October 27th 2012 9:12 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]
I guess we are as prepared for Sandy as we could be. Mom went to the grocery store, target and petco....so I guess we are ready. Actually, we have everything we need except D batteries, all the stores are out of them. We have several flashlights, some candles, bottled water, charcoal for the grill and plenty of cat food and litter. I think we could go off the grid for about two or three weeks and do okay. Mom is a shopper and likes to stock up when things are on sale or she has coupons.
Here is my concern about the storm. It is supposed to start raining and get windy here on Sunday, all through Monday and into Tuesday. I am supposed to go to the Vet on Monday morning and stay there all day, till Mom gets out of work at 5PM. They want to really hydrate me and then do my bloodwork and urine sample in Tuesday morning. They want to check my liver and kidney function and think that I may have been slightly dehydrated when I was first tested. Because the sugar and protein and white counts where having a party somewhere in my urinary tract the doctor wanted to wait till I was finished with my antibiotics too, in case these counts where thrown out of whack from the infection. My Mom is worried about leaving me there all day on the storm. What if she can't get back to get me?, what if the power goes out?, what if I am scared by the howling wind?, what if a tree falls on the building? She doesn't know if she should cancel and reschedule for later in the week or just go through with an for get me if it gets really bad. We don;t live far, only about 4 or 5 blocks away from our house, and about 15 minutes away from Mom's work.
To all our friends.... Please stay safe, we will be worried about you. Check back when you are able. Purrs,
Leave A Comment | 6 people already have
Hope you'll be ok. Purring it won't be too bad.
I know it's important for you to go to the vet, but you should see if the vet will be opened on Monday. Maybe you can postpone?
Stay safe! We are not far away, in Philly.
We are purring for you. purrs from Sam, purrs from Raza and purrs from Mr D in New Zealand. I hope everything goes well and that you stay safe.
We're in Sandy's path too. Purring for you and all our friends!
Our vet will not be open. They cancelled all their appointments. There is someone on site to care for the animals in the hospital, but they decided it would be too dangerous for poeple or animals to go in.
I went to the Vet this morning. They took a urine sample first thing and then they are going to give me fluids. They will be open till 7PM but Mom can come back for me around 4 or 5. I can go back on Tuesday or Wednesday to get my bloodwork.