Bindusara~~In Loving Memory~~

Picture of Bindusara~~In Loving Memory~~, a male Himalayan

Photo Comments

Home:Winchendon, MA  
Sex: Male

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Bindusara~~In Loving Memory~~

Bindu Boy

Quick Bio:

August 7th 1991

He loved his outdoor time in our fenced in area around the gardens.

He didn't like any kind of changes in the house.

Favorite Toy:
In his eyes, everything was a toy.

Favorite Nap Spot:
Either in front of the fireplace in the winter, a nice sunny window or in bed with us.

Favorite Food:
He LOVED Honey Nut Cheerios!


Arrival Story:
We had had two female Himilayans that had passed away 2 weeks apart to the day. They were half sisters, 6 mos apart. We contacted the breeder when we lost our first female to heart failure at the age of 2 yrs old. She told us she had another litter and we could have pick at no charge. We went down and picked out Bindu because he seemed like a little IMP!! He just kept going over to the coffee pot on the counter to lick the coffee! He was the runt, but we felt he'd be a perfect match to our Kasy, never knowing she'd pass away soon after picking him out. Two days before he was to come home to us, we lost Khasis (Kasy). Needless to say, he couldn't have come into our lives at a better time!

Bindu was a special cat. He was a BIG talker. If you chose to ignore him, he'd jump up on our back and curl himself around our neck! True to the first time we met him, he was a little IMP. He had quite the personality. He was the KING of the house! In Nov of 2001, we had moved into the home we had built. Bindu didn't like the change of course. It took him until Jan of 2002 to finally settle in and he really seemed like he was starting enjoy his new home. At the beginning of Mar, we noticed he seemed to be losing weight and just wasn't right. We took him to the vets and we found out his kidneys were failing. He spent a few nights there and came home. He seemed to be rebounding but two weeks later, he took a turn for the worse. On March 2o, 2002, I knew it was time. He was a few months short of turning 11 yrs old. I called my husband and told him it was time. We called the vet and asked if we could be the last appt. It was one of the hardest decisions to make, but we knew it was best for Bindu. I spent his last 4 hours alone with him here at home. He laid on my lap and slept while I pet him, talked to him and I told him how much I loved him. I cried. I promised him that we would stay with him until he passed over to the Rainbow Bridge. When my husband came home, we bundled him up and with tears streaming down our faces, we took him to the vets. We stayed with him until he made his final journey. It was one of the toughest things I've ever gone thru. We have his ashes here with us. His ashes sits on a self along with a few Honey Nut Cheerios and a couple of his favorite toys. I still talk to him daily. I still miss him terribly. He will be in my heart forever.

Free Cursors

I've Been On Catster Since:
May 9th 2005 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
- 3/1/10

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends