May 22nd 2012 6:44 pm
[ View A Comments (19) ]
I'm back from the vet's office. Here is what we found out.
1. I've lost 2 pounds since January.
2. I'm dehydrated. I got fluids, and brought home some fluids that Mawmee and Daddy will attempt to give me 2-3 times a week. The vet lady said this should make me feel a little better, and it should also help my hard poopies.
3. My breath stinks. Since I just had dental work in January, my breath shouldn't be stinky from my toofies. The vet lady said this usually indicates problems internally.
4. I had a lot of pee in my bladder. They decided they wanted some of it, so I gave it to them, and also pooped on the floor just because I thought they might want some poop too! Besides, Newman said you can't go wrong by leaving poop behind!
5. They took my blood! They are going to check my Kid Knee values and also my Thy Roid values to see if there has been any change since we had that done in January. I should get those results back tomorrow.
6. The vet lady gave me a Convenia shot which lasts two weeks. She said that will help with any infection that might be going on which could be causing the stinky breath (and the bacteria living in my stinky mouth).
7. The vet lady didn't feel any masses in my tummy, but you can still have the nasty C and not have masses. Mawmee said we would not be doing any ultrasounds, chemo, or other stuff like that. Mawmee told her she has been down that road before, and didn't want to put any more cats through all of that.
8. We left lots of money there.
9. We made an appointment for Inky for tomorrow because he is due for his yearly check-up.
I came home and ate a little bit of dinner, so that was good. I'll keep you all updated when I know anything more. Thank you so much for all the purrs and good wishes. It means a lot to me (and Mawmee).
That's a good kitty, leaving pee and poop there. I bet the vet lady couldn't be any happier with you. So far, so good. We'll keep up the purrs. Violet, maybe you should eat a breath mint or gargle with nip water?
Gargling with nip water is a pawsome idea, Timo!
Purring for you to start feeling better! It kind of creeps me out how obsessed humans are with our "leavings." Can you imagine the fuss they'd throw if we demanded to check the toilet every time they used it. *rolls eyes*
Mol Art you are so funny! The thing is some of the furs around here do want to check the toilet crazy kit. Violet of course your stinky breath is mos likely jsut that and infections and it will be all cleared up after that shot. Of course you left lots of money there with your waste MOL the vet people love to see money poo and pee.
We're so sorry your not feeling well, we sure hope you'll be feeling better soon and we will send you extra purrs for you too!
Feel better Violet! Purrs Purrs!
KiKi & Family
I know what the vet pawlaces like to do with our offerings of pee-pee and poo-poo...I have left those there almost efurry year, and nobody even asked fur them, MOL!
Now that you are doing the giggles about that, I know it will be some help in making at least your spirit feel better. Glad that nothing is blatantly telling the vet dudes about bad things...so we will have to await those lab reports...and hope that purrhaps it may be something that can be easily remedied.
Purring and pawyering for you to feel lots better! POTP, Violet!
Ohhh Violet!!!!! I am purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring and purrrrrrrrrrrrring for you and and and Ozzy is too!!! We love you and your whole family and and and we love your mommy too and and and we want you to be okay and to have many many more years with your mommy and daddy!!!!
Wow, Violet I am impressed with your droppings at the Vet office. Angel Calvin had a good giggle over that one.
I am hoping your blood tests will show that you have an infection, or something wrong with your kidneys or thyroid that meds can help. No crappy C!
My family will be purring really hard for you. I will be sitting on the edge of my PINK cloud hoping for news tomorrow from the vet that shows you can get better. Your purple cloud is not ready yet !!
The whole family is purring up a storm for you to start feeling better soon.
Miko & The "M" Crew
Sorry to hear about your visit to the vet and all the comings and goings you had to leave behind. Sure hope you get some good news and it's nothing serious. Sending many purrs your way!!
Hugs and purrs,
Simon & Reuben(an angel)
Violet, we are purring for you!
Tigger and Family
I'll keep on purring for you!
We're all purring as hard as we can for you Violet and hope you feel better with the fluids.
Love and big hugs to you and your Family
Alfie, brofurs, sifurs and Mum
I'm still purring and purring and purring for you, pal!
1) we got sum trout en rout ta put de wait bak on ya, boomer haz inclooded 478 cases oh butter sew be on de look out for it bee for it takes ta meltin coz itz gonna be 178 in de shade at yur houz two day
8) we left a lot oh money at a trak one time
3) we toll ya eatin burd waz gonna caus hally toe sis...eatin onions will cause holly toe sis but eatin popcorn causes hully toe sis
6) ewe haza in fect shun coz ewe eated burd dinna ya
9) inky cancelled his appt coz he does knot wanna go
7) XOXOXOXOXOXO calvin spunk N sugar
4) we hope ewe getted a pick sure oh this for poopology "number two"
2) ask gleek ta turn on de garden hose sew ewe can drink frum it; this werks best when de hose goes thru de kitshun window and lays next ta de table
5) we hope it bee a crazed Roid stead oh nastee azz C
13) best fishes N paws crossed for sum mews that doez knot has de nasteee azz C werd in de conversayshun; de blessings oh st francis two ewe dood
hugs N love from TT
Eh, who needs money anyway? You can't take it with you, so might as well leave it!
We are purring and praying for you Violet and my Mom understands how your Mom feels....once you go through the nasty C and try to do everything you can but the end result is always the same, the suffering is the same she isn't sure she can do it again.....
We send our love, hugs and Mom is praying for good results...hand in there....hopefully the fluids will make you feel better...
purring real loud for a simple fix! ourrpurrpurr
Hi Sweetie...thinking of you here. My sisters had the C, and they made it through honey....but maybe you just got a bum stomach....Bella has pancretitis and the vet said that and problems with the kidneys can make your breath smell bad.
sending lots of purrs...