October 2nd 2008 2:12 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Last night when I curled up to go to catnap, the only friends I had were here: my family members. I didn't know ANY furry-felines (except for my three daughters, who are all grown up now (sort of) and live 400 miles away... sigh...). Now, today, I have-- unbelievably!-- more than a DOZEN friends just like me!! I feel so CONTENTED that I just want to stretch out and PURR. I'm practically catatonic with purrful happiness. WOW!!!!!
My mom put up another picture of me, too-- it's me pretending to be a RACCOON, on the back porch. --Okay, well, that's stretching it a little! I guess I always look like a raccoon when I walk, since I can't use my back leg. --But that's not a catastrophy, right? In every other way, I'm pure **FELINE** 'n loving it!
Thank you, THANK YOU to all my new friends! YOU MADE MY MONTH.
October 12th 2008 9:25 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I am having the BEST day! I LOVE CATSTER!!!!
This morning I found a big, gorgeous PUMPKIN that Callie Rose sent me! I think she is the sweetest, most giving kitty I ever met. (I'm thrilled that she has met a guy who is purrfect fur her!) --So I curled up on top of my best-ever pumpkin in the morning, sun, an'--
Guess what! I GOT A SHRIMP!! Big, beautiful, acrobatic Kahli sent me a shrimp!! So now I am curled up on my nice, warm, gorgeous pumpkin in the morning sun, playing with my most furvorite food of all time, an' pretty soon I think I will EAT it! (The shrimp.) (I'm saving the pumpkin fur Halloween.)
Now I know what BLISS is. I missed that completely in my life-before-this-one. Bliss is furbulous!!!!! THANK you, Callie Rose and Kahli, for giving me BLISS!!
Plus, I have something else to think about. SOMEone has been sending me delicious crunchy little FISHIE-TREATS, and I have no idea who that is!! I like those fishie-treats a lot, a lot, purr-purr. Whoever it is, I wish I could THANK them.
I think getting on Catster is the very most wonderful place in the world. Having FURIENDS is so amazingly special!
OOOh, stre-e-e-tch time! I feel so-ooooo good......
October 13th 2008 9:40 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Okay, okay I've been stuck all day long trying to figure something out. WHO is Anon Y. Mouse??? She sent me the most yummy-looking turkey in the world!, an' I can't find her to thank her! (Okay, so it's not jus' yummy looking, it also tastes really-really wonderful...) -- (I know, I know, I was supposed to save it fur Thanks & Giving, but I couldn't help it, I jus' had to gnaw a bit on one of the leggies... I'm sure nobody will notice...) I hope I meet Miss Mouse someday soon, so's I can give her a BIG ol' purr & rub an' tell her how COOL she is!
October 17th 2008 7:47 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
So this morning I was jus' lying around on the deck, in the warm sun, an' stretching an' curling, an' watching the birdies, an' lapping up some good, GOOD MILK, an' feeling all full an' happy an' content an' LOVED... an' something happened!
It was a huge-enormous-amazing-incredible MIRACLE!!!
You know about the Bad Thing, the Catastrophe, that happened to me, when I lost almost ALL of my nine lives?? Well, I figured that was jus' it, and I would have to be very-very careful from now on, since I only had one life left. I had NO IDEA that a furry-person could get any of those lives back again!! I jus' thought they were all gone-gone. BUT:
***I GOT ONE OF MY LOST LIVES BACK!!!!!***
I couldn't BELIEVE it!!! An' I know, I know, I totally KNOW how this happened! It was ~~~LOVE~~~, pure an' simple! It was ALL the LOVE that ALL the sweet an' kind furry-folks on Catster (--an' even Dogster, too!) have been sending an' sending an' sending to ME! --ME, who was lonesome an sad an' had no furiends at ALL just a couple of weeks ago...
