When it comes to cardboard scratchers, it doesn’t get much better than the Scratch Lounge. This three-sided scratcher will last far longer than other scratchers because of the reversible super-dense honeycomb construction of the pads. In fact, the design is so unique, it was issued a U.S. utility patent.
Scratch Lounge Features
- The Original Scratch Lounge is the first 3-sided cat scratcher that your cat can use as both a scratch post and a place to lounge, nap, and sleep
- Reversible cardboard lounge scratchpad
- Measures approximately 21″ x 13″
- Comes with a baggie of catnip
- Super dense honeycomb construction
- Corrugated cardboard is 100% recyclable and contains no harmful materials
Putting the Scratch Lounge to the test
The folks at Scratch Lounge sent Allegra a Scratch Lounge Pro Pack Series for her 9th anniversary – how nice is that! We actually got our first Scratch Lounge five years ago. It’s being used almost every day, and it’s held up well in al that time!
As you can see in the photo above, Allegra was so excited, she didn’t even want to wait for me to take off the protective shrink wrap. As soon as I had it unwrapped, she went to town on it:
As you will see in the video below, Ruby has a somewhat different approach to scratching:
In addition to obviously being a hit with the girls, I love that the Scratch Lounge is less messy than other cardboard scratchers. The dense design results in fewer cardboard flakes, and the high sides contain the flakes that do get released, so it’s super easy to occasionally dump them into the trash.
In fact, all three of us love the Scratch Lounge so much that we’re giving it our coveted Seal of Approval.