March 6th 2013 7:33 am
[ View A Comments (18) ]
I thought you cats might like to know how it went with our new non-Catster catsitter! Wowza, did we pull some wool over her eyes! MOL!
It's complicated at our house. Gleek isn't supposed to eat dry food, so we've all turned into wet-food-only cats. However, I like to hide! The MRS. was afraid that if I hid from the non-Catster catsitter the entire weekend, I wouldn't get any food.
So here was the plan:
1. Keep the master bedroom door closed at all times. Gleek would be put in there at night with his evening meal. The reason the door needed to be closed at all times is because of me. If I got in there and hid, I wouldn't get any food!
2. Samoa would get put in her room at night with a bowl of dry food (cause she is a pig and is hungry all the time). However, instructions were given that if there was a possibility that I was in Samoa's room, don't lock her in there because then we would be in there together and you can just imagine how that would turn out!
3. Inky and I would get the run of the rest of the house with a bowl of dry food (so that I could get some food if I hid during the wet food feedings).
I told you it was complicated! Of course, the MRS. had signs up all over the house on what doors to keep closed and stuff like that.
Here is what happened:
1. Friday afternoon the MRS. got a call that the non-Catster catsitter's computer died and didn't send some notice to her phone, so she forgot about us. Luckily, she was on her way over and it was only about an hour past when she was supposed to get here. That didn't leave the MRS. feeling too good to start off the weekend! MOL!
2. The MRS. was glad that she had left detailed instructions on feedings, pills, etc., because that info was also in the non-Catster catsitter's dead computer. The MRS. told the DD to never question her micro managing, whatever that means!
3. Somecat left a hairball on the carpet.
4. I ended up in the master bedroom. I hid under the sheet on the bed, and the non-Catster catsitter video taped me and sent it to the MRS.
5. Because I was in the master bedroom, I got to stay in there with Gleek. I got wet food but no dry food that night. Inky had the whole run of the house because Samoa was in the guest room.
6. Somehow Inky ended up spending one night with Samoa in the guest room.
7. The non-Catster catsitter made a toy using our Calvin Collar yarn. The MRS. spent all day yesterday trying to figure out how she did it. She finally texted her to see what kind of crochet stitch she used. She told the MRS. she used her fingers. It is called finger knitting and kids learn it in Girl Scouts. The MRS. never learned it in Girl Scouts, but she knows how to do it now.
8. The non-Catster catsitter told me about catnip spray. I've never heard of it but her cats like it. She has ragdoll cats!
9. The non-Catster catsitter took pictures and sent those to the MRS. along with updates. The MRS. says that was really nice and she appreciated getting the updates during the weekend.
So, as you can see, nothing quite went as planned, but we all survived! Gleek got his medicine which is the most important thing. The MRS. says she needs to become a Catster catsitter because they make good money - $25 a visit! We're worth three visits a day, don't you think?
We think we like this non-Catster catsitter. The MRS. and the DD are going away for a whole week in May, so we'll have her do this again! Thanks to all my pals who came by for the party Saturday night. We had fun playing with that yarn toy, didn't we?
Three visits a day?? Holy smokes!
Oh Newman, I'm happy you got to stay home and had a little fun with the non catster cat sitter. So things didn't go perfectly but you all had a caring person try and do it right.
Kudos to your meowmy she rocks!
She has to come three times a day because Gleek gets medicine twice a day, and since he only eats wet food, he has to eat three times a day or he will starve!
Glad things went kinda OK, no big problems and Gleek got his medication that is so important...
Mom is a catsitter and your Mom is no different than some of Moms clients...and she said things do happen, she always makes sure she follows her clients instructions...one of her clients has 12 cats and the Mom leaves notes everywhere and she has to give meds. to 2 of the cats...one hides and Mom has to hunt for him. Mom also sends pics and updates to her clients, most like it and want it.Some cats hide all the time, Mom just makes sure they are OK and they are eating, there isn't much a sitter can do sometimes to get the kitty out. She even has mean kitties one will attack Mom, she has to throw treats into his Moms room and lock him in there while she gets his food, cleans litter box.
Catsitting is the best Mom says.
Look forward to hearing your next adventure with your sitter, maybe you will get more comfortable with her coming and will soon come out.
Sounds like musical chairs, I mean rooms! We have the wet/dry snarf it all up/pick at it scenario with only two cats. Your new sitter sounds pretty good since she can take on a big group and do the most important stuff, especially getting Gleek to take his pills. And that catnip spray sounds divine.
Sounds like a fun time was had by all! Very nice that the catsitter sent your Mom and Dad pix and video!
Wow, it takes alot to pill a kitty and keep up with the open this door, close that door. I'm impressed. Sounds like ya'll need to keep that catsitter lady. Glad everyone ate and especially that Gleek got his pills.
A good catsitter is worth every penny! When I was first having trouble with the constipation and the pink monkeys were out of town, our catsitter decided the lactulose was not having the desired effect. She smuggled me into the vet's office where she works and talked the vet into giving me an enema off the books. That's devotion. We looooove our catsitter Amy.
All that would make meowmy's head go spinning! Then it would be another kitty toy, MOL!!
Glad it all worked out so well!
Glad it all worked out!
MOL! That wuz a lot of plannin' by yer Mom! Cats here. Cats there. Wow! Glad the catsitter worked out.
Uuuuu, Samoa and Inky spent a night in the guest room, MOL *snicker snicker* Give my best to the two lovebirds, Newman.
I don't like that she took pictures. Isn't that invasion of your purrivacy?
Hey! We eat only wet food too but we get it only twice a day! Okay, and just before Mom goes to bed too, so I guess that really is 3 times.
I hid for almost three weeks from our cat sitter. I hated her, I wanted my Mommy.
Your pawtee was da bomb, Newman. And I wont' tell who's hairball that was.
Hey Newmie - Concatulations on being a DDP today!!
Me-wow that is a complicated situation! Kinda reminds me of treat time at our house but even more complicated. I'm glad everything turned out OK and your diary made me laugh!!
Concats on Ur Diary Pick honor today Newmie~! Furtastic diary 'n funny too~! Purrfect!! We enjoy readin' Ur mews!!! Purrs on!
Congrats on being a DDP, today, Newman!
Diary Gal must have felt sorry fur the Cat-sitter, MOL!
Have a great day of catabratory fun!!
Thanks for the pawsome diary picture, Pipo & Minko! I've added it to my page!