It was Buttercup, Moka, Louise Brooks, Chirpy, an' Locket... it was Kahli... it was Margo (a real-live Registered Kitty-Nurse! WOW!!)... it was Magic... it was lovely Chester, an' sweet Sugar... it was Uno Bambino, Purty Spunky, Tiny, Metro, Mellow Joe Santana, SiSi-esta, Reba Marie, an' Chico Rufus Valentino... it was Emily... it was Dayzee... it was Pooky (Suede's queen! --oooh!), Mouse, Jazz-the-Spaz, an' Itty-Bitty-Kitty... it was Daisy... it was ALL these good an' kind an' wonderful Catsters & Dogsters who sent me warmth an' friendship an' LOVE!
--An' most, most of all, it was:
***CALLIE ROSE!*** ***CALLIE ROSE!*** ***CALLIE ROSE!***
Miss Callie Rose really should be only thinking about jus' ONE thing right now, an' that is her coming-right-up WEDDING to her lovely Carlos. But guess what! On top of everything she is doing already, she has been my amazing Miss Anon Y. Mouse!!! Every time I look, Miss Mouse has sent me something else so-ooooo special... pumpkins & turkeys to eat, SUNglasses (I needed those! I live in Florida an' I love to sunbathe!), acorn-nuts to play with, a Canada-leaf (oooh, purrrty), a real MOUSIE!, nice shiny collars, even a GHOST!, an' lots an' lots an' LOTS of ***MILK!!*** (--burrrp-- ) --Oh! excuse me, I can't believe I did that in PUBLIC!--, an' even, even a beautiful rainbow-colored FUREVER-STAR! ...Callie Rose has been a purrfectly furtastic furiend to me-- she is so-ooo caring, an' generous, an' kind, an' loving...
An' all this love, from all these furry-folks, jus' washed over me and washed over me like an ocean, an' filled me UP with love, an' --MEOW!-- there it was: a whole KITTY-LIFE!!!!
I am just sitting here in awe, in awe of what LOVE can do. I am sure-sure that LOVE is the most important an' special thing in this whole wide world... an' it has been given to ME!!, ME!!!, jus' out of the pure goodness of folkses hearts. What happiness... what a GIFT, truly-truly... and --what a MIRACLE!
The thanking I want to give to everybody is so HUGE I don't even know where to begin to start...
October 17th 2008 1:54 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Ooooh, I was hunting around online, an' found out this information! The national "Felines With Disabilities Act" allows Injured Cats to Have Careers in lots of different fields! Oh, purr, purr!
I been talking to Margo (RKN!!!) about careers already, on account of her being such a ggrreat role model for kitties like myself. She thought maybe I could be a clothing model? I'm jus' not sure... but I DO love ~~ART~~ an' I was thinking maybe I could be an artists' model, or maybe an artist's muse?? So my mom put up a picture she took today, of me as the Mona Lisa. What do you think?? Do you think I show any kind of talent for this line of work??? I sure wish everyone who reads this would let me know... --maybe I should keep exploring some more options??
Purr, rubs, an' thanx!
November 6th 2008 6:16 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Ooooooh, this is fun! I never ever gotted tagged befur... I think I likes it!
I gotted tagged yesterday by that Oh-So-Cool Morris, who is Special True-Love Furiends with that Lovely Reba. (an' he DOES have the handsomest face!)
So, 5 interesting or amazing things about me? I don' know! Let me see...
1) My furs isn't completely black! It's tipped with red in a lot of places, so I look like a sable paintbrush (that's how I got my "artist" name).
2) I **love** to terrorize my puppy-brothers Max an' Charley. I leap out at them, bat them on their little nosies, butt into them with my head (sometimes if they're not paying attention, they FALL OVER! -heeheeheeheehee-), an' jus' generally be obnoxious to them. I always like to be Top Dog! :))
3) Guess I must be kind of a daredevil, 'cause every single time I come up the outside steps, when I gets near the top I can't seem to go the rest of the way like a normal being. Instead, I've just gotta make that BIG JUMP across the 2' space between the stairs an' the deck-- oooooooooh!
4) I was a really-really gggrreat mom! Last sprrring, when my 3 beauuutiful kittens were jus' 5 weeks old, I (blush) had-had-had to get fixed-- so my Nicest-Doctor-In-The-World said I prob'ly wouldn't nurse my babies any more. But guess what? The very same day I had the surgery, I came back home an' even though I was hurting on my tummy something turrible, I jus' went right back to nursing an' loving my babies again...
