Likes: Sleeping, drinking water out of a dripping faucet, emptying the sock drawer, Daddy's after shave cologne.
Pet-Peeves: Other cats. The exception was our senior cat Jimmy-Joe. Since he passed away, Flaca has become a loner and has very little to do with our other kitties.
Favorite Toy: Twist ties
Favorite Nap Spot: Cushion on a kitchen chair, or Mommy's computer chair when Mommy isn't sitting in it.
Favorite Food: Kirkland brand cat food
Skills: Removing socks and scarves from the dresser drawers, Jumping in the bathtub and meowing until I turn on the faucet.
Arrival Story: My husband and I were dropping off our camping trailer for repairs at an RV repair shop when we heard meowing coming from behind the counter. The shop owner explained to us that their alarm had been going off in the middle of the night every night for two weeks, but when they went down to the shop, they would find no one there. Then they noticed wet paw prints on the toilet seat and set a humane trap, not knowing what kind of small animal had gotten locked up in their shop. The culprit turned out to be a small black and white kitty that had been without food for two weeks, and apparently was surviving by drinking water out of the toilet bowl. I asked what they were going to do with her, and they said they planned to turn her loose on their father's property to be a barn cat. Then they asked if we would like to give her a home instead, and my husband said "Yes". So she came to live with us.
My husband gave her the name "Flaca" which means "skinny" in Spanish because she was so thin. She is no longer skinny, but the name has stuck.
Bio: UPDATE: After 8 years as an inside cat, Flaca ran off on September 4, 2012 and has not been seen since. She had taken to acting strangely and being very elusive, even while indoors. We hope and pray that wherever Flaca is, whether still alive and returning to her feral way of life, or at the Rainbow Bridge, that she is happy and free from pain.
Hello furriends! I haven't posted anything in my diary for a long time, but this is very urgent, so my fursibs and I are all cross-posting this in our diaries. Minda, Paula, and Merry are three wonderful kitties whose owner is dying of a brain tumor. The owner, Kathy, just went into hospice care and will not be returning home. Her house is going into foreclosure, so even though Kathy's wonderful neighbors (Catster pawrents of Albie and Mr. Silk) have been going across the street 2 or 3 times a day to check on the cats, this cannot continue much longer. These kitties have been declawed and must live indoors. PLEASE go to Minda, Paula, and Merry's page at the link below, read their story, and help if you can to save these lovely girls from going to a shelter. They can be adopted individually or together. They are located in West Virginia but transport to an approved home within several hundred miles could be arranged. Even if you can't adopt any of these girls, please share the link. Thank you so much!
I've been tagged by my furiend Mathis der Meowler (Catster #526501). I need to tell seven pawesome facts about myself, and then tag seven furiends. Here are 7 things about me:
1. Daddy named me "Flaca" which means "skinny" in Spanish, because I was really, really thin when my pawrents adopted me. I got to keep my name even after I was no longer skinny.
2. My brofur Curly picks on me a lot because I won't play with him. I prefer to be left alone! (except by my hoomans...I love it when I get attention from Mommy and Daddy.)
3. Mommy and Daddy try to keep me indoors, but I love to run outside. Climbing trees and tracking gophers are two of my favorite pastimes!
4. For a little girl, I have a very deep voice. Mommy tells me I have a "Siamese voice", even though I am not Siamese.
5. I have allergies. Sometimes I have sneezing fits , sometimes my eyes run, and I'm allergic to mosquitoes so I can't go outside at all during mosquito season. (Daddy thinks my immune system was compromised when I accidentally got locked inside a repair shop for two weeks without any food before I was rescued and adopted.)
6. I prefer drinking water from a dripping faucet to drinking out of a bowl. (For the two weeks I was locked in that repair shop, I had to drink water out of the toilet to survive....Yuck! So now I prefer my water to be fresh from the faucet!)
7. I find the smell of my daddy's after shave cologne intoxicating! It makes me flop over and purr like crazy....beter than catnip!
Now I need to tag seven furiends. I will tag:
Haley Ann (#90631)
Junior Fluffkins (#642792)