Pocono ~ ESA

Domestic Medium Hair/Domestic Shorthair
Picture of Pocono ~ ESA, a male Domestic Medium Hair/Domestic Shorthair

Photo Comments

Home:Coshocton, OH  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 13 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 20 lbs.

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Pocono ~ ESA

Pokey, Big Boy, Old Man, and Chunk-a-Butt.

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mixed breed

October 30th 2003

Gray and White

Being outside or cuddling.

Being alone.

Favorite Toy:
String and anything with catnip.

Favorite Nap Spot:
In the windows or in small areas.

Favorite Food:
9 Lives wet food

Cuddling, and sitting on command.

indoors and outdoors

Arrival Story:
He was a Christmas present from my mom. Her friend's cat had kittens so she got one so Nascar, my mom's cat, could have a playmate. He didn't want much to do with her, so she gave her to my brother and picked up her brother for me.

He loves being outside, even when it's cold or nasty out. He loves to get in your lap to cuddle, even if you're trying to use the toilet. Pocono has a certain healing power for me. When I am very sad, he wants to cuddle and love on me, taking the sadness away.

Lives Remaining:
8 of 9

Forums Motto:
Pocono - I'm the big boy here.

I've Been On Catster Since:
October 14th 2006 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

A day in my life


June 21st 2011 9:23 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Over two months ago, I was diagnosed with a nasal tumor. I was taking one 5mg Prednisone once a day. Mommy went away for two weeks and left Daddy in charge. Daddy did a great job caring for me. But with me worrying about where Mommy went and the stress of her not being here all day with me caused my tumor to grow. I went to see my best friend a few days after Mommy returned home. Dr. Heilman says I'm still healthy and seem very happy still. I now take my Pred. twice daily. That just means I get more of those yummy treats. Everyone is very hopeful for another few good months. Mommy prays every night for another good day with me. We spend a lot of bonding time together and play every day. All the secondary infections and problems are gone now, which makes me a happier and allows me to make more mischief. Mommy has her hands full now. She's too busy watching me to worry so much.
Thanks to everyone who sends us purrs and prayers and the power of the paw. It means a lot to us to see so many that care.


The Prayers We Use

May 1st 2011 8:25 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Prayer for a Sick Pet

Heavenly Father,
Please help us in our time of need,
You have made us stewards of (name of pet).
If it is Your will, please restore him (her)
to health and strength.
I pray too for other animals in need.
May they be treated with the care and respect
deserving of all Your creation.
Blessed are You Lord God,
and holy is Your name for ever and ever.

Blessing of All Domestic Animals

Lord God King of heaven and earth, Thou the Word of the Father by whom all creatures were given us for our support: look down, we beseech Thee, on our lowliness. As Thou hast given us these animals to assist us in our labors and needs so mayest Thou in Thy great goodness and mercy bless them from above, guard and preserve them; and, while Thou givest Thy servants temporal benefits, mayest Thou grant us thy continual grace so that we may praise Thy holy name with thanksgiving.

These prayers bring my mommy comfort when she's sad. She hopes these prayers may be a comfort to all of you as well.

Many purrrs,


A Long, Hard Month

April 25th 2011 7:08 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Well, about a month ago, Mommy noticed I had a bump on my eye-lid. It looked like a sty, but a little too big. After a week without improvement, Mommy took me to see the vet. I got some medicine that made me sick whenever I ate. So I got new medicine the next week. I still didn't improve, so they gave me some medicine to may me sleepy and took some pictures of my with a weird camera. Those pictures looked weird. You could see my bones and they called them X-rays. They made a little hole in my face and took a biopsy and gave me one little stitch. There was so much infection that they had to give me shots every day for a week. After those were over, I got some new medicine for inflammation. I went back in today. Still no improvement in the swelling on my eye-lid or face. My vet told Mommy I have a nasal tumor that couldn't be told with the amount of yucky stuff the first time around. Mommy has been crying all day. Mommy says I'm really sick. I don't feel sick. She can't afford to get me all the fancy tests to determine what type of tumor or how long I have. She feels so helpless and lost.
I told Mommy in my special way that I don't care if she can't afford the tests or any special type of medicine. I will always love her, no matter what. I'm fine with just my little pills everyday. They help slow the tumor growth and they're so little, I barely noticed Mommy got one in my mouth. I will continue to see my favorite vet every few weeks for awhile. I like him (I just hate the car ride). I will know when it's time and Mommy will know it too.
We are truly blessed and grateful for the time we've shared. I've lived a happy life with Mommy, Daddy, The Lady, The Boy, my sister Daytona, The Creepy Old Man, and Calli. Every day I share with Mommy and Daddy is a blessing for all of us. I purrrr that Mommy will be alright when my time comes and I'm called to go home, to The Rainbow Bridge.

See all diary entries for Pocono ~ ESA