Likes: Bisco loves playing with toys. She also likes late night affection sessions, but only on her own terms.
Pet-Peeves: being touched if she hasn't asked you to, strangers, going to the vet, and having her feline acne medicine put on twice a day.
Favorite Toy: The drawstring mom hung from the rocking chair, hairties, and her sisters.
Favorite Nap Spot: Mommy's bed, the rocking chair (also daddy's favorite place to sit, which leads to fights) and occassionally mommy's lap.
Favorite Food: She won't eat anything but diet Iams. When I switched her overweight sister to it Bisco wouldn't eat her own food anymore so now the whole family eats it whether they need it or not.
Skills: Looking mean and cranky, though she's really a softy on the inside. She looks tough but her "attacks" never hurt.
Arrival Story: Bisco lived with a Japanese college student and it was time for her to return home. Bisco, of course could not go with her so she hung up fliers around the college. My boyfriend (he's my husband now) saw them and gave me the phone number to call. My sister had taken our two cats when she got married so I was in the market to adopt.
Bio: My name is Bisco and I have catitude for sure. I wasn't around many people when I was a baby so I'm not a big fan of strangers, though I like people better than I did when meowmy first adopted me. I don't hiss anymore when I see a person that I don't know. I definitely prefer mom to anyone else and she is pretty much the only human who can tell me what to do. I like dad alright, but he can't give me orders! I get very defensive if he does, especially if he wants me to move so he can sit in my chair. Sometimes dad calls mom to move me because I will bite him if he tries! Don't worry, I don't really hurt anybody, I just haven't learned that people aren't always out to get me. I am pretty timid, I'll admit. Mommy says that I often look like I'm walking in a mine field because I stay low to the ground and look around, as if threats lurk in every corner. My fellow cats easily dominate me but I really do like them. I enjoy having playmates and often will initiate play fights with them myself. Only thing is, Foosa doesn't know when to quit sometimes and I get aggravated. Dad says that I am partly at fault because I let them dominate me. I roll right onto my back where I am most vulnerable giving Foosa the upper hand. But hey, if I didn't like it I wouldn't start it.
A very long time ago my friend Ishtar http://www.catster.com/cats/597601 tagged me and maybe it is time that I wrote my entry! I feel slightly bad that it took me so long but really, I don't because I am a cat and I do things when I feel like it!
The rules of the game
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to purr them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary or send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
Seven Facts About Me
1. I am a shy and timid girl and do not trust people that I do not know. I do however trust my human and so now even when there are a lot of people over to visit I will come out and say hi and let them dangle a string for me to play with. As long as they don't try to pet me too much or pick me up I am okay with it.
2. Twice a day mom holds me down and rubs this yucky lotion on my chin. I hate it and love it at the same time. I hate being held down but the feeling of mom rubbing that stuff on the itchy acne on my chin feels really good.
3. I love books, bookmarks, and boxes because they are fun to chew on. Expensive law school books taste the best and get the strongest reaction out of my daddy.
4. As soon as a human stands up out of a chair it is fair game so feel free to steal it. I have perfected this art. When they try to take the chair back swat at them and act like they are trying to kill you.
5. The greatest treat in life is licking the food dishes of the humans after they have finished eating. They get to eat so much better stuff than us cats do. If you are too impatient to wait just jump in their lap while they are still eating. Maybe you will luck out and they will give it to you. I have yet to have this happen but I am still working on it.
6. People constantly get me and my "sister" Foosa mixed up because we look so much alike. The difference is that I have a white belly and I wear tiny white booties on my feet.
7. The greatest form of stress in my life is named Foosa. If I am playing sometimes Foosa will come and steal my toy. If we are chasing each other and wrestling sometimes she gets too rough and makes me mad. Other than that I guess she is all right.
I am tagging:
Mitzi Mayhem http://www.catster.com/cats/482028
I am in need of some purring. I have long had this nagging problem called feline acne. It is not something that is going to kill me or anything but I will have it for the rest of my life and we are really struggling with finding a way to control it without pumping me full of steroid shots for the rest of my life. The doctor gave my mom this new experimental topical gel to put on my chin and boy do I hate it! It burns like wild fire and all it has done is made my condition spread and get worse. The tip of my chin right below my smile line is bright red now too. I guess it would seem that this topical cream isn't going to work so good. Mom is upset too because since she started giving it to me I am not affectionate at night like I used to be and I have taken to hiding under the bed most of the time. She doesn't want to make me miserable! Please if everyone could just put your paws together in the hopes that I will start to feel better me and mommy would really appreciate it.
You've seen the pictures. They're right there on the screen! Look how she has me cornered like that. That's not fair. And when I'm sitting at the window looking outside, if Foosa wants to sit there she takes it! I try to fight back but she doesn't take me seriously. I even pulled out a hunk of her hair this morning. See, I wanted to say good morning to mommy. I was so excited to get petted but Foosa ran right by me and monopolized all of mommy's time. I was so aggravated that I grabbed a mouth full of her hair when she ran by. Well, then the hair in my mouth made me gag. Well, mommy petted me anyway but Duchess and I can't compete. She always wants to be sitting on mommy's lap, or rubbing against her leg. I'm just not that kind of girl. I'm just a bit...pickier about when I want affection. Roommates!