5) I don' understand this, but I DON'T SHED!!! (maybe I learned this from my Bichon puppy-brothers?) (or maybe I useded to shed, but I stopped 'cause I know my daddy hate-hates finding fur on things??)
OKAY! ...Now I guess I have to figure out who to tag next! Hhhhmmmm... I choose:
1) Margo, RKN (my furry furst furiend an' a ggrreat role model!)
2) Goldie (so's she won't miss Callie Rose so much while she's away)
3) Little-One (who is so-oooooooo furiendly, I jus' LOVE her)
4) Pooky (Suede's Queen) ('cause she could be my TWIN!!)
5) Purty Spunky (she's so NEW! an' she looks so wide-eyed-happy an' ready fur fun)
I hopes, I hopes all you fur-critters will want to play! This really is FUN....!
:)) Have a PURRRRRRRFECT day, efurrybody! :))
November 8th 2008 10:45 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
That crazeeeeee Margo! She made up her own ggrreat furshun of "You Been Tagged", an' it looks like it's hard-- but so-oooooo much fun! Here it is, with my I-tried! answers:
Anser dees kweshuns in yore diree, an den tag as mene kitties as yew wants! Yew can tags 1, 10, 100, or jus play yoreself! I canno wate tew see da ansers! MOL!
1. How mene toes duz yew hab?
Um-- I'm not exactly sure, 'cause I can't count that high. I think I has 4 on the front, 4 on the other front, 4 on the back, an' 4 on the other back. How many is that????
2. Is yew marreed?
Teehee! No way!! I had enough of Big Troubles jus' being on my own! Plus I'm not sure, but I think maybe those three kitty-daughters I had last February had something to do with Man Trouble?? --Jus' a guess.
3. Duz yew hab short, medium, or long hairs?
Ooooooh, I know this one!! I am a proud kitty with long, LONG hairs! I do like my furs, I think it's very purrty.
4. Duz yew likes tew dress up?
It depends on what you mean by dress up...?? I won't let my mom get near me with any outfits!!! I think I'm still a little too outside-wild fur that! But I would've dressed up fur Callie Rose's beauuuuuutiful wedding last week, an' Reba says her meowmy might make me a dress sometime. Plus my mom has been helping me dress up like furmous artists' models! That's been fun. Already, I been The Mona Sable, The Sable de Milo, Sable Van Gogh, an' more! Maybe my mom will let me put up some more pictures of me, so you can see...
5, Hoo gots da stinkeeeest gas in yore house???
Ew-w-w-w-www, Margo, what a question!!!!!! IT'S NOT MEEEEEE, that's fur sure!!!! --An' how come YOU din't answer this question your own self?!??
6. How mene toys duz yew hab?
EVFURRYthing here is a toy!!!! The dining room carpet (which I roll up an' push around efurry night while my furmily's asleep)... the doggy-feeder (which I pull the crunchy food nuggets out of an' scatter all over the floor)... the arm of the couch (which I scritch-scratch-scritch until my daddy squirts me with the water-bottle!-- oooooh, I don't like that, much!)... the wastebaskets (which I turn upside-down an' pull all the loud crinkly exciting PAPER out of)... --an' of course ALL the doggy toys, most of which I take away an' hide... an' OF COURSE the doggies themselves, who I torment ALL the time... it's ALL fun, here!
7. Is yore tale straight, kinked, curly, fat, thin, or jus rite?
My tail is jus' right. I can wave it an' fluff it an' wiggle it, an' even WHAP the doggies with it sometimes!
8. Hab yew eber killed a reel mousie??
I don't remember! I must have, because I was on my own out in the wild fur a while, I know that much. I MUST've hunted fur food or I wouldn't be alive any more... but then after I gotted shot, I hurted so-ooooo bad an' I couldn't hunt an' I almost starved to death befur my now-mom saw me an' helped me. Is mousie good an' delicious??
