Catster's Picks of the Week: Who Says Halloween Has to Be a One-Day Event?
Halloween decor and costumes are great, but tend to have a short lifespan. And, when funds are tight, it's not always easy to justify purchasing items that you'll get to use for only 1/12 of the year. So this year, I've been on the lookout for fun (and creeeepy) feline Halloween items that I'll be pulling out on the 31st and keeping around well into next year. This week's Catster Picks are all about celebrating Halloween with your cat the day of and beyond! — Christine Martinez
1. Cat Art Witch Goddess Illustration — Printed on old book pages, I love how Sabrina the Teenage Witch this cat illustration is. Yes, she's got a witch hat on, but cat lovers with a dark side will love hanging this in their homes all year long. I can see it in a dark and dusty library.
2. Fatboy Catbag Cat Bed — The design is simple and modern, the color is dark and sophisticated, and the fish skeleton print is edgy and cool. Your kitty will love snoozing on this bed by Fatboy every day.
3. Cat Face Shaped ID Tag — Keep the black cat iconic on Halloween and year-round with this cat-face-shaped ID tag. Your cat should never go prowling around without one.
4. Black Felix Hamish McBeth Cat Collar — At first glance, I thought the little white cat faces were eyeballs! (Eww!) Until I realized they're just sweet kitty faces with squiggly red whiskers. (Aww!) But I love the subtle creepiness on this well-made collar.
5. Faux Fur Cat Ear Hat — For all of you going for the fashionable cat look this Halloween, I highly recommend topping off your costume with this stylish faux-fur cap. And if you're really a fearless fashionista, you'll keep right on wearing it through the winter season.
6. Meow Sequin Sweatshirt — I love how this easy-to-wear gray sweatshirt has been spruced up with a sequin cat. I'll be wearing this to pass out candy, and on many casual weekends to come.
7. Betsey Johnson Cat Stud Earrings — Designer Betsey Johnson's show-stopping fashion is wearable-wacky at its best! I love the way she frequently pays homage to animals in her designs. These sparkly black cat stud earrings are just what you'd expect to jump off Betsey's catwalk.
8. Cat Toy Catnip Zombie Finger — We were once a nation obsessed with vampires, and now thanks to popular television shows like The Walking Dead, it's all about zombies! Throwing a Halloween bash? Your friends will get a kick out of watching your kitty walk around with a zombie finger in her mouth. Make sure you keep it around well after the party because this zombie trend is here to stay.