My sister, Molly, and I love making fleece blankets for the animals in our local shelters. One of our favorite things is digging through the remnants bin at the fabric store looking for adorable patterns. Molly has taken it one step further by making little pillows. They’re cute and soft, and easy to make. And the kitties love them!
What you’ll need:
- Sewing machine and thread
- Catnip (optional)
- Cut two pieces of fleece in either a small square or rectangle. You can make any size you want. Make sure the fleece is right-side out.
- Sew three of the sides together using a 1/2-inch seam.
- Stuff the pillow with fiberfill. For an extra special touch, add a little bit of catnip.
- Sew up the remaining side.
- Trim the edges. To give the pillows a more finished look, use pinking shears to trim.
Editor’s note: This article originally appeared in Catster magazine. Have you seen the new Catster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting area of your vet’s office? Click here to subscribe to Catster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Thumbnail: Photography ©Molly Butler.