Editor’s note: This story originally appeared in the Holiday 2015 issue of Catster print magazine. Click here to subscribe to Catster magazine.
Is your cat feeling left out while you and your guests nibble on fancy hors d’oeuvres and other goodies? Treat her to her own yummy homemade snack.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. brewer’s yeast
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 1 can (6 1⁄2-ounce) of water-packed tuna, salmon, or whitefish, drained and flaked
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the tuna, breadcrumbs, brewer’s yeast, and salt. Blend with a wooden
spoon until moistened and thoroughly mixed.
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties. Place the patties into the skillet. Cook each
side for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the patties to cool, and then crumble them into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
Source: Fit Cat: Tips and Tricks to Give Your Pet a Longer, Healthier, Happier Life, by Arden Moore. Copyright 2015 by Firefly Books, used with permission.
Top photo: Cat and woman in kitchen by Shutterstock