Honey (9/05/2005)

Breed Unknown
Picture of Honey (9/05/2005), a male Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:Richmond, a  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 11 lbs.

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Honey (9/05/2005)

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Quick Bio:
-cat rescue

Windowsills, playing with his water bowl, cat toys with feathers

People taking away from time with his mommy, being able to see the bottom of his food bowl

Favorite Toy:
The soft ball with feathers on the end (much like a nerf foot ball)

Favorite Nap Spot:
The purple chair, the right side of the couch, and book bags.

Favorite Food:
Cat food. Anything else is highly suspicious and must be inspected, sniffed, and ultimately left on the floor.

Winning hearts, Alarm clock, moth catcher, turning off the computer when mommy isn't looking, falling off of things


Arrival Story:
I was leaving a store that was near a residential area, houses were half a block away. I look down the street and see this extremely cute kitten. While I'm thinking about seeing if I can go catch it to check on it, it spots me and starts walking towards me. This little kitten walks right past the person I'm with, right up to me and looks up at me and meows. I scoop him up and notice he has a bloody bite mark on his neck. I took him to the vet, where they cleaned him up and give me an antibiotic to give him so he wouldn't get an infection. I wasn't planning on keeping this kitten, you see my apartment didn't allow pets. My plan was to get him healthy and find him a home, but I quickly got attached. He was cute, and sweet and purred in happiness about having a home constantly.

Honey is a wonderful cat and I'm thankful to have him in my life. He has been a wonderful companion to me, and I do my best to do the same for him. I rescued him and he helped me through some hard times. After some half positive half negative leukemia tests when I first got him in August 2004, I was sad to learn in August 2005 that he did have feline leukemia. This was discovered because he had developed cancer in his lymph nodes area. His cancer as of Friday August 19th, 2005, three weeks after treatment started, was in full remission. The vet and I are both hoping he'll get at least a year of a comfortable normal life, the vet has had cats last as long as two years before it was time to lay them to rest. For now I'm just enjoying him as much as I can, and I'll give him as much as I can for however long his life span may be. Lauren, Honey's Mom

Forums Motto:
I am the tail-less kitty of cutness

I've Been On Catster Since:
July 2nd 2005 More than 11 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Life Without a Tail


September 5th 2005 6:28 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Honey died this morning. I just recieved the call from the vet.

They checked on him last night and he seemed fine, but at this mornings check he had passed away. He was curled up like he was sleeping, he probably died in his sleep.

Its very unreal. I haven't seen him since friday, I didn't get to say good bye.

Lauren, Honey's Mom


To the vet again.

September 3rd 2005 8:19 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Honey's Mommy again.

I took Honey to the vet early yesterday afternoon. He hasn't been walking right lately, I assumed he'd just jumped off something wrong and kept rehurting himself. So I didn't worry about it, plus he wasn't acting like he was in pain.

Then he started spitting up here and there a few days ago. Just a little bit at a time. He has done this before after Chemo, and then once hes done he normalizes and starts eating more, so I again didn't worry.

Then he had diarhea. It wasn't even in his litter box which is so out of character (I'm thinking maye he was having trouble getting in and out of it, with the walking funny). When I tried to clean him up some he cried like it hurt. With all three things together I figured it was time to call the vet.

I called the vet, they didn't have any known open spaces, so they told me to bring him in and they'd squeeze him in when they could. I didn't hear back from them until well after their closing time. My vet often stays after closing time to finish up with animals and such.

What has happened is Honey's white blood cell count is very low. There are two reasons this could be as it is.
1.) It is a result of the Chemo
2.) The Feline Leukemia has infected into his bone marrow (I believe thats what he said) and is now killing of his white blood cells.

If it is option one, with a bit of time and some anti-biotics he should clear right up. If it is option two, then he is honestly fighting a battle we have no hope of winning, he'd be constantly sick until something killed him. The vet and I both are in agreement that if it is option two, it will be time to lay Honey to rest.

We are hopeful, but I'm not feeling very confident. The vet said he was going to run some more tests and see if he could get a more deffinite feel on what was going on. I'm hoping to hear from him sometime soon.

Lauren, Honey's mom.


Two weeks

August 31st 2005 7:55 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It has been almost two weeks with no Chemo.

I'm doing pretty good I guess. I'm STILL not eating properly. That last Chemo treatment really tore me up. Moms not too worried, shes accepted I'll eat when I'm ready.

I've been spending LOTS and LOTS of time with mom. She sits at the computer a lot, especially with classes being back in. I just sit next to her and purr and nap. It really is lovely.


See all diary entries for Honey (9/05/2005)