February 9th 2012 7:39 am
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]
Well, mommy was at the vet with Ruffy last night and she asked her about me. Big Vet told mommy I have CYSTS. She said that of itself is probably not comfortable for me, but might not worry her so much if it wasn't that she feels there 'could be something else' possibly going on. She said she thought she detected something 'hard' and this is a concern to her.
Mommy told her she is worried about me with surgery. She reminded Dr.P that I didn't do so well with the dental I had 2 years ago, and I'm now 2 years older.
Dr. P told Mommy she is going to review my chart from that. She said that she believes she could 'get this procedure done really quick in under an hour'. Mommy told Dr. P. she's worried with all my health issues how I'd rebound from surgery. Dr. P said she understood, and would see what they could do to make it as quick and easy on my as possible, but she, in this case, does recommend 'doing something' because she's concerned that there is 'sometihng more' going on-she and mommy talked about how Mommy loves me, and how 'this might be the difference between living from 15-16 or living from 15-18 or 19. She said she's going to review all my results, and then do a treatment plan, which would also give an idea of the cost. Mommy is sighing, but she said to Daddy that I am the world to her, and 'gosh, she's my life, my Kitty Girl' and Daddy agreed.
Mommy is worried about me undergoing surgery, though. She said that she does feel between a rock and a hard place, but wants to do whats best for me, whatever that may be.
Mommy is open to suggestions from any other Mommies and Daddies who have been through this with 'Senior' cats. Mommy is also open to 'holistic' things others might have used.
I was a good girl this morning and ate alot of my breakfast, but Mommy is worried because I did have very very soft stool.
Leave A Comment | 6 people already have
meez is the furst kitty to my furmily and the last yet... and I'm nut a year old yet. sos they r nut experienced with senior cats. weez hopes that U's get some expert advices from Newman's mom, Blizz's dad, Unk-G's mom and peeps like them. weez shore hopes that whatefur ur mom does fur U's, should beez worth it and U's get well soon!!
I'll be sending you lotsa purrs.
bak in me days eye developed a large cyst on de side oh me face and tanx full lee de vet was able ta drain it without ree occurence...me wuz 15 at de time...
while this doez knot help ewe; eye wood tell yur mom ta ask for a 2nd opinion ore ask de vet ewe iz goin to now... why her is usin de werd "possibility"...that her kneads ta be like az "definite" az possy bull bee for puttin ewe thru sir jerry...
eye dunno if this link will help; but it mite offer sum clues or point ewe in de rite direct shun anymew
hugs from dude
This is just a super tough decision sweetheart and we don't really have any suggestions. But we will purr super hard for you no matter what you decide.
Purring hard for you Bella and for your mom too! This is a major decision for your mom and there's not much we can say or advise. We support your mom, no matter her decision. It's a tough decision but your mom knows you best and I believe she should go with her gut on this one.
Kaci & family
We agree with Kaci and Alex's Moms, you just need to get all the facts and make the decision that is right for Bella! and you do know her better than anyone. This is never easy when it comes to our babies especially when they are older...you will know what is right....don't let the Vet push you into doing something you are not comfortable with...do research!!!!
hugs from all of us