A Pet's 10 Commandments, or at least passionate requests..
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2.Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me .
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit ME, before you strike ME, remember that I could hurt YOU, and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old, you too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters. We do not have to wait for Heaven to be surrounded by Hope, Love, & Joyfulness. It is here on Earth and has four legs!~
Mom took the puppy to he Vet this morning to have him checked out. Everybody there just fell in love with him.
The Vet says that he is between 6 and 8 weeks old. He is suprisingly healthy and weighs a little over two pounds. They all think that he is some kind of poodle mix.
He got his first Distemper shot and was wormed. He does have round worms. Or at least he did. Mom thinks that they are all gone now. He has an interceptor tablet to take and the Vet said to give him that Friday and that should clear up any left over worms.
He has a great appetite and lots of energy and is learning how to go outside to use the bathroom really quick.
He loves to go outside and play in the grass and run back and forth and Jessie and I chase him.
Arthur is gentle with him but Lucy doesn't really care for him.
He goes back in three weeks for his next set of shots unless somebody claims him.
OMD!!!! When Mom went out this morning to run errands she never figured to bring home another mouth to feed.
She was on her way home and thought she saw a crow on the side of the road but as she got closer she realized that it was a puppy. She immediately turned around and went back and there sat a little puppy on the side of the road just outside of the woods.
She picked him up and put him in the car and went back to see if there were anymore puppies in the area or maybe a mother dog but she didn't see either so she brought the pup home.
She was so upset. She just can't figure out where the little guy came from. She thinks that maybe sombody put him out or a stray had puppies in the woods and this one wondered away from his Mom and couldn't find his way back.
She will take him to the Vet first thing Monday morning and have him checked out to be sure that he is healthy. He is eating and drinking and his nose and eyes are clean and not runny. He does have a big tummy so she's sure he has worms. So until after his Dogtor appointment we will have limited contact with him just in case.
Well have to check on the little guy and make sure he is getting enough rest and plenty to eat and drink.