Photo Comments (4)Age: 5 Years Sex: Male Weight: 15 lbs.
Photo Comments (17)
"Hanging out with the Man in Red"
Photo Comments (4)
"Merry Catmas to all and to all a goodnight"
Photo Comments (3)
Photo Comments (4)
"Nom nom nom"
Photo Comments (1)
"Soaking up some sun"
Photo Comments (17)
Photo Comments (6)
Photo Comments (3)
Photo Comments (4) [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a treat for Luke
Special Gift Box:
Lukey, Luka, Big Boy, Luka Bug, The Bug
October 18th 2008
March 23rd 2008
Black and White
He loves to be the center of attention. He loves it when his humans are home to give him constant love and affection. He pretty much rules our house.
He does not like loud noises - especially the vacuum cleaner. He can be quite demanding and does not like to be ignored.
FlyToy - best toy ever!
Favorite Nap Spot:
He loves to hang out in windows and bask in the sun. He also has a kitty bed on our sofa he hangs out on when we watch TV and reminds us to give him lots of love and scritches on the neck.
He loves his kibble best, but his health conscious Mom pushes him to eat wet food as much as possible. I've tried to eliminate kibble from the house, but he gets quite grumpy without it, so we kind of compromise.
Luke is part dog. He retrieves things in his mouth, including socks that are left on the floor. He will lick your face if you let him. He's a very sweet and affectionate boy, and reminds us everyday that he's our alpha kitty.
We adopted Luke and Tully from Itty Bitty Orphan Kitty (IBOK) Rescue on October 18, 2008. I was still grieving over the loss of my sweet handsome tuxie, Carlos, who died rather quickly and unexpectedly from lymphoma at the age of nine. I was so heartbroken, I thought the only way to start healing again was to adopt another cat. I found Luke and Tully through Petfinder who were being fostered by a local rescue group. Their foster Mom wanted these two brothers adopted as a pair which was fine with me, I fell in love with both of them. She brought them over to our house to meet us in early October and I thought they were the perfect pair. My husband and I were getting ready to leave town for a much needed vacation, so I told their foster Mom that we would contact her once we got back. I thought about them the entire week we were gone, and drove over to the adoption fair near our house once we got back and brought them home.
Luke and Tully are both such wonderful cats, I am so thankful to have them in my life. I call them my "puppy cats" as they both seem to have a lot of dog-like qualities. Luke is a big cat with a big personality and constantly craves attention. He is very affectionate and loves to be around his humans. Tully is very mellow and easy going. He follows me around the house and sticks to me like glue. He's very much a Mama's boy.
9 of 9
The Silly Guy
The Groups I'm In:
☆☆CIRCUS FOR FURS☆☆, ♥ =^..^= 4 The Love of Cats =^..^= ♥, **Catstertown**, *Super Strollers*, PETS for OBAMA, Black And White Units, BlacKat Lounge, Cat & Dog Plaza, Catster Creations, Dogster & Catster Forever!, Dogster and Catster All Paws Bulletin!, Dreamy Mancats, MAN CATS AT WORK - No Girl Cats Allowed, Multiple Cat households!!!, Pawsome Pages, Pen Paws, Poopology, Purr It Forward, The Amazing Catopia, The Birthday & Gotcha Club, The Black and White Ankle Biters, THUNDERCATS*, ♥ Kewlest Catster Kitties ♥
The Last Forum I Posted In:
problems with pictures
I've Been On Catster Since:
|March 10th 2009
||More than 4 years!
Rosettes Given In The Past Month:
Stars Given In The Past Month:
Special Gifts Given In The Past Month:
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 1577 days
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
October 18th 2013 6:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 11 people already have ]
The happiest day in a kitty’s life is our Gotcha Day, don’t you think? It’s kind of a bittersweet day for our Mom because it also reminds her of the kitty she lost just before she adopted us, our angel brofur Carlos. He was a handsome tuxie like me, black and white, with beautiful green eyes. Dad named him Carlos, after guitarist Carlos Santana, one of Mom and Dad’s favorite musicians who is also from the Bay Area where we live.
Carlos stopped eating one day and Mom was heartbroken to find out that he had a large mass in his belly that turned out to be lymphoma. It was far too advanced to do anything to prolong his life, and he went to the Rainbow Bridge a couple of weeks later at the young age of nine. Mom cried and cried everyday for several weeks. She started thinking that she better find another cat soon because it was just too painful to be inside the house and not have a cat sleeping, eating, or playing somewhere close by. “Kitties make a house a home” our Mom likes to say.
