther.com. She specializes in helping people live stylishly with cats. You may have seen her on Jackson Galaxy’s show My Cat From Hell. Make sure to check out Kate and Jackson’s new book, Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!).