September 26th 2010 7:29 am
[ Leave A Comment | 9 people already have ]
I hope efurFur iz doin' gud today. Mom had a bad night an' dun't sleep at all. Iz ok, her feels mush better from her tummy sickness. Her has one last errand to run today an' be done. So her's can take a nappy afore our grand trip to Alaska in KCK, in which, I am in charge, along wif our COTM, Smokey. Did ya see dat "Kewlest Catster Kitties" iz Catster's Featured Group!? How Kewl iz dat?!
So I wuz readin' one uv my gweat furriends page diaries, Patchez, today. I wuz Enthralled by her diary from way back. It made mom cry. Coz mom no's not all pets r treated fairly. Iz called "A Cat's Ten Commandments" an' u might haz seen it afore, but it's well worth mentionin' agin.
Love & Purrs, Milo
A Pets Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, good or bad, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you yell at me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old or become sick. No matter how you feel, I’ll be there for you.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you.
Leave A Comment | 9 people already have
Hope your mommy gets some rest today and feels better from her tummy sickness. Thank you for putting up the Ten Commandements for Pets. How true!
Hugs and purrs,
Simon & Reuben(an angel)
I hope your Mommy feels better and can get some rest! You've been posting some really beautiful things in your diary, Milo. I hope Mommy lets us go on the Alaskan cruise, it sounds like so much fun!
Hope your Mommie feels better Milo. Those 10 commandments for pets made Mommie cry....
Hugz and purrs, Sassy
Thank you for posting this Milo! It's very beautiful!
Purrs and hugs,
Hopes yer mommy is feelin better an' can play wif you today.
Ingen, Baby & Mr. Spot
I've read these 10 commandments many times and do my best to live by them. I find the last one is the most difficult but I have/and always will be with my furbabies when they make their ultimate journey. I owe them that for all the love they've given me throughout their lives. It hurts deeply and I cry a lot, but I can't imagine not being there for them.
Very good rules for cat peeps to go by...and not a few doggy peeps, too!
Hope your mommy feels much better, soon!
Pipo and Minko
Thank You for posting those 10 commandments, Every Pet Owner should follow those and listen to themselves when they speak them and live by them. That last one hit me the hardest when i read it. I have had my baby Oreo die at the vets (urinary Blockage) and I was not there as had to go to a college class. He was alone and probably scared when He died and I was not there like He wanted and regret it. He was my first baby boy cat and since then have not gotten another Male. Please dont leave their sides be with them when THAT time comes. In tears from reading the commandments and now writing this. Milo I hope Your Mommy will begin to feel better soon.
Hope your mommy is feeling better. It was a great trip on Sunday, you did a furtastic job. I had lots of fun. I love the pet commandments.
Love Spice and family
Mum read the Spanish version a couple of weeks ago and cried like a baby... It's so beautiful...