February 20th 2008 5:36 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
1. My name in the shelter was Huedo.
2. I am so affectionate that when I am in the arms of one of my humans, I push my cheek against them VERY hard. I once did this and bent back one of Mommy's nostrils.
3. Everyday, I go into the bathroom, sit on the radiator and STARE at the parakeet, whose cage is hanging there.
4. I LOVE crocheted blankies and will knead for at least 45 mins before I lie down and get comfy.
5. I love our new toy, the Fling Ama String and hog, not letting anyone else play.
6. I think Nico is the greatest kitty in the world, and I do everything he does!
7. Daddy thinks I look like Jimmy Durante because of the shape of my nose.
October 26th 2007 6:43 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Daddy thinks Durante might be a good name for me since he says I have a big nose!! Mommy thinks Durante is too long a name, but Jimmy isn't so bad.
However, I do answer to Gabe or Gabriel.
Maybe I am an angel after all.
October 24th 2007 5:11 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Well, where to begin? I spent a ridiculous amount of time recovering in the shelter from what was a very bad URI. At one point, my temp spiked over 106! My sneezing decreased enough to let me come into this foster home.
At first, I literally acted as if there were NO other cats around me. I would walk right by them, wanting to discover something good here.
The biggest boy, Nico, tackled me at least 5 times and I just kept right on going.
BUT.....I have seen the error of my ways! I have come to realize that wrestling, racing around the house and knocking things over is quite fun and dare I say, DELIGHTFUL????
Last night, while the Mommy ironed, Nico and I wrestled for the better part of a half hour, all over the bedroom. We beat the stuffing outta each other on the bed, the sofa, the floor, under the sofa, even in a laundry basket!
I absolutely adore the youngest 2-legger! The minute I see her, I can't help but purr like mad!
I especially like her hair, which I fluff and fix every chance I get. She's delightful, smells like sugar (that might be the icing from a cupcake) and lets me lie in her lap for endless amounts of time.
Daddy is pretty cool also. He and I have an understanding, we both act real cool, but secretly we LOVE hanging out with each other.I rub my jaw along his chin and he scratches me under my chin. Its a sweet deal.
The mommy isn't too bad either. She makes a fuss, just like she did in the shelter! I jump right into her arms like we've rehearsed it or something.
But the thing that does me in the most??? ALL THOSE FOOD BOWLS!! I cannot believe that there would be so many food bowls, with food enough for all of us!! I can't get enough! I race from each bowl, nibbling a bit as I go. It's almost shameful.
Well, that's it for now. I think I've seen almost everything there is to see in the house, but that doesn't mean I'll stop exploring....I haven't spent nearly enough time in the laundry room or basement yet.