February 7th 2011 7:55 am
[ View A Comments (4) ]
So – now I’ve been tagged by my new friend Samsara. I gather that the way this game is played I’m supposed to list 5 pet peeves and then tag 5 of my friends. Hmmm…I hadn’t really thought about it before. The way I look at it, if there’s something I don’t like - I try my best to avoid it, and if there’s something I want – well, then, I just keep trying and trying until I finally get it! Like with my sister, Sleeper. I knew if I kept trying to get her to play with me, eventually she wouldn’t be able to resist me, and I was right! I mean, how much could she hurt me with biting and scratching that I hadn’t been through before? And let’s face it, I’m faster than she is – I could dodge those swipes, no problem!
And like when I want to get out the door, if I keep at it, I usually make it out. I can’t even list that as a pet peeve when my Mama catches me and is mad; I just give her a little lick on the hand to say “Hey, no hard feelings!”, and - sometimes – she smiles. :)
1. Well, I could list taking all that medicine when I was a baby. I didn’t like it, but I knew I couldn’t avoid it, so when Papa would hold me and Mama would put the dropper against my mouth and say “Open up, please!”, I would. That usually got me lots of pets and sweet talk, and often a food treat – yum! They always seemed so surprised that I didn’t fight it (like my sister!), but - oh, well – if you can’t avoid it, you just deal with it.
2. Getting sprayed in the face with the water bottle when I’m up somewhere where I shouldn’t be. But how can that be bad? If I can get to that place, it should mean that I’m supposed to be there. Except like maybe when Sleeper was balanced on the edge of the painting frame last night – I’m not even sure how she managed to do that. I was impressed. Mama looked like she was going to have a heart attack. I don’t think it was very fair that Sleeper didn’t get sprayed in the face then.
3. Not being let out of our room in the morning as soon as I wake up. I mean, Sleeper likes to sleep, but I only sleep if I’ve been playing extra hard, or I’m full (I wonder if that’s why Mama feeds us just before bedtime?), or if I’m bored like when Mama and Papa go to work at the shop. I don’t understand why Mama says “It’s only 5:30 in the morning for Cripe’s sake!” I’m awake – shouldn’t everyone else want to be? I’ll just keep trying and eventually they’ll open this door.
4. Getting my claws clipped. But that’s another one of those things that can’t be avoided, so I only complain a little bit. Sleeper is a real baby about it, though. You’d think Papa was trying to kill her or something. Mama says she can’t do it – it makes her too nervous. He’s never hurt me, though, but it’s a lot of work to get them nice and sharp again. Don’t they know that? Geez!
5. Wet food that has been sitting in my bowl for too long. Like 10 minutes or so! But I’m getting better about it. Mama says she’s tired of feeding all our leftovers to the birds outside. BIRDS ARE EATING MY FOOD?!!! Can they do that?!!! That made me think twice…and besides, I’m hungrier these days. I think it’s because I’m growing.
Well, that’s my list, so now I’ll tag these friends:
Giggles. That's not fair--Sleeper did get squirted and you did. If you want to jump on something and not get squirted, maybe you should pick something that can't get water on it too.
Can't you take an umbrella with you?????????
My favorite is #3 - if you're up, everyone else should WANT to be up!! So true - aren't they afraid they're going to MISS SOMETHING?? I would be!! prrrrp, Tink
Concatulations On Diary of the day Samhain! Loved you Peeves post & your homecoming story made Mommy teary eyed. Have a furtasastic year. Hugs & Pokes, Darla xo
We stay away from Catster for one day, and see what happens. My catness, Diary of the Day! How wonderful. Congratulations, sweetie. I hope it was a happy one.