Nicknames: Percy Flercy, P Kitty, PC, Pissy Percy (at the shows sometimes lol)
Birthday: April 15th 2004
Coloration: Black and White
Likes: Fuzzy mice laced with catnip
Pet-Peeves: When I have to move off my bed - the fax machine - geez!
Favorite Toy: The ferrets!
Favorite Nap Spot: On my owner's bed or my very own canopy bed.
Favorite Food: Royal Canin Persian/Weruva, TikiCat canned foods
Skills: I snort while playing! I also like to play fetch and I'm good at trapping ferrets in the closet!
Arrival Story: (from owner Laura) Finding Percy seemed almost magical. I had adopted a kitten from a rescue group who ended up FeLv positive. She died a few months later at only about 4 mos. old. A couple weeks after losing her I went "just to look" at the Seattle Animal Shelter.
I was looking at a cat and this huge fluffy white paw came out of the cage above and touched my face. And I looked up and went "OMIGOD it's a PERSIAN!!!" I'd never even seen one in real life - only in pictures!! When I asked one of the volunteers about him she said she was sorry - these cats were in the "Lost and Found" section. But then she pulled out the card from his cage and told me that it was actually the day that he was now available for adoption.
I'd already told the woman at the front desk there about losing the kitten - and six months before that Tuffy at 19. When I told her I was interested in Percy she said that he "just happened to be on special" - and they adopted him to me for TWENTY DOLLARS. I swear it was all so surreal. Even moreso how he fit right into the family here with all the other pets I have. He just seemed MEANT to be my cat!
Bio: (from Percy) Then - I was 6 pounds with an eye infection and ucky fur full of matts and dead fleas
Now - I'm 13 pounds with clear eyes and glossy fur! Damn, I look GOOD!
I'm now a champion showcat! I don't have a pedigree (since I wasn't exactly carrying a satchel with my papers in it when I was picked up as a stray!) but we found out that I could compete in the "Household Pet" category.
We participated in our first show in Oct 06. I won "Best Of" in one of the rings and a fifth in another final! Combined with overall points from the twelve rings I had enough points to earn the title of "Master". We're competing in another show the weekend of Dec 9th so we may just move up to "Grand Master"!
At the shows we promote The Seattle Animal Shelter, adoptions and the showing of Household Pets. It's great fun and encourages owners to give their pet the very best of care - which is exactly what we deserve!!! Plus we want to pay the shelter back for being there to take me in so Laura would find me!
Where my name came from: I just looked like a "Percy" to mom. My full name is a line from "Invitation to the Blues" - an old Tom Waits song.
TICA HHP Title: Quadruple Grand Master
Toys I can't live without: Tinsel on a stick! I LOVE toys that mom waves around for me - they totally rock! Sometimes when she's working I'll come up on her desk and paw at a toy till she takes a break and plays with me - YEAH!
Whoo hoo, I've been tagged by Whiskers Kissers. I love to play tag you're it!
Here's the rules:
Tell 5 Fabulous Things about you and then tag five other kitties to play!
1) My mom just happened to be at the shelter my eighth day there - the day I was available for adoption!
2) I'm a Persian but since I was found as a stray I didn't have any papers. Did you know that you can still compete in cat shows without papers? TICA has a Household Pet Class! You earn rosettes and points and titles just like the kitties with pedigrees! Go to http://www.tica.org for info
3) One of the weirdest places I like to sleep is on top of the fax machine. It puts me eye level with my owner so I can watch her while she works and I just climbed up there while she typed this - HA!
4) Have you guys tried "Marinated Mice"? No - it's not as gross as it sounds. It's furry mice packed in concentrated catnip. Whoever thought of this was genius and Mom keeps the little container or her desk. When we start trying to grab her pen or steal binder clips she gives us miceys and we get soooo loopy!
5) Mom says I'm a REAAAAALLY bad hunter. I don't know why she says that. I think Mocha and Penny look weird all hunched down watching birdies through the window. I like to run right up to the window, stand up high and go "HELLO!" to them. They're not friendly though - they never say hello back!
Five Friends to Tag:
1 Mr. Mollie (my best friend - we met at my first cat show)
2. Azurine Ambrosia
4. Sebastian (my twin, separated at birth!)
5. BOBBI BOI
I was in a professional photo shoot at the cat show this past weekend! I've never been in one before so Mom wasn't sure if I'd be up for it. Plus it was the afternoon of the second day of the show so I was getting a bit cranky! Who wouldn't? But when I realized that I was the star - that the camera was on me well, I couldn't help but keep striking pose after pose for Helmi Flick - the really nice cat photographer that took my pictures. Mom said she's very proud of me. I'll admit I do look pretty handsome in those pics!!! They're the new fancy ones on my page.