Your Cat Is Royalty, So Enter This Cardboard Castles Contest
The Cardboard Castles Contest is no longer accepting entries. If you entered the contest, please check the email address you signed up with on Disqus or your Instagram account for a message letting you know you were randomly selected as a Finalist. The Final Voting Round is now live. Thank you to everyone for your amazing participation.
The relationship between cats and cardboard boxes is an ancient and sacred one. It is said that deep in the tombs of Egypt you can find hieroglyphics of cat gods riding through the sky in a cardboard chariot. Don't ask me how ancient Egyptians produced cardboard -- there are many unsolved mysteries in this universe, okay?
From Maru and his adorable cardboard affections to that guy who built his cat a kingdom of cardboard as an epic apology, cats and pressed paper pulp share a bond that shall never be broken nor ever denied.
That's why we've teamed up with those stylish folks over at Hauspanther for a giveaway you have to enter lest your cat friend ignore you for the next 24 hours.
Here's what you could win:
- Five finalists will receive the Cardboard Lover's Combo.
- One grand prize winner will receive the Cardboard Lover's Combo, Modern Wall-hanging Cardboard Cat Scratcher, a PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge, and a Kittyblock ... all courtesy of Hauspanther. (They are seriously awesome, right?)
Here's how to enter:
- From April 2 until April 14, we'll be accepting photo submissions in the comments section of this post and on Instagram. We're looking for the cutest photos of cardboard castles you've built for your cat. They don't have to be fancy! We'd especially like to see your cats in their cardboard castles. Post your photos with Disqus in the comments section here or use #CatCardboardCastlesContest and tag @catstermag and @hauspanther on Instagram.
- We'll select five random entries as finalists for a final voting round from April 21 to April 30. Voting will be conducted in another post right here on Catster.
- The grand prize winner will be the entry with the most votes.
- We'll announce the grand prize winner on May 7.
Here are the rules:
- Contest is open only to U.S. residents with shipping addresses within the United States. We know that's a bummer to our pals elsewhere, but contest rules get a little tricky, unfortunately.
- Finalists will be notified either by email or with a comment on their Instagram entry. Finalists will have three days to respond to qualify for the final voting round. If no response is received, we'll select another finalist.
Good luck! We can't wait to see those cardboard castles and your adorable cat friends!
Check out some of the adorable entries we've received via Instagram below. (If the display doesn't load, you can see it here.)
Laugh with us:
- 6 Types of Cat Stares, Decoded
- Four Things from My House That Must Gross Out Non-Cat People
- Call Me Gross, But I Won't Stop Doing These 5 Things to My Cats
About Liz Acosta: Catster's former Cuteness Correspondent, Liz still manages the site's daily "Awws," only now she also wrangles Catster's social media. That's why she wants you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and -- her personal favorite -- Instagram. See ya there!