Young male one eyed cat hates my partner, older female has followed suit.

When they first met my current partner they were fine briefly but within weeks the young male got very scared and aggressive towards him hissing and scratching. The older female soon became antisocial with him too. It has calmed a little as my partner just gives them space. When he's not here they are affectionate, playful and sociable. Do they dislike that he has a temper? I know he'd never harm them and is sad he can't have a relationship with them. They've retained a completely loving relationship with me but it's causing tension for all of us. Can I do anything to change this?

Asked by Member 1172185 on May 27th 2013 in Socialization

Answers

Yes and we hate to say it, but your cats know something you don't. They can smell a rat a mile away, unlike us. Every guy my cats didn't like caused me pain and was gone within a year. Listen to your cats: they KNOW something that you don't. You might not believe it, but cats know character and the guy is not worthy of you... ^_^