Chanel In loving memory

Picture of Chanel In loving memory, a female Himalayan/Himalayan

Photo Comments

Home:VA  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Chanel In loving memory

Shellybelly, Chanel, Shellybells

Quick Bio:

BleuBoy, catnip, treats when I exit the car,

Brushing, Mommy Kitty,

Favorite Toy:

Favorite Nap Spot:
The new down cushioned chair, baskets, pillows

Favorite Food:

she doesnt need any with those looks!


I've Been On Catster Since:
March 3rd 2005 More than 11 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
Bleu BoySireBoopTidbit
SnickersGerdie BoJinglesGhost
Claus (In
loving memory
Loving Memory~
Tid Bit
Izzy (Isabel)TeddyWyatt EarpKibbles
JasperMr. Lick ems

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Eight long days. January 11, 2012

Eight Days

January 13th 2012 1:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Two dogs entered the cat door in my garage to eat my Mommy's baby chicks. One was a Dalmatian, and the other a Yorkshire Terrier. Then the bigger dog turned toward me. The Dalmatian had me in it's teeth when my Daddy came home, heard the commotion and opened the garage door. The dalmatian dropped me to the floor and the two dogs took off. My Daddy ran to my lifeless body, scooped me into his arms and rushed to the emergency vet hospital 20 miles away. The veternarian team treated the bite wounds and missing teeth, and xrayed for internal injuries. I was given pain medication and pumped with fluids to avoid dehydration. Since the hospital was an emergency care center, it operating hours revolved around the closed hours of most vet offices. So,in the morning my Mommy transferred me to my regular vet's office and I was placed in ICU. My outlook remained grim. Several treatment plans were in place, but none succeeded. Since I wouldn't eat nor drink, the vet inserted an intranasal feeding tube for my nourishment. I became very depressed, so he removed the tube after two days. But I never perked back up. As my condition worsened, the doctor suspected my kidneys were failing and the lab tests confirmed this. My leg was also mummifying and I was too weak to have it amputated. I struggled for eight long days and wasn't getting better. My Mommy did not wish to prolong my pain, so after discussing my options with the vet, she decided it was time. She smothered me with love and kisses, and whispered wonderful promises into my ear. We were going to be together again, one day on the Rainbow Bridge. She promised me I would not suffer anymore, and would always be safe. Now, It was time, I was going home. Sire, Boop, Claus, Snickers, Ghost, Earpie and Gerdie were waiting, and the pain would soon be gone. Daddy arrived and told me how much he loved and would miss me. I was very weak and it didn't take long. Seconds, actually. Everyone was waiting, just as Mommy promised.

See all diary entries for Chanel In loving memory