9. Is yew beeyooteeful, hansum, or uglee??
I used to not think I was furry purrty, but last week I told this to Goldie an' she said never-never-ever-ever say that again!!!! She said EVFURRY creature is beautiful!-- an' you know what? I decided she is RIGHT, an' I should love an' respect myself... so: yes! I'm BEEYOOTEEFUL! :)))
10. Is yew da King ob da house, Kween ob da house, or da Serbint?????
Queen! Totally, absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, Queen! We have a higher archy here at my house. Furst is my daddy, who is Top Dog. Then is my mommy, who is Top Banana. Then comes MEEEEE!! I'm the Cat's Meow!! After me comes my pup-brother Max... an' then, then comes my poor-poor little pup-brother Charley, wayyyyyyy down at the furry bottom of the archy, who I pick on without mercy. (I'm 'shamed of myself... --**NOT!!!**)
--Okay, Margo, I dids it! Hope you enjoy. But like I said, where's YOURS?!?!??? :))))))))))))))))
December 5th 2008 1:30 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
...So, I did bunches of thinking over the Thanks an' Giving holiday. I remembered last year's Thanks an' Giving, which is when my now & furever mom rescued me. I must have been shot about a week befur she saw me. I was in such pain that I could barely walk, an' I hadn't been able to find myself any food at all fur days an' days. I think the angels sent her! If she hadn't fed me, there's no doubt that I would have died.
Getting shot made me skeered an' shy, and all this past year my heart was filled with anger at the man who shot me. Every day, I would remember what had happened, an' get mad all over again. It was so unfair, an' so unnecessary & cruel! Because of that bad-bad man, I would never be a whole kitty again. I thought I would keep this anger inside me fur the rest of my life.
Something happened on Thanks an' Giving day this year, though-- something wonderful! I was thinking, as usual, about how awful it was to get shot, an' I was thinking about the man who did it to me. Then, suddenly, out of the blue, I felt my anger start to melt away! I saw clearly that I *had* to let it all go if I ever wanted to heal my soul... an' I knew that I needed to furgive him.
Once I saw this, I made a decision: I would FURGIVE the bad-bad man, an' make my peace with who I am now (even if I'm not a whole kitty any more). My Thanks an' Giving could be a Thanks an' FURgiving! Then, a huge-enormous weight seemed to jus' float off my back, an' a great happiness filled me. I saw that it doesn't matter if I'm not whole on the outside. My INside is whole, an' that's what counts!
I started to purr an' purr an' purr... and somewhere, somehow, during all the purring, another miracle happened. I GOT ANOTHER ONE OF MY LIVES BACK!!!
December 17th 2008 10:59 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Ooooooh, that Pooky, my sweet, wonderful look-alike TWIN 2000 miles away, is something! I tagged her a lo-oooong time ago. It took her a while, but she played-- only, she changed the game! She made it much-much better, an' she asked if I would play it the new way. Well, it's taken me even LONGER!, but here I am! I hope I am furgiven fur taking so long. In writing this, I'm learning that gifts come in all shapes an' sizes, an' that every single one of them should be honored an' cherished.
5 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FUR THIS CHRISTMAS:
1) I gots three really-really good legs! What if I had only TWO legs? Ooooooh, that would be bad! So, if I hobble a little, so? I can get any where I want to get! (Almost.) That's why first of all, right off at the beginning, I am grateful fur my three good, strong legs.
2) I haves a HOME, a real HOME! I'm safe, I'm warm, my tummy is full, no buddy will ever-ever hurt me again, an' I get cuddles, toys, pats, rubs, an' all the love a fur-critter could want. I'm in heaven! LAST Christmas I was only a few months old, I had a turribly injured leg, an' although my furever-mommy was feeding me by then, I was still too skeered to come to her. LAST Christmas I was all alone, freeeezing cold in the sleet an' wind, skeered, an' hurting. What a diffurence a year makes! Thank you, thank you fur my furever home.
3) Last February I had three beauuuuuuytiful baby daughters. I'm grateful fur them! They stayed with me fur 3 months, an' they taught me how to love unconditionally. They taught me how to put some one else furst. They taught me how to laugh an' play an' be a kitty! And, they taught me that even when you have to let go of the ones you love, they will always-always stay warm an' snug in your heart. My three girls have a wonderful furever home now in Georgia. They're all together, an' I get to hear about them all the time. I'm so-oooooo thankful fur all of this!, and fur the very FACT of my babies.
