9 Haiku Poems from Deep-Thinking Cats
Cats are naturally meditative creatures; they often look like they're immersed in super deep thoughts. I like to imagine them pondering heavy philosophical questions and feeling completely Zen. You know what else I think they're doing? Writing haiku poetry. That's right. I think I've even caught my Phoebe counting syllables on her toes. No lie.
What kind of haikus would they write? I have a few ideas -- here are 9 of them!
What would your cat's haiku look like? Give us a sample or two in the comments! Remember to use only 17 syllables -- five for the first line, seven for the second, and five for the third.
Photo of cat on rock: Alan Turkus.
About the Author: Angie Bailey is an eternal optimist with an adoration of all things silly. Loves pre-adolescent boy humor, puns, making up parody songs, thinking about cats doing people things and The Smiths. Writes Catladyland, a cat humor blog, Texts from Mittens (birthed right here on Catster) and authored whiskerslist: the kitty classifieds, a silly book about cats wheeling and dealing online. Partner in a production company and writes and acts in comedy web series that features sketches and mockumentaries. Mother to two humans and three cats, all of which want her to make them food.
Read more by Angie Bailey:
- 5 Reasons My Cats Think I've Lost My Mind
- 8 Cat-Themed Items That Give Me the Giggles
- And Now, 5 Photos of My Cats Caught in the Act
- 6 High School Clubs My Cats Would Join
- It's Impossible to Be Mad at These 6 Cats
- My Cats Are Addicts: 5 Reasons They Would Land in Rehab
- 5 Parts of Cat Anatomy That Crack Me Up
- What if Cats Held Office Jobs? Worst. Cubicle Mates. EVER!
- 8 Cats Who Look Like Ice Cream
- 5 Ways My Cats Are Total Taskmasters