She started looking on the Internet for cats to adopt through local rescue groups and the SPCA. A picture popped up one day of two black and white cats. I have to admit that Tully and I were pretty darn cute as kittens and it was hard not to stop and take a second look at our photo. Mom got on her email right away and sent a message to the rescue group – “are Lucas (my original name) and Tully still available for adoption”? Within a few minutes a reply came back. Mom’s heart skipped a beat. “Yes, they are. If you are interested in adopting them, please fill out the attached application.” Mom filled it out immediately and sent it right back. It was quite lengthy and asked a lot of questions, but Mom knew they were just trying to screen people and find out if she was really serious about adopting us. Mom passed the first step. Next, our foster Mom wanted to bring us by the house to meet if that was okay. Of course Mom said yes. We came over one evening after Mom and Dad got home from work. Foster Mom brought our carrier inside the house and out popped me and Tully. I immediately started roaming around the living room sniffing and exploring every nook and cranny. Dad thought I was a cool looking cat. He loved my markings, especially the big black spots near my nose and under my chin. I acted very confident and it was no surprise to my pawrents that I turned out to be the alpha cat and later king of the house. Dad still calls me “The King,” MOL.
Tully hid underneath the TV console where the DVD player and other electronic stuff are. He stared at Mom long and hard with eyes that looked a little frightened but also inquisitive as if asking “well, lady, are you going to adopt us?” That’s when Mom knew in her heart that we were "the ones."
The rescue groups in our area don’t normally like to adopt right on the spot, they like you to wait at least a day or two after you meet so you can think about it decide if it’s a good match. Mom and Dad were planning to go away on vacation in the next few days so Mom asked if we could stay with foster Mom until they returned. Foster Mom said she would bring us to the adoption fair near our house the following Saturday, and if Mom still wanted us, we would be waiting for her.
You can read Tully’s diary and find out about our first few nights in our forever home, but we adapted to our new home and bonded pretty quickly with Mom and with Dad. We always remember and thank our guardian angel, Carlos, on our Gotcha Day because without him, we would never have found this forever home.
Thank you to all our friends who stopped by to celepurrate this happy day with us!
August 1st 2013 6:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 20 people already have ]
Mom saw this article the other day called “10 Signs Your Kitty Actually Loves You.” Tully, Sammy, and Natasha do some of the things on this list, but Mom says I win the Love Bug prize paws down. I do every single thing that is listed here – I guess that makes me the ultimate Love Bug:
1. Head butting – I like to do this to Mom and to Dad. Every night when they are sitting in the living room, I walk in front of each of them and butt my head up against their legs, feet, anywhere I can touch them with my head and get their attention. Sometimes I leap into the air to butt my head against them.
2. Powerful purrs – Mom calls me her “purr machine.” Sometimes I purr so loudly in her ear, it’s hard for her to concentrate on what she’s doing. She always stops what she’s doing and starts giving me love rubs and neck scritches when she hears my mighty purrs.
3. Love bites – I love to nibble on Mama’s arm or face, not too hard, just enough to get her attention. Sometimes I bite her nose or forehead just enough to tickle. Mom calls these Lukey kisses.
4. Tail twitching - Mom says I have one of the biggest fluffiest tails she has ever seen, and I twitch it often. I love to strut my stuff!
5. Tummy up – several times a day I like to roll over on the carpet and expose my furry belly or roll over in my cat bad to get Mom’s attention…rub my belly - please!
6. Licking your hair or ears – not only do I lick Mama’s hair and ears, I like to lick her nose, her forehead, anywhere I can on her face. I’ve done this since I was a wee kitten, and it’s one of the reasons Mom calls me her “puppy cat.” Sometimes I act more like a dog than a cat – MOL, or is it BOL?
7. Kneading – I’ve always enjoyed “making biscuits” or kneading on Mom’s lap, on the blanket next to her in bed, or in my cat bed next to her on the couch. You’re never too old to act like a kitten. I also drool when I knead – hehehe.
8. Slow blinking – they say cats kiss with their eyes. I love to gaze at Mom while she’s sitting next to me on the couch and give her little kisses with my eye blinks.
9. Nap time – what’s better than snuggling next to your human when it’s time to take a nap? Humans are the ultimate cat warmer.
10. Gifting – I haven’t killed any live animals, but I sometimes take my catnip banana and drop it at Mom’s feet. I love my banana and will only share it with my Mom.
How many things on this list do you do?
Lukey the Love Bug
April 4th 2013 5:28 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]
Mom finally had time to sit down and help me type my answers for the Spring Tag game. Thank you Samhain for asking me to play!
Five Things I Love About Spring:
1. Open windows – it’s like watching big screen TV in hi-def.
2. Bird watching – who can resist watching those little critters in action? They build nests, they dive bomb each other, and they are very interesting to watch. The only thing better would be Bird Tasting!
3. Going outside in the backyard and eating those succulent blades of grass – only problem is that the grass blades often come back up after I’ve swallowed them – yack!
4. Shrimp on the Barbie. Usually the peeps make us chicken, but occasionally we get shrimp, too. Nothing better than a backyard barbecue!
5. Longer days, more sunshine, and more outdoor time – we all love it, even the peeps seem happier.
If you haven't yet played, consider yourself tagged!
See all diary entries for Luke|