Hi I was wondering how long can indoor and outdoor cat like my neighbor cat is 15yrs old and he both goes outside 1hr a

He has male main coon that feeds on mouse when outside even inside as well but he has live for long time and takes his shots for vaccine and other shots for being outdoor and indoor cat.

Asked by Member 1149152 on Jan 9th 2013 Tagged outsidecat in Maine Coon

Answers

Hartley

Indoor/outdoor cats can live for just as long as indoor only cats if they remain healthy and are kept safe from outdoor hazards.

Hartley answered on 1/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

As Hartley said, not all outdoor cats meet a bad fate. If they did, we probably wouldn't have the overwhelming overpopulation of cats that we do. My son's cat, Cole, is probably around 10 and has been an indoor/outdoor cat all his life. He lives in North Carolina now where there are bobcats, snakes, poisonous bugs, etc. The longer they're outside cats, they do get smarter. However, it only takes an instant for something bad to happen no matter how old or smart they are. Having said that, it's almost impossible to make an outdoor cat an exclusively indoor one. We had to spend $500 to replace our window screens when I tried that once b/c the cat tore through them to get out. As long as your neighbor's cat isn't ticking off the human neighbors, he's kept vetted and his luck holds out, everything should be OK.