Close X


Life of a former foster kitten

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing Diary Entry 81 to 86)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

I have a new friend!

September 7th 2008 10:43 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Foster Daddy left in the afternoon two days ago and he came back late last night. While he was gone some nice people came in to make sure I had food. They brought their dog who played with me! It was fun. Just a couple of kids running around! FD is happy because now he can honestly say I get along with dogs. He says it will help find me a furever home. But I like it here. My step-cats are accepting me. I get held often and feel loved. FD showed his family pictures of me while he was gone. They said I looked cute and happy. FD is doing a good job. He wants me to go to a good home and soon before he can't give me up.


Yeah my pics!

September 4th 2008 7:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Foster Daddy got some pictures of us and put the ones of ME up on my site! I hope this helps me find a furever home. For my furry siblings, I'm getting along better with them. I chase Sarge and Lena around sometimes. What? It's fun! I bound along as they run up down and around our home. And they don't hiss much at me anymore.


Adoption Fair

August 30th 2008 9:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Today was my first adoption fair. Foster Daddy took me back to where I was given to him. I had to sit in my private cage for 4 hours while people looked at me. I even got a few pets too! Some people said I was very cute and FD was taking good care of me. The cage next to me had this scary cat someone returned because she was peeing on the furniture. I hope that never happens to me. That cat was mean! She scared me so bad that I tipped over my food dish. By the time Foster Daddy picked me up I was lounging in my hamoc. Someone donated some toys for me because I was so cute. It wasn't a good day for adoptions. Just one kitty got a furever home. Five people were "on the fence" which doesn't do me any good. I won't be attending next week because of FD's family obligations.

The adult cats are adjusting to me slowly. I play around all day and I think they're getting ready to join me. But FD is worried about my stitch popping out. It's been 4 days since my surgery The worst should be over now but why take changes?


I'm back in my foster home

August 27th 2008 8:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

My spay surgery went fine and I got my shots. Daddy picked me up today. I was pretty calm on the drive and when I got home. Actually I've been very calm when compared to before my surgery. I haven't been howling for attention or climbing all over the place. The permanent cats have been more accepting except Lena took some swats at me, but nothing serious. I'm settling in again. My foster Daddy is giving me lots of attention. I guess I'm still a little bit off from the surgery.


Where am I going?

August 25th 2008 5:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Foster Daddy came home about noon. He did some work and didn't have much time to pet me. Some people came over and did some work on the house. Then FD put me and Sarge in my room for an hour to keep us out of the way as more work got done. We're getting along better me and him. We're not playing but we can snooze near each other without much of a fuss. Then FD scooped me up and put me in my carrier. We drove and drove and he brought me to an animal hospital. I was scared and cried a little. FD petted me. A lady took me and put me in a kennel by myself. I'm going to get spayed tomorrow and the day after I can go back. Daddy says it has to be done so I can be more adoptable. I just want to go someplace where I know I'm safe.


Days 1 & 2

August 24th 2008 6:56 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

My foster Daddy should have started this yesterday. But here goes. Yesterday I was taken from my old foster home and given to a nice man. I ran around his house for hours calling out to my siblings and friends, but they weren't there. The only cats around were two adults who weren't happy to see me at all. My new foster Daddy was the only one who was nice to me. The first night he put me in my own room with food, litter box, everything. But I was all alone and I hate being all alone. I cried and cried throughout the night and even tried to open the door. Foster Daddy wanted to give his furever kitties a little break and let them know I'm no threat.

This morning Foster Daddy was ready to give me back since I was making so much noise. But I was good. I stayed quiet (sort of) and realized this was a new home so he decided he was over-reacting and decided to give me another chance tonight. I still follow him around and beg to be held. He usually picks me up for a cuddle. I feel very safe with him. The other cats, not so much. The big male is slowly adjusting. He hisses and only took a swat at me when Foster Daddy carried me too close to him. The smaller female sees me as a threat. She has to show she's in charge. She took a surprise swat at me when my back was turned. I'll work on her too.

I'll have to make friends with them. Foster Daddy has to go to work tomorrow and he won't be here to play with me. Wish me luck!

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets

Sarge (In
Loving Memory)
Josie -


(What does RSS do?)