4) I know I don' act like it sometimes (-well, a lot of the time!-)... but I just ADORE my two pup-brofurs, Max an' Charley. I am grateful that we share a home together, an' that they love me, too! I am slowly, slowwwly learning how to play with them. At furst they skeered me!, an' I kept away from them. Then, I learned how to hide behind things an' LEAP out an' bat-bat Charley with my little pawsies! Now, finally, I'm learning how to play the right way with Charley. I chase him, an' he wags his tail an' runs! Then HE chases ME, an' I swish my tail an' run! This is all SO much fun!
5) This is so-so-so-oooooo impawtant to me: I am more grateful than I could ever, ever express, fur all the special kitty-furiends I have now on Catster. I feel loved an' cared about an' supported, all the time! My furiends are strong an' smart, sweet an' understanding, kind an' loving... they never judge me! (even when I mess up) --they just accept me fur who I am, an' they might even LIKE me that way!
Some of these furiends have gone wayyyyy out of their way to help me, like Callie Rose, Pooky, an' Margo. Some of them are fun new furiends, like Hailey & Ashleigh, Cassidy an' Mojo, an' Margo's Mikey. And, some of them are jus' there, always watching out fur me and being kind an' supportive, like Baby-G, Little-One, an' Emily. How I wish I could gather all my beauuuuuytiful furiends up an' wrap my arms around 'em, an' tell 'em how much they mean to me!
SO. That's my five things. Oooooooh, I'm the luckiest kitty in the world!! Thank you, thank you world, thank you my 3 good legs, thank you my home, thank you my furmily, thank you my furiends, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I can't believe how purrrrrfectly **HAPPY** I am!
An' GUESS WHAT! Right in the middle of my writing down all this gratefulness, when my heart was jus' so FULL of love an' joy I wanted to cry, it happened again! It did, it did! My Christmas miracle! I gotted back another life.... I really-really did! It's the JOY, I jus' know it! All this JOY I've been learning gave me back another life. How could any kitty's life be more blessed?
Meeeeoooowwwwww!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
April 30th 2009 3:28 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
Oooooooooooh, I've had the bestest day ever-ever-ever, today!
It's my BIRTHDAY! I am two hole years old. Is that furry old? I'm not sure. I sure have managed to pack in a hole lot of living into two little years.
Let's see... I gotted borned-- I bet THAT wasn't easy, hehe! Then something happened an' I losted my mommy an' my litter-mates, an' my HOME too. Then I gotted shot. Then I gotted starving an' skeered an' lonely an' completely lost. THEN I found my now-meowmy an' my Furever-Home!!! Then I had three beauuuuuutiful little girls, who are all growed up now an' living all together up in Georgia. Then I gotted fixed (what was wrong with me, anyway?). Then, I gotted to know my pup-brofurs Max an' Charley, an' I discovered the joys of CHASING, an' POUNCING, an' BAPPING!
Now I am a truly happy kitty, an' I spend my days lounging around on the deck or in the grass or in the garden. Sometimes I even hunt fur mousies or squirrels! I gots lots of furiends on Catster, folkses I really-really care about. I gots a pawfect life now, an' I will never-ever-EVER stop being gggrrateful fur it. THANK YOU, WORLD!
I already lo-oooooove being two! :))
PS: I gotted a brand-new collar today!, an' a new feathered catnip toy which is my all-time furvorite. My meowmy spended over an hour petting me this morning... I have been learning how much pleasure there is in a head-scratching or a tummy-rubbing, purr-purrrrrrr. This afternoon Max an' Charley let me CHASE 'em an' POUNCE on 'em to my heart's content! An' tonight I'm gonna get a yum-yummy tasty TREAT fur my dinner, oooooooh, meowsers! The bestest thing of all, though, is-- guess what! I GOTTED ANOTHER *LIFE* BACK!!! Ooooh, my ears an' whiskers, birthdays is FURTASTIC!! :D
Sort By Newest First
(What does RSS do?)