Siamese/Breed Unknown
Picture of Akasha-Coco, a female Siamese/Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:Sugar Land, TX  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female

   Leave a treat for Akasha-Coco

C-c-c-coco, Coco Bean

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mixed breed

Gotcha Date:
October 14th 2010

October 7th 2008

Seal Point


Arrival Story:
After getting Louis, we realized that we needed a second. We were considering a Siamese mix kitten, but she was adopted before we could get to her. After missing her, I decided, that ultimately, an older cat would be better. And then I saw Coco on the shelter website and I really wanted to meet her. So I did, and we clicked. And since it was two weeks after getting Louis, I only had to pay for her rabies vac.

She was part of a family for most or all of her life who gave her up because they were moving and couldn't afford to keep her. The stress of this, along with the stress of the surgery as well as their anesthetic method, killed her the 20th of October, 2010. She was only two years old.

Forums Motto:
Queen of Heaven... until subjects arrive

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Stuck cat whiskers

I've Been On Catster Since:
October 14th 2010 More than 5 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Feline Friends

Queen of the Dam-- I mean Catted.

Rest in Peace, Sweetie

October 23rd 2010 9:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

This was too hard for me to write a few days ago, and I'm still affected by it.

Akasha-Coco passed away on Wednesday. I technically owned her 7 days, and she was at home over night for only one of those.

Thursday -- Adopted her, they kept her to be spayed

Friday -- I make vet appointment for her health exam

Saturday -- She is spayed, but she's the last one to go under she isn't quite ready to go home yet

Sunday morning -- We pick her up. Though she is obviously quite sick, they release her anyway. She's drooling.

Sunday afternoon -- She looks terrible and isn't eating or drinking. We make an emergency vet visit and cancel the other appointment

Monday -- I give her the antibiotics in the morning and watch her food and water. She continues to look worse. In the afternoon, everything is untouched. The drooling is making her dehydrated. I call the shelter and take her down there. They tell me how bad her condition is. The same people who released her like this.

Tuesday -- They keep her there and treat her

Wednesday -- I call to check up on her in the morning. I receive a phone call at 5:45 telling me she passed away.

I was depressed for the rest of the evening, and then angry the next day. This is the second cat that shelter gave me that was not truly fit to go home. I adopted another cat from a different shelter. Unfortunately, what Akasha-Coco had passed to Louis, and even though Pandora was healthy from the shelter, she
s about to catch was Akasha-Coco had from Louis.

I believe that stress and depression are what ultimately killed her. She's a Siamese, and as most people know, they bond with their owner. But her owner gave her up to this strange place, and, naturally, she was stressed by her new surroundings, and sad and confused as to why her previous owner left her in this said strange place. She eventually came to grieve for the loss of her owner with whom she bonded with. Moreover, as anyone who's had it knows, surgery is also extremely stressful, and on top of that, they use the tubing method of putting them under, making them more susceptible to an URI. All of this put together killed her immune system, and she must have been in so much emotional pain, that it all killed her.

Even as I'm recalling this, I'm still sad for her and angry at both her owner and the shelter. But sometimes at myself as well. I think to myself that she could've been spared if I took her home before the surgery until she stopped grieving for her owner and I could've have bonded with her some. And maybe then, she could've handled the stress of the surgery.

But what's done is done. I personally believe in rebirth, and I hope she moves on to a happier next life.


October, In the Shelter

October 15th 2010 7:02 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I'm writing this from a back room. They put more things around my throat. I'm so scared!! Last thing I remember was a girl wit a scarf sitting with me in her lap, stroking my head and back while restraining me those few times I was trying to get away. There were so many people!!

I don't know why my owner gave me up. There were cardboard boxes, yes, but I didn't think they'd mean my mama was going to leave me!

This is so scary!! I wanna go home!!

See all diary entries for Akasha-Coco