Close X


Won-Ton Reflects

The vet visit

December 10th 2007 11:14 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Today I was taken to the vet.

My dad put me in the cat carrier, and mom told me I was going to make some new friends, but I was skeptical. I was so skeptical I kept on grabbing at her hand and her sleeve through the door of my cat carrier all the way over there. My mom kept on saying, "Hey, leggo my eggo" every time I grabbed onto her, and every time I stuck my paw out she took it in her fingers and said, "How do you do? Pleased to meet you." My dad drove really carefully and told me I was a good cat, but I was still freaked out. I don't like what usually happens after I'm put in a cat carrier.

Once inside the office, I meowed some piteous meows. I don't like all the strange smells and strange sounds and strange energies in vet offices: they are the smells, sounds and energies of animals in distress. Although I saw a peculiar thing there, a tiny little dog, even smaller than me, and I am quite petite. She was a grown-up dog, too. She wore a collar of jingle bells that jingled every time she shook herself. It must have been quite annoying. She did not seem in distress, though. Those jingle bells alone would have been enough to distress me.

A nice woman helped examine me, and she held me quite comfortably in her arms for a long time while she wrote down a lot of things about me. I didn't mind that so much. Then a man came in and looked a lot in my eye, but I couldn't see anything. There was a lot of poking and prodding and discussion. I grew very tired of all the talking and prodding and poking. I wanted to go home and eat snacks and have a snooze. It took forever to finish with the talking and talking and prodding and talking and poking and talking. It was extremely tiresome. I don't know why they couldn't have brought me home right away and continued their discussion without me. Come to think of it, I don't know why they couldn't have just left me home in the first place and just met by themselves. It would have been easier for everyone involved (especially me). I was so tired from it all I only meowed piteously a little bit on the way home.

So finally we came home and at last I had snacks and some pets from mom and dad and a snooze. Then I found all kinds of catmails and rosettes and stars and group invitations and friend requests from Catster. Wow! I will be busy until late tonight reading it all. That's good, I need something to do when mom and dad are asleep. They are nice but they are quite boring sometimes, such as at 3 AM, and they toss and turn and snore too loudly for me to snooze on the bed with them.


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
0 + 0 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)