somewone help my cat?

my male cat has bin attack by a racoon an after school there was a spot with no skin an it had a
hole bunch of blood on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by Member 941603 on Jan 27th 2010 in U.S. North Central

Answers

You need to get your cat to a vet Now. I hate to give you bad news but the raccoon may have rabies. You cat could have it now too.
You have got to get the cat to the vet. This is nothing to mess around with.

You need to get your cat to a vet as soon as possible. If you are a kid, then you need to beg your parents to take him to a vet. We would love to be able to help you, but even if we were vets, we can't treat your kitty through a computer. He needs to see a doctor now!

Because raccoons are one animal species which is known to carry rabies, I'd be very careful if I were you. In fact, I would get animal control or some other pros (I don't live in the U.S. and don't know the system) to take your cat to the vet. IF your cat has rabies and bites you, and IF you don't get the necessary treatment, you are almost guaranteed to die. The key is to get treatment before any symptoms appear--and it can take weeks, months, or years for that to happen. Yes, I'm trying to scare you, because I care about your life. Get your cat to the vet before he bites you. This will probably result in him being quarantined to see if he develops rabies or not. It also may result in him being euthanized. None of this is good news. In the future, keeping your cat(s) indoors is the best way to avoid rabies infections. You can learn about rabies at www.peteducation.com Take care. Our purrs and prayers are with you.

Chibi answered on 1/27/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer