Summer is nearly over, meaning it’s time to bust out the hooded sweatshirts, pack away the flip-flops, and give up hope that the lantana on your porch is going to flower again. (Face it — you killed it; better luck next year, I guess.) There’s good news of course: Shedding season is in decline, so your kitty is growing in her thick, fluffy winter coat. This benefits you as much as your cat — she’ll be comfortable on cold mornings and you won’t have to vacuum every other day.
Even though your kitty is warm enough on her own, it can be hard to resist the temptation to make her even warmer — that is, to impulse-buy one of those adorable pet sweaters prominently displayed at places like PetSmart. There’s nothing wrong with trying to get your kitty to pose in his power color while you take snapshots for Instagram, but be warned: As the cats in these videos prove, your plan might backfire.
1. Cat in sweater falls over
This kitty hates his holiday sweater so much that his legs stop working. I can relate: This is exactly what I used to do on chilly mornings when my mom told me it was 6:30 and I needed to get up or I’d be late for school.
2. Tigger hates his costume
The woman narrating this video starts out optimistically enough: “Hey Tigger, do you like your costume? Do you want to wear it for Christmas?” After Tigger gives the narrator a look that implies she’d be bleeding if he could move his legs, she becomes more realistic about the situation: “You look kinda mad. You hate it, huh?” Later that night, Tigger tried catnip for the first time.
3. Maxie does not want to go trick-or-treating
This video also begins with a sense of misguided optimism: “Who’s a happy busy bee?” the narrator asks her brown tabby cat, who is dressed as a bee for Halloween. Kitty goes to great lengths to let his human know that this whole “trick-or-treating” thing is not gonna happen.
4. Tiny cat vs. giant sweatshirt
Instead of letting her human stuff her into a costume, this kitten took charge of her own destiny by trying to usurp her human’s sweatshirt. Unfortunately, things did not go according to plan.
5. Cat in shark costume chases duck while riding a Roomba
Yes, you read that right. It sounds like an avant-garde art installation, but it’s actually video footage of a cat who fears neither costumes nor vacuum cleaners. Please note that this cat was born under a double rainbow on a Leap Day.
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here’s a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I’m Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box — Here’s Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she’s an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.