June 15th 2010 10:02 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
It's my 5 Years Bridge Anniversary Today and I'll be celebrating with my angel brofurs and sisfurs and my dear furriends. We'll be sprinkling some angel dust on Mum as it's a very sad day for her. I passed just 9 days after my brofur Poppet - her two precious boys!
This is a favourite poem of Mum's. It's true 'cos when I died she said she would not adopt any more as she couldn't stand any more heartbreak -but she did!!
To Love Again
Oh what unhappy twist of fate
Has brought you homeless to my gate,
The gate where once another stood
To beg for shelter warmth and food?
For from that day I ceased to be
The master of my destiny,
While he, with purr and velvet paw
Became within my house the law.
He scratched the furniture and shed
And claimed the middle of my bed,
He ruled in arrogance and pride
And broke my heart the day he died.
So if you really think, oh cat
I'd willingly relive all that,
Because you come forlorn and thin
Well don't just stand there - come on in!
March 12th 2010 2:32 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
A big, heartfelt thankyou to all my dear friends who celebrated my 13th Birthday with me.
Poppet, my angel brofur, threw me a fantastic party at the Bridge. All my angel family and friends were there and we just ate and played all day long. I know my Mum was sad 'cos she mises me so much and wished I could have been on earth with her and my siblings to have our customary Birthday tea but she lit me a pretty candle by my photo. I saw her take my mousie out of the drawer and kiss it - it's the one I used to retrieve. Mum must have thrown that mousie for me thousands of times and I always took it back to her and usually put it on her foot. Happy memories!!
Thankyou to my friends for the lovely gifts and messages. I loved each and every one of them. All the Irish names made me giggle. Mum says sorry she hasn't put them down here but she has to go and see grandma and doesn't have much time.
These are all the lovely gifts:-
4-leaf clover from Arrow, Orkney, Tara, Zephyr and Bunty.
Rainbow star from Wanda, Norman and family.
Rainbow from ALFIE and family.
Heart from Jobel, Zoe, Jasper and Jillian.
Heart and lovely birthday cake from Humphrey and Roger.
Blue ribbon from Dusty Miller, Erni, Jennifer, Sasha and family.
Love & angel kisses
March 8th 2010 3:32 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
Today is my 13th Birthday - I'll be celebrating with my angel brofurs Poppet and Albie and my angel sisfurs Annie, Trixie and Pippa (and all my dear angel friends too)!!
Poppet has made me a birthday cake and decorated it with worms!! I used to bring my mummy worms as prezzies and was so purroud when I dropped them at her feet - I don't know why she screamed before telling me I was such a good boy! MOL.
We won't be having a special tea in my honour but mummy will light a candle for me and put it by my picture, have a little cry 'cos she misses me and then think of all the happy times we shared.
Love & purrs
June 15th 2009 5:30 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Today is a day for celebrating Vivaldi's life on Earth and the 8 years of pleasure he brought to my life, not the 4 years he has been away. He was my funny, loving little boy and always up to some mischievous trick!
Hope you're having fun sweetheart and still playing tricks on the angel kitties!! Mummy will never ever forget you and thinks about you all the time, as she does your angel brofurs and sisfurs.
Please, no gifts or rosettes. We're a big family but like to remember all our siblings, whether it be their birthdays here on Earth or their Bridge anniversaries!
Lots of love & hugs Vivaldi from all of us!
March 9th 2009 10:15 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I celebrated my 12th birthday at the Bridge yesterday with my angel brofurs Poppet and Albie and my angel sisfurs Trixie, Annie and Pippa and all the dear friends I have met here.
I'd like to thank everyone for being so kind and for the best wishes and lovely prezzies:-
Rainbow from ALFIE & family
Emerald from Kaci Sunshine, Mittens and the Angels
Gold star from Jobel, Jasper, Jillian and Angel Zoe
Cupcake from Wanda, Norman & family
They all meant such a lot to my meowmy and I.
Althou gh Vivaldi has had a page on Catster for a while, I've never written a diary entry for my special little boy so I'd thought I'd tell you about him - in a sort of tag game.
1. Vivaldi came to me as a foster kitten when he was about 7 weeks old. He had a broken leg, which the vet thinks could have been caused when he was thrown out of a car in a quiet country lane where he was luckily found when a passing motorist saw something moving in the grass.
2. He had a metal plate put in his leg, all the way up, and he never complained and just purred and purred at everyone and everything.
He was supposed to be confined to a cat pen to restrict his movements whilst his leg healed but he just cried non-stop to be let out and cuddled.
3. His leg healed very well but when he was about 6 months old he started coughing and was snuffly. Antibiotics didn't clear it up so he had x-rays where it was found he had an enlarged heart and fluid on his lungs and he was prescribed medication which he would have to be on permanently and the vet didn't expect him to survive for more than 3 to 4 years.
4. Although he easily tired and took himself off to bed when he needed a rest or came on my lap for a cuddle, he was the most mischievous kitten (then cat) I had ever known. He would wake his sibling up if he wanted to play - they were so good about it and seemed to know he wasn't a well boy. He would fetch and carry furry catnip mice back to me and looked so proud of himself every time. A favourite trick was bringing me presents through the catflap - first it was leaves, then twigs, then worms. When it had been raining he would sit watching the soil for the worms to come up and would pull then out and proudly bring them to me. They were always unharmed and promptly were put back outside!
5. He had a leather fetish and just loved the smell of leather and would bite and scratch at any leather handbag or shoes he could find. Visitors knew to hide their handbags and feet when they came to visit. Myself and friends still have handbags and shoes decorated by Vivaldi!
6. He was just like Peter Pan and never grew up - always a kitten until he sadly died at just 8 years old from stomach cancer caused from all the drugs he had needed to take.
I wouldn't like to have missed those 8 precious years for anything and feel lucky to have had him for much longer than my vet thought. He was always an absolute joy.