Mieke, Destroyer of Worlds

Maine Coon/Domestic Long Hair
Picture of Mieke, Destroyer of Worlds, a female Maine Coon/Domestic Long Hair

Photo Comments
Age: 7 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 3 lbs.

[I have a diary!]  

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Mieke, Destroyer of Worlds

Napoleon, Destroyer

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mixed breed-cat rescue

April 30th 2009

Patched Tabby

Tumbling around with Binx and Julius, then lying in my lap when they exhaust themselves.

Boundaries of any kind.

Favorite Toy:
Anything she can get her claws on. She loves jeans.

Favorite Nap Spot:
My lap, wherever I'm sitting.

Favorite Food:
She would also love to say turkey or tuna, but she only gets kitten chow.

She is the friendliest cat, she gets along with everyone. I haven't found a cat yet that doesn't like her.


Arrival Story:
I had just found out that my brand new orange tabby, Arthur, had blood filling his lungs and he probably wouldn't make it. I didn't want his sister, Binx, to be a lonely only kitten. In the lobby of my vet's office, there was a free kitten crate that, at the beginning of the week, had held a litter of eight kittens. Only the runt was left, a little girl. The kittens were too young to be weaned, but they were anyway. As I was sitting in the waiting room, the kitten kept looking at me and crying. As I was leaving, I decided I would take her home. I've since spoken to my vet about the source of my little destroyer, and apparently her mother was a maine coon queen for a local "breeder" who got out. The kittens weren't wanted because they couldn't be sold, and they ended up at the vet's clinic. I only hope that "breeder" spayed Mieke's mommy, if they couldn't even keep some accidental kittens long enough for them to be properly weaned.

Her name, Mieke (pronounced Meek-uh), came from the little mewing sound she made, mixed with her little face that somehow makes me think of German names.

Lives Remaining:
9 of 9

Forums Motto:
The Tiny Terror




I've Been On Catster Since:
July 2nd 2009 More than 7 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
*Arthur RIP
Sweet Angel

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Never Underestimate Us!

It's been furrrevers!

May 7th 2010 1:54 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So Mommy and I haven't had time in a furry long time to come on Catster. Mommy had a hard time at schools, and spent a lots of time writing for her portfurlio. She wrote a hundred pages, and that's the longest one she's evfur done!

Still, the time hasn't been all good stuffs. Mr. Julius decided he didn't like Mommy's roommates, and started peeing on their stuffs. He decided he also liked one of the couches. My favorite one too!
It got to the point where Mommy's roommates threatened to move out. Mommy wouldn't have minded, but without their rent she can't afford our house either.
Mommy and Granmommy spent a lot of time and moneys checking him for infections or any health problems, Mommy cleaned the whole house with Nature's Miracle, and even got rid of the couch!
Eventually it was kinder for Mr. Julius to find a home where he didn't need to mark his territory all the times. Mommy had gotten him to the point where he'd let even strangers pet him, so she figured he'd be okay, even though it broke her heart to see him go.
She found a furry nice lady at the Vista TLC rescue center who said she could definitely rehome such a sweet, handsome little man. Mr. Julius really liked the nice lady and the treats she offered him with Mommy's permission, so Mommy took that as a sign that this would be okays. Mr. Julius had a new home before Mommy even finished signing the papers!
Mommy got to talk to the new peoples too. She told me all about how nice they were and how excited they were to find such a handsome little boy. She warned them about his problems, but that didn't deter them at all! It really set her heart at ease.
She offered to transfur his Catster page to them, but they said they weren't compootur peoples, and would prefur if she removed the page instead. Mommy obeyed their wishes, but it took her a while.
Losing him was hard. Mommy still misses him and sometimes cuddles me too tights when she thinks about him.

Less than a month later, Mommy's old old cat Emily started to get sick. Granmommy got really worried, but it seemed to go aways. Emily always ate plastic and ribbons, so Mommy figured she just got something that didn't agree wif her.
Emily was perky, alert, and seemed absolutely healthy fur about two or three weeks. Then Granmommy and Grandaddy went to northern califurnia to take care of Granmommy's parents, like they usually do. While they were gone, the nice neighbor man took care of Emily like he always did. He gave Emily to Mommy when she was a little girl and his cat had kittens. He's always been attached to Emily, so Mommy trusted her in his care.
It was they neighbor man who noticed that Emily had stopped pooping. She stopped eating a little while after that too. Granmommy and Grandaddy got home the next day and took her to the vet again.
Emily had eaten something she couldn't pass. Everyone was always so careful, but somehow she managed to get something. She had an intestinal blockage. The vet said there was surgery, but Emily was so old that she probably wouldn't survive it anyway. And if she did, she probably wouldn't survive the healing process. Granmommy couldn't affurd the surgery, and called Mommy to tell her to come say goodbye.
Mommy skipped classes and went to be with Emily. Granmommy had decided to make Emily's last few days comfortable. Mommy was worried and in the back of her mind thought maybe it would have been kinder to just put her down, but couldn't say so.
When she got home, Mommy told me Emily died in her lap, cuddled and surrounded by people who loved her very much. Mommy wrote a poem for her and the neighbor man printed out a copy of the Rainbow Bridge for her. She was buried with those and her favorite snuggly right next to her mommycat.

About two months aftur that, Mommy's roommate decided she was going to take Binx with her when she moved because she had paid the beginning adoption fee, even though Mommy has paid fur evfurrything since.
Mommy couldn't exactly kidnap Binx, so she agreed.
Then Mommy's roommate realized she couldn't take Binx and decided she didn't know where she'd be living next year.
Mommy offurred to take Binx, but she doesn't know what's going to happen there.
The roommate even mentioned "pound" but Mommy got all mad and warned her against it. She said if it came to that, Binx would go to the same nice rescue center she took Julius to.
Mommy doesn't want it to come to that, but doesn't have much say in the matter. Wish her luck though, she is working hard to figure things out.

Boy am I glad I'm well behaved and belong to my Mommy legally and evfurrything!
Mommy missed Catster, but just didn't have the heart to face it yet. But she's back, and I'll be offurring advice on the Answers board.


The Great Binding Machine Incident

July 2nd 2009 9:48 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

My mommy wanted me to share how extensive you really have to be while kitten-proofing. She thought that sharing the events of last Friday would be perfect.
I live with my 4 month old brother, Julius, my 5 month old sister, Binx, and our mom. When she got the first of us, Binx, she made sure to examine her house and take away anything that we could chew, scratch, or knock over that would get us into trouble. Kitchen floor? Swept. Cord corners? Taped down. Mom had an older cat, Emily, since she was little so she knew what little kitties would look for. But Mom didn't bank on getting a Bionic Cat like me.
Binx has had free run of the house for two months, but Julius and I only graduated from kitty manners preschool, and were allowed to run around two weeks ago. We've had a couple rooms, but the whole house was so exciting!
It was all going well, until Mom decided Julius and I needed our shots, and started getting ready to take us there. As she was getting ready to go, she stepped into her bedroom, where we weren't allowed yet, to get her shoes and car keys. This was my moment.
For ages, there had been an old slab of metal leaning against the wall (Mom called it a "binding machine" for papers to become booklets) and I was fascinated. Mom never let me play on it. She told me she knew it was sturdy, but it wasn't for little kitties. I was determined to prove her wrong.
So I waited until she left the room, and started climbing. I climbed to the very top, and the world turned sideways. I was pinned against the couch! I cried for Mom and she came running, picking up the machine. She picked me up and cuddled me, but I wasn't feeling very well. She tried to put me down, to see me walk and make sure there was no limp, but I walked a few feet and sat down, ignoring my siblings and pouting.
Mommy knew it wasn't normal for me to ignore my siblings, and she put me in my crate with Julius to calm me down. He sure helped, and we fell asleep on each other during the ride to the vet. Mommy cried the whole way, mumbling about internal bleeding and behavior, and thanking someone that I pulled the machine onto couch, not ground or wall.
When we got to the vet, I knew why. I got weighed, and I was only 2.6 pounds! The machine that I pulled over weighed at least 25 pounds according to Mom, maybe more. She thought I had cut myself in half! The vet agreed that her fears were not unfounded, and kept me overnight. I missed my mom and Julius all night, and got to go home in the morning with a clean bill of health. I haven't seen that binding machine since, and Mom has to wait another week to get me my shots, for fear I'll go into shock. My plan worked!

See all diary entries for Mieke, Destroyer of Worlds