Enter One of This Year’s Pet Halloween Costume Contests
There are a couple of big pet photo contests coming up for Halloween. Around the first of October, I always think, “No prob’, I’ve got plenty of time,” and then I end up in a mad scramble days before Halloween trying to pull together the perfect costume and get the photos. So here’s your official warning: you will never have plenty of time, so get to it!
PetSmart has two contests: an online and an offline contest. This is purrfect for cats, since an online competition doesn’t require that they mix it up with dogs:
- PetSmart’s in-store contest and pet parade will be held on 10/21 at 6pm. Do your cat a favor: unless he is extremely comfortable standing in line with dozens of barking, hyped-up dogs, leave him at home and enter the online contest. In-store participants get a free goodie bag, and prizes include various denominations of gift cards. Check the site for a store near you.
- PetSmart’s online contest offers a $150 gift card as a prize, and your pet’s photo will be turned into a greeting card by Avanti Press!
Petco is also offering online and offline costume contests:
- Petco’s Online Cat Photo Contest winner will receive a one-year supply of Natural Balance food (up to 12 dry dog food bags or 12 wet food cases in a consecutive 12 month period).
- Petco’s In-Store Spooktacular will be held on Saturday, October 25th at select stores. The pet costume contest starts at 2pm. Click here for details.
Good Housekeeping’s Halloween Pet Photo Contest offers the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: a 6-night stay at the Sundance Trail Guest Ranch in Colorado,
- 2nd Prize: a Pet Portrait certficate from Zapata Studios, and
- Third Prize: a Gift basket from Kathy Santo Everyday Pets.
And don’t forget: Catster’s World’s Coolest Cat Contest is just